Sign in to follow this  
gonk

Where to buy ??

Take your OT somwhere else and stop commenting how people let theyre frustration out on the forums.

I still need a place to order, though I would prefer download version so I get the game faster.

Wierd, my download worked although it crashed at 96% and i had to restart. But it definitely worked. E mailed the comapny that offers the download but they are absolutely useless and they say 7 days a week support ?? banghead.gif

Has anyone that has found the download system virtually impossible emailed Morphicon/Metaboli's "Customer support 7 days a week" service?  And as anyone that has sent an email received any kind of response yet?

As yet I've heard nothing back from my email... But for those of you doing the kicking and screaming about BI; I have to say as annoyed as I am, I feel for them as well -- being an independent is very tough, but at the same time the tough better get going!

confused_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Well I just got a very polite reply in immaculate English from Ignacio R. of Metaboli Sales Support.

They are actually recommending using a download manager for those that are having trouble; he recommended GetRight specifically.

I'm a little torn, the three install deal is rather limited -- and there's Marek Spanel's nice mail-order offer...

huh.gif

They took the website down this morning.

Its just come backup and I can now finally purchase and download the game...

I downloded it the second day it was available with no problems. Does anyone know what happens after your 3 activations? Will you have to call and activate them or will my copy just become digital cannon fodder banghead.gif

I suggest that you burn your just downloaded version on a DVD, that way you have at least a backup and it saves you some download time during reinstallation.

YeeeeeeeeHaaaawwwwww! Site is fixed, and downloading now.

Its a countdown...8 hours to go...and then I get to pull an allnighter playing ARMA.

This is bad news for the family, as I will be totally ignoring them for weeks (months?), and it being xmas and all. Better finish my xmas shopping while its downloading.... xmas_o.gif

I downloaded the Metaboli version but i can't install it.

Error message : Im setup ist ein felher aufgetreten. Möglicherweise wird die Anwendung nicht einwandfrei funktionieren.

System specs: Amd athlon xp 2500+ 1,8 ghz

1024 mb ram

dx 9.0c

radeon 9600 128mb (agp)

Can someone help me ?

well, my copy is installing right at this very moment and i have yet to have any problems, plus i got my confirm email very quickly. during the install, it plays this funky guitar and all that, but the DL went well. thumbs-up.gif

ok, everything is fine and the game runs like butter. i installed the english patch and all is good yay.gif

the service was good and they were quick to send me an email for support, glad i purchased this game! i have not seen a hard date for release here in the states and the $55 was not too high a price for me.

if you got cable modem, get the download, get the english patch, and enjoy. inlove.gif

@Knives out:

Problem solved... I disregarded the error message by purely and simply rebooting while it was on... Just don't click it, it'll be fine. Morphicon answered me after a few hours, saying I should redownload the files and contact them if it still didn't work.

i havnt recieved my copy from Amazon.de yet either.

On website it says dispatched on 29th Nov and has given the delivery dates from 2nd Dec - 11 Dec

wtf it takes 2 days for me to send a letter to Hamburg from UK and visa versa.

OK Now Im starting to get really upset with Amazon.de. Pre ordered a while ago to get this on the 30th and the Damn thing still Hasnt turned up, Would have been quicker for me to drive there.......

Please Please tell me that someone in the Uk has managed to get their order from Amazon.de in the UK Or have they sent the English orders Via the North Pole. At this rate I might own the English version before my order turns up.   After so many years waiting I know a few weeks isnt that long, But dammit I Want this game Now  mad_o.gif

Wonder why my wife keeps saying I Need to be Patent smile_o.gif

Ehhmmm, Amazon.de stated in orders that are outside Germany that this orders will be shipped between the 2nd. and 8th. of December. So if you haven't got it yet (05.12.06) you shouldn't be moaning but be glad that you had found a way of ordering it.

If your order confirmation says something else, like "this item will be shipped between the 28th of Nov and the 1 of Dec" then take into account that there was a weekend just now. So I don't know what it is like where you life but over here there is no postal services or deliveries going out on a regular Saturday or Sunday.

On top of this it is that time of the year where people get all cheesy and start buying presents (even for people they don't like) and quite a few of them send them with...guess what...the mail. I have been told today that already registered air mail will take longer than it usually takes. How long? They couldn't tell me, depending on the country you send to.

US is one of them where it will take longer anyway with all the terror paranoia going and anything that is send from outside the country being a potential thread to homeland security anyway. So maybe get your tracking numbers and check what customs are doing to your game.

And since this isn't Harry Potter I don't believe that the German Parcel Services have been doing any extra shifts to get ArmA shipped so you would get it on the release day at 00:01 local time.

-----------------------

Besides that you could always have cancelled your Amazon order and get it some other place... There is enough places that sell ArmA and that ship it as well. If you read some of the other large community sites you would know.

I downloded it the second day it was available with no problems. Does anyone know what happens after your 3 activations? Will you have to call and activate them or will my copy just become digital cannon fodder banghead.gif

I would also like to know what happens after 3 activations???

I´m downloading it and I have´t received any confirmation e-mail...do I need it to activate the game?

I got the 2 serials that were given in download page...starting to worry...

huh.gif

No my copy has still not turned up... from Amazon.de.. it was ment to of been sent on the 28/11/06.. starting to think that some wanker has stolen it.  crazy_o.gif

I take it all back!!! its here.. Heee Heee Shamone!!

Let's say they have send it on the 29th and not 28th. That was a Thursday. Friday 30th. it ended up at the Postal center, Sat and sun no work (cause we German ****** are lazy *****)... yesterday Monday, December 4th... your package is finally on the way to a plane...

The confirmation I received stated that It was sent on the 28th That was 6 postal days ago, Granted that dosnt seem that long but I have recieved parcels from The US and New Zeland in less time..

Since Amazon states the Parcel was sent on 28th I cannot cancel the order as It has already been Dispacted.

It takes 1hr 30 Mins to Fly from Germany to England or about 8 hrs to drive I know since I used to drive a Truck there every Week for last 3 years. In working Days that is alot of planes or Trucks. So even if it is coming upto Yule that is still more than enough time.

Not really Moaning well maybe a little but just fed up with another empty door mate when I was hoping to see a Nice DVD sized parcel. Like I said in my first post I was Just wondering if Anyone had recieved the parcel form Amazon.de And If they had said they would not post till 2 - 8 Dec, I wouldnt have placed the order and Drove there Last Sat instead.. biggrin_o.gif

(cause we German ****** are lazy *****)

So that's why you lost the war! It all makes sense now!