Sign in to follow this  
gonk

Where to buy ??

ok, everything is fine and the game runs like butter. i installed the english patch and all is good yay.gif

the service was good and they were quick to send me an email for support, glad i purchased this game! i have not seen a hard date for release here in the states and the $55 was not too high a price for me.

if you got cable modem, get the download, get the english patch, and enjoy. inlove.gif

Wishing I had waited a little ordered it from germany a day before the online download was available. Doh!

Would it be too hard core to get the download, A germany copy and then the english version? confused_o.gif so cannot wait to play.

Still waiting for the UK release here,be it that its out for download or not. Getting the game while I have things to work on that I would like to port into the game would be a bit of a waste,not to mention PC upgrade,maybe the tools and of course more bugs will be fixed by then.

MehMan-nobody can beat the lazyness of americans,I know,I'm one and I see them every day >.<

@Knives out:

Problem solved... I disregarded the error message by purely and simply rebooting while it was on... Just don't click it, it'll be fine. Morphicon answered me after a few hours, saying I should redownload the files and contact them if it still didn't work.

Thank you very much Igor Drukov, it work ! notworthy.gif

Let's say they have send it on the 29th and not 28th. That was a Thursday. Friday 30th. it ended up at the Postal center, Sat and sun no work (cause we German ****** are lazy *****)... yesterday Monday, December 4th... your package is finally on the way to a plane...

so there is no transportation of post in Germany on a Sat and Sun?

Post Office is 7 days a week over here, we dont have post delivered to the door on a Sunday though but peeps are still working.

p.s on the 29th I had an email saying that ArmA had been dispatched, excluding Sat and Sun thats still 5 days whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]Quote (jimbojones @ Dec. 04 2006,17:57)

I downloded it the second day it was available with no problems. Does anyone know what happens after your 3 activations? Will you have to call and activate them or will my copy just become digital cannon fodder banghead.gif

I would also like to know what happens after 3 activations???

I´m downloading it and I have´t received any confirmation e-mail...do I need it to activate the game?

I got the 2 serials that were given in download page...starting to worry...

huh.gif

I have Emailed Morphicon about this; I used one of my activations to er... activate a copy I wanted to use as a server (which you shouldn't need to do, really).

I asked them what to do if I ran out of activations due to machine rebuilds etc.

Reply below..

Quote[/b] ]

Hi,

Do not worry, if you run out of activations all you have to do is send us an email explaining why you've run out of them and we'll send you a new serial number.

Regards,

Ignacio R.

Metaboli Sales Support

So, looks good then.. We shouldnt be stuck due to a system rebuild etc.. Just keep your email receipt safe! wink_o.gif

#C

Amazon must be listening, One moan on here and it turns up the next day smile_o.gif Now to start installing and patching to english GAME ON

See you on the net guys smile_o.gif

meh. Glad y'all's is gettin' your copies alright. I'm gonna be different from most people here and wait it out, at least until after christmas. I'm gonna continue to play red orchestra in the meantime...

Hi I was just wondering if anyone who brought a copy of the german version through amazon.de has recieved it yet?

I had an email saying it had been dispatched over a week ago yet nothings turned up yet. confused_o.gif

Anyone else in uk who orderd let me know please thanks

Hi I was just wondering if anyone who brought a copy of the german version through amazon.de has recieved it yet?

I had an email saying it had been dispatched over a week ago yet nothings turned up yet.  confused_o.gif

Anyone else in uk who orderd let me know please thanks

Recieved my copy yesterday, about 10 days after I got the first e-mail from them (I think, cba to check the date, too busy playing it :P ) It's on it's way mate, you know how crap the post office is here though.

Let's say they have send it on the 29th and not 28th. That was a Thursday. Friday 30th. it ended up at the Postal center, Sat and sun no work (cause we German ****** are lazy *****)... yesterday Monday, December 4th... your package is finally on the way to a plane...

so there is no transportation of post in Germany on a Sat and Sun?

Post Office is 7 days a week over here, we dont have post delivered to the door on a Sunday though but peeps are still working.

p.s on the 29th I had an email saying that ArmA had been dispatched, excluding Sat and Sun thats still 5 days whistle.gif

Well I guess they work in one way or another.

Then I don't know if it they work it on the parcel airport centers, if they fly it to the UK on a saturday, if they again sort it to the different cities on a sunday etc etc.

+ Christmas business has picked up now as well for all parcel services world wide. I have been told by my local post office that we can add 1-3 days (easy) to any estimated postings at the moment. Hell I live here and I wait for a parcel that has been send from Munich on Monday and was still not here today. Same thing last week - send on Monday and arrived on Friday.

It's a pain with parcel services at the moment. However, I believe you can trust in Amazon if they claim that it has been send.

I am downloading now. Its been about 12min now and half way done. 25min estimated total time to download. Its flying using download accelerater

I agree, downloading was alot smoother and quicker than I expected. Installation seemed to be a bit slow mind - it took well over an hour. (I dont know exactly how long as I fell asleep) and it was a case of third time lucky.

Still, at least I have the weekend now to play around.

I own a German boxed ArmA. I have a friend who would like to purchase a German\CZ downloadable copy. Since our bandwidth is capped at 3gig per month, he'd like to install the game from my boxed copy using his purchased key. Thus avoiding the download..

Will the serial key work for any version?

these idiots (amazon.de) don't ship to Canada... where can I order a DVD version from Canada? any websites? I'd appreciate, I can't wait to have the game.

WL+1 for linking to a site you fully know you shouldn't link to on here.

Well if you can't get a boxed version the I suggest you Download the German version @ Metaboli

After the initial problems they had people seem to be quite happy with their service by now.

If not, check the larger ArmA sites and I'm sure you find some info on boxed versions... Placebo doesn't like them to be posted here and as you can see at his santa claus anim his has a lot of "warning level icons" in his sack smile_o.gif

@Knives out:

Problem solved... I disregarded the error message by purely and simply rebooting while it was on... Just don't click it, it'll be fine. Morphicon answered me after a few hours, saying I should redownload the files and contact them if it still didn't work.

I used this trick to get past this same problem. However, I'm now faced with two new problems, and I still can't play the game.

Problem 1: When I go to run the game I get:

Bad serial number given in Setup

Awesome. It woked for the install, why not the game? ..and, yes, I paid for it.

Problem 2: When I go to install the 1.02 patch I get:

ArmA: Armed Assault is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted.

Bonus. I'm guessing this is related to the fact I had to reboot out of the installation, in order for it not to be deleted on the unavoidable installation error.

Any word on an 'official' fix for this? This is rather disgraceful, in my opinion. Software should not be released in this kind of state.

I've already contacted supportvente@metaboli.com, but I wanted to throw a net in here and see if something fortunate would happen. I've been banghead.gif all f'in day..

Any help is appreciated, as I'm rather frustrated with this POS. I hope this isn't any indication of how their US release is going to go.

ok i tried to read all the posting

so whats the official place to download English version if not any other version that works 100%..

i don't feel like buying several copies of this game to end up playing solitary

Quote[/b] ]Problem 1: When I go to run the game I get:

Bad serial number given in Setup

Problem 2: When I go to install the 1.02 patch I get:

ArmA: Armed Assault is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted.

Well the support people were of no help. They just went thru their checklist: Check MD5 sum, reboot in 'lite' mode, try manual activation. Blah blah blah.

Want to know what it was?

When I typed in the CD key for the installer. I used lower case letters. The installer accepts that, but evidently the game, nor the patch, do. I tried it again today with a clear head and used uppercase just on a whim, and both the game and the patch worked alright. I was about at the end of my rope too.

Overall, though, it's still the worst experience I've ever had installing a game. And that's saying something.

ok i tried to read all the posting

so whats the official place to download English version if not any other version that works 100%..

i don't feel like buying several copies of this game to end up playing solitary

There is no official place to download the English (505 games) version yet. Since that is not released before February 2007.

So if you "don't feel like" buying several copies of Armed Assault you will have to wait until the 505 release. And then see "if" there will be a download version when it is released or if 505 games will release the boxed version first and then offer the download later. Or maybe they decide not to offer any download version of the UK version (but I don't think so).

Matt have you been living in a cave for the past month or so. tounge2.gif

I preordered mine from play.com (24.99 free p+p) about 2 months ago. I'm just waiting for the special edition to appear on websites as that's the version i want...

edit. The pound sign don't work crazy_o.gif