Sign in to follow this  
gonk

Where to buy ??

Thanks sdstorage, at least I know i'm not completely lost! Just as a matter of interest; how long did it take for you to get the e-mail? I've not had it yet and it's been 4-5 hours! Maybe they don't process credit card info at the weekend...who bloody knows?

cheers

chris

Got mine 30 seconds after.

I suggets you email support support.vente@metaboli.com

With as much information as you can safely give them.

OMG sweet, I am in the USA and bought and downloading from Morphicon now !!!

less than 100kbs tho mad_o.gif

OMG sweet, I am in the USA and bought and downloading from Morphicon now !!!

less than 100kbs tho mad_o.gif

I read on their(metaboli) forums that they have problems with some ISPs, that why some people download slow ... Do you got 100kb for each file or for both files?

I get about 50kb for each file sad_o.gif ... kind of boring when I could get 800kb+ ...

Mine started off bad, now 400kb/s for both files.

Unfortuantly I have to go to a weeding reception so first time i'll play it tonight i'll be drunk.

ONLINE DISTRIBUTION USERS!!!

Do NOT apply the 1.01 patch to this game as it already comes to you as version 1.01!

The protection is STARFORCE. If you happen to get a securom error on startup, reinstall, and don't install the 1.01 patch again.

Have fun playing armed assault like me! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

What versions (in which countrys) the ArmA gonna have Star Force and where don't?

i downloaded the german version from morphicon and it seems that version uses starforce online authentication. i hear that the regular german release uses securom and the czech regular starforce. i have no problem with my version that seems related to the CP used as of yet.

@murks: they do accept bank transfer but i don't know how that works if you're not located in ger. maybe somebody else knows if thats an option for you?

sad_o.gif No Paypal. I do not have a credit card.

You can submit money to your PayPal acount by bank transfer.

i don't think thats what he meant wink_o.gif

i don't think thats what he meant wink_o.gif

The misconception is that you need a credit card to pay via PayPal. You can also use a bank transfer.

you misunderstood - the link above does not offer the option to pay via paypal wink_o.gif he wants to use paypal but he can't since it's not a viable option...

but i could be totally and horribly wrong wink_o.gif

you misunderstood - the link above does not offer the option to pay via paypal wink_o.gif he wants to use paypal but he can't since it's not a viable option...

but i could be totally and horribly wrong wink_o.gif

OK you're right. Nevermind then.

I thought it was only distributed via sprocket?!

The BIS version is to be distributed via Sprocket, this is something Morphicon are doing on their own with the German version.

Hello.

I opened a thread, this one: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=55200

You can buy ArmA online there, German version.

What I want to know is if there will be any problems patching this one, if you need any special kind of patch, like when you buy from Direct2Drive official patches doesn't work.

Now, I was told in that thread before it was locked (I was told to go here) that the 1.01 patch is included, and that is fine, but what about future patches?

Also, do you get a serial so you can play online?

I thought it was only distributed via sprocket?!

The BIS version is to be distributed via Sprocket, this is something Morphicon are doing on their own with the German version.

BIS version is also English?

So... the whole world can purchase Arma online from Morphicon (download), but only in German... i thought they could only distribute Arma in their region. This seems kind of crap since they werent capable (or willing) to publish the game in more areas, if they are selling it all over the world they should atleast have an english version available, instead people are buying the german version rellying on an unofficial language conversion patch..

Doesnt seem wright, since it might affect IDEA's sprocket distribution and other publishers sales numbers, someone got greedy imo confused_o.gif .

So... the whole world can purchase Arma online from Morphicon (download), but only in German... i thought they could only distribute Arma in their region. This seems kind of crap since they werent capable (or willing) to publish the game in more areas, if they are selling it all over the world they should atleast have an english version available, instead people are buying the german version rellying on an unofficial language conversion patch..

Doesnt seem wright, since it might affect IDEA's sprocket distribution and other publishers sales numbers, someone got greedy imo confused_o.gif .

The amount of non-german speaking people that buys a download of a German version of the game is only an extremely small share on the market.

The amount of non-german speaking people that buys a download of a German version of the game is only an extremely small share on the market.

There are people all over the world looking forward to Arma's release and once this gets spread... keep in mind other releases are only expected to take place in february next year.

If Morphicon got worldwide distribution wrights they should distribute english and other language versions too or atleast a official language patch confused_o.gif .

I think i will wait for sprocket instead smile_o.gif .

Downloading it now, lucky I've got 8mbit  smile_o.gif

It's not maxing out though  banghead.gif  550k/s now.

8Mbit? My god the fastest line we have her in South Africa is 1mb if we lucky banghead.gif

There are people all over the world looking forward to Arma's release and once this gets spread... keep in mind other releases are only expected to take place in february next year.

The OFP fanbase is fairly small compared to the total share of the market. Most people will probably just buy it after they read a review or see it in the shop.

And also remember that when people really want it earlier they'd rather download it from an illegal source than a legal one. One it won't cost you shit and second it's much easier.

Quote[/b] ]If Morphicon got worldwide distribution wrights they should distribute english and other language versions too or atleast a official language patch confused_o.gif .

Then they would be interfering with the markets of other distributors.

I'm inclined to agree with heatseeker here as ironsight is right about the amonut being sold to non-german speeking customers may be a small percentage but it'll still eat into 505s market. I'll just wait for the 505 SE..

Quote[/b] ]If Morphicon got worldwide distribution wrights they should distribute english and other language versions too or atleast a official language patch confused_o.gif .

Then they would be interfering with the markets of other distributors.

But like... they already are confused_o.gif . Might aswell do a proper job at it and relese the language files.