Sign in to follow this  
gonk

Where to buy ??

Well when I odered from amazon.de the order was confirmed with an email.. so fingers crossed I will get it.. btw I live in the uk

if you live in US cant you just ask someone to buy it for you and send it by mail

It has been confirmed by Morphicon that the german version will have german subtitles and english speech.

So let me ask a question that I would like to point directly to Placebo and maybe he is kind enough to answer it:

Will ArmA have an easy to edit file with the translated sentences in it? (In OFP it was called stringtable.csv)

Thank you for answering.

It has been confirmed by Morphicon that the german version will have german subtitles and english speech.

So let me ask a question that I would like to point directly to Placebo and maybe he is kind enough to answer it:

Will ArmA have an easy to edit file with the translated sentences in it? (In OFP it was called stringtable.csv)

Thank you for answering.

It hasn't been comfirmed that German subtitles are the only option available in Morphicon's version. They simply don't know yet if English language will make it into the final version, too.

Since it looks like the english verision is going to be released next year and there is no word about the on-line release, I want to order AA from an on-line store.

Next Year!? *choke*cough*sob* Where when how do you know it will be that long?

huh.gif

Thank you for answering.

It hasn't been comfirmed that German subtitles are the only option available in Morphicon's version. They simply don't know yet if English language will make it into the final version, too.

It has been confirmed.

Quote[/b] ]Any news about the language support of the German Armed Assault copy? Can we pick English as our language in the final version?Yes, there’s news …

Localization is in progress and recordings have already been finished.

Subtitles and menus will be in German. Voice output will remain English, except for reporters (intros and outros).

http://armed-assault.net/morphicon-interview/

That is why I asked the question above which Placebo may be kind enough to answer.

i think he is asking about a "full" english version(menu, subs etc all in english)

Someone could make a fortune using eBay here... wink_o.gif

Not really... whatever some money grubbing bastard charges on e-bay another decent person will ruin his business.

What you all forget is 99% of games, including ofp had the option to select language at the install.

One thing that realy grinds my gears is that in all those english language polish previews, which seemed to be written by a 12 years old kid, the screenshots that had menus and everything like video settings missons briefing is in ENGLISH!!. And there's not even a slightest hint of the game coming out in the U. S.

Yeah South Africa got a publisher (i have nothing against South Africa), but U.S. and Canada just seemed to be ignored, probably because we are such small unimportant poor countries.

By the way South Africans should be proud that they were choosen before the U. S.

Hate to tell you this, but you wern't ignored, you just didn't have a suitable publisher therefore, no publisher for you has been secured.

The only places who have release dates atm only have them because the publishers they are using agreed to BIS terms. Therefore if you want to blame anyone, blame the publishers over there.

If I was 505 I would definitely provide the english version through download distribution. That way they could release it much earlier than Q1 07. I really hope they're not going to translate it into Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish etc etc.. almost every1 here would prefer an english version anyway.

Do you hear me 505? ONLINE DISTRIBUTION and ENGLISH language smile_o.gif ASAP!

Hate to tell you this, but you wern't ignored, you just didn't have a suitable publisher therefore, no publisher for you has been secured.

The only places who have release dates atm only have them because the publishers they are using agreed to BIS terms. Therefore if you want to blame anyone, blame the publishers over there.

"Suitable"? Would it not be an equally reasonable conclusion that BI might be to "blame" (your choice of words not mine), for their: poor understanding of U.S. Publishing, weak approach to this market, and publishing "terms" that may not be amicable to what's expected or even possible in our market?

That there are more game Publishers and games published in the U.S. and Canada then all of Eastern and Western Europe combined, would I think suggest that at least some of the "blame", (or perhaps more realistically misunderstanding) may lie with BI...

If I was 505 I would definitely provide the english version through download distribution. That way they could release it much earlier than Q1 07. I really hope they're not going to translate it into Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish etc etc.. almost every1 here would prefer an english version anyway.

Do you hear me 505? ONLINE DISTRIBUTION and ENGLISH language  smile_o.gif  ASAP!

That would be quite a feat considering only hockey and children's games are translated to nordic languages.

It's between BIS and the publisher's who gets the game first. Bickering and moaning about it will get us nowhere.

Now i'm not trying to blame anyone at all. My point is, is that U.S. is completely forgoted. It almost seemes like and i hope its not that Armed Assault is European only game. And the reason why i have made such a heated comment, is that is i haven't played flashpoint in like 2.5 years. But even though i'm not a computer gaming geek. I still look forward to it. To tell you the truth i'm only awaiting 3 games. That is NFS: Carbon which is like 1 month of gaming. Battle of Brittian which is a flight simulator, which is by the way is made in Russia (Ubi publisher) and Armed Assault. I'm just anxtious since i haven't played computer games for a very long time. Since my computer gaming phase was over when i got my driving license. Its just one thing that kinda ticked me off is one of those European websites with Armed Assault  reveiws, which supposedly have been translated to english, it had screenshots of like game menu, mission brifiengs, game settings, and the words on the in-game screenshot were in English not in polish or french but english, even though it was on some European website representing a certain country. Now if those screenshots had been in website's country native language then i would've accepted ArmA as European Game only.

And if South Africa is getting the game before the States/Territories do then i'm happy for them. At least somebody in the world won't be felt forgotten and will enjoy the game.

I know that game doesn't sell very good in states, but the main reason is  lack of advertisment(depends on the publisher) at least thats what i think, american kids don't know what the game is about and how good it is. The only reason i ever picked it of the shelve, is that i come from Kyrgystan, and i was very suprised to see the familiar UAZ on a screenshot on the back cover of the box, one of my neighbors had one, not military of course, just regular russian jeep. That picture of the UAZ is the only reason why i bought OFP rather then like Rainbow Six. To answer the question of where to buy, well for me right now, absolutely nowhere, haven't got a clue .

Got it off my chest now, sorry for such a long post.Thanks

adadaead

Firstly as stated North America has not been forgotten, if you check out this thread, which is long, but also full of detail, you'll start to understand what is happening.  BIS tried for a global publisher but there are only a few of these in the games market one of which was also not an option for BIS wink_o.gif *cough* codemasters*cough*.  So they have had to look for publishers for the separate regions.

They would not want to ignore the North American market as there is the potential to sell a lot of games there, but it is not the only market or the biggest.  Europe as a whole has a population of about 800 Million I believe, approximately 12 % of the worlds population. Whereas I believe North America is about 340 Million or around 6%.

The deals that have been signed so far demonstrate that a publisher for a single/smaller country can get a product to market quicker than a publisher who is covering either a large geographic area or multiple languages. It would take real expertise to publish/advertise/distribute to the whole of North America, maybe BIS are waiting until they find someone they feel can do the job well or are willing sign a contract which is both beneficial and fair to both parties. Don't forget BIS is not a huge company, they really need to get the maximum from this product to help fund the development of Game 2.

If you are ask big a fan as you claim, you would be crossing your fingers for an online distribution of an English version or getting setup to buy a German or Czech version online and either guess the briefings or hope somebody mods the language files quickly.

back on topic please...  post any czech and german on-line store where you find AA forsale... thx

I would like to remember you guys that Im still working on my project.

For those who missed it, I thought of supplying everyone who can not get a version of ArmA with it. Ive started a fair business and im finishing my homepage, where you can pre-order a copy of the game for yourself.

The advantages compared to amazon are: I deliver to any location of the world, as fast and reliable as amazon und supply you with a bill and guarantee, original version and content (products will be bought at german wholesale), insured shipping at low costs.

And what counts more than this... this is a service for from a guy from the community, for the community.

Homepage online soon ! before the release !

Be patient and remember, there is someone out there thinking about how to make you happy with ArmA wink_o.gif

Cool..please post the link to your store immediately when you are done. I really really can't wait to get my hand on this game.

Its pretty pathetic that no US distributor wants to take this game sad_o.gif

Cool..please post the link to your store immediately when you are done. I really really can't wait to get my hand on this game.

Its pretty pathetic that no US distributor wants to take this game sad_o.gif

Yes it's pathetic... but as we see with BF2142 - the big companies are pussies. They want to do the tested and tried. BIS on the other hand are pioneers. Pioneers take risks, but the reward is often greater.

If BIS pulls this off with top notch multi player implementation I think they don't EVER have to look hard for a publisher again.

Had OFP had as smooth MP (talking technical stuff and not gameplay) as the battlefield series, no other game could have touched it!

From what I have read about ARMA it seems they have keep the right focus for MP:

Playability and gameplay is everything