Sign in to follow this  
ziiip

Performance Issues

My specs: Celeron 2.4 Ghz CPU, 6600 GT AGP 8X, 1 Gb RAM, IS7

And the game is really jerky, especially in (intense) combat. For example I was playing battlefield match on Everon with 32 players, I had about 20 FPS all the time outside combat. In combat, I had about 8 FPS! What the heck is causing this low performance? The view distance is 900 m, terrain is very low, visuals are on medium and the frame rate is set to 20.

Please if anyone knows what the problem is and how to resolve it, then reply. sad_o.gif

Using a mod? If so, try vanilla ofp. See if you still have the same issue.

Dxdll?

if using dxdll turn off reflections it kills the nvidia 6600's and above for some reason.

OFP is cpu hog. Your running a Celeron

which version Celeron is it?

Its the mission maybe? Large missions with many units and scripts can slow things down, especially if too many units and objects are thrown together in the same area.

My OFP is almost totally vanilla, I have only crCTI addons installed. And I play CTI matches.

Quote[/b] ]OFP is cpu hog. Your running a Celeron

Yeah, Celeron sux, but still, OFP's recommended is 700 mhz, so it should be more than fine. What do you mean by the "version of it"?

Playing "OnLine or stand alone"?

CRCTI can be really demanding especially if there is a lot of vehicles happening, especially when Vulcans or Shukas are firing.

Also, might be an idea to check and see what is running in the back ground.

The problem is the Celeron.

Those chips have less 2nd level cache than their more expensive Pentium "brothers".

Try setting the value for Texture_Heap (in the flashpoint.cfg) to 2/3 the amount of video Ram.

In my case this helped with the performance.

Yeah, Celeron sux, but still, OFP's recommended is 700 mhz, so it should be more than fine. What do you mean by the "version of it"?

Some versions are worse than others.I have a 2.6gig socket 478 version, not in use anymore...

My son likes Joint Operations...he can play offline ,once he connects online its about 1fps.I guesstimate that my Celeron 2.6 (even overclocked to 3.2 gig) performs about a PIII 700 under a load(it chokes bad).BF1942 barely playable.

So if your using a 2.4 ,I would set OFP to lowest settings possible

Game is just bugged, i get about 20fps with a 3700+ @2.8, 2 gig memory and 7800GT so be happy with your fps, they look pretty good to me!! I got medium/low settings.

Whats the refresh rate under the options?

For me its set to 60 and therefore 60fps is the most possible fps i cn get on the game.

Not sure but your refresh rates may be lower then 60 so thats what could be causing this problem.

AMD 1.8Ghz 2200+, 768mb RAM, Geforce 6600 GT 256 (AGP).

And ofp runs well.