Sign in to follow this  
gonk

Where to buy ??

Hello.

I opened a thread, this one: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=55200

You can buy ArmA online there, German version.

What I want to know is if there will be any problems patching this one, if you need any special kind of patch, like when you buy from Direct2Drive official patches doesn't work.

Now, I was told in that thread before it was locked (I was told to go here) that the 1.01 patch is included, and that is fine, but what about future patches?

Also, do you get a serial so you can play online?

It would be cool if someone could answer this, like perhaps someone working on the game who knows this, or someone from publisher or whatever, isn't there anyone official here to answer stuff like this?

1. Hard to say since there hasn't been any new patches released and the dl-version is already at 1.01.

2. Yes, you get personal serials so you can play online.

Now I'm gonna try and burn the image onto a dvd for future use...

I am another one of those people that ordered direct download from Morphicon/Metaboli, and am having terrible luck.  I have tried four times now and all download attempts have failed, and still trying...

I had thought that because this was a German made distribution and download system it would be sound and effective -- but apparently that's not the case for some of us here in the U.S.

Unfortunately I don't speak, read, or write German; this was a rather expensive purchase (especially since it only allows three attempts at installation) -- would any German Fan know is there any chance Morphicon would credit the balance for a snail mail order for DVD? Placibo?

huh.gif

Hey i think that site for dling arma might be a scam. It didn't lead me to any dl link that's for sure and an email is not in sight either.

Hey i think that site for dling arma might be a scam. It didn't lead me to any dl link that's for sure and an email is not in sight either.

lol. it is no scam afaik. my online purchased version works just fine and has been verified by the silly starforce authentication website.

the only issue i see is that you only get 2 reauthentications via starforce if you buy a new machine. what happens after that? i mean OFP lasted some people 5 years. that's a lot of hardware upgrades in that time.

oh, and the purchase online link i got from http://www.armedassault.info/ under the relevant news section.

I think I may be in the same boat as martinovic, I just ordered ArmA an hour ago from that website, and after I entered my credit card information, all I got was a blank page and no e-mail...

Really hope this is just a server slowdown and I'll get my confirmation e-mail later today. smile_o.gif

Ok I got my copy to work.Took a few hours from Morphicon.

Quote[/b] ]Hey i think that site for dling arma might be a scam. It didn't lead me to any dl link that's for sure and an email is not in sight either.

It's not a scam.

I think I may be in the same boat as martinovic, I just ordered ArmA an hour ago from that website, and after I entered my credit card information, all I got was a blank page and no e-mail...

Really hope this is just a server slowdown and I'll get my confirmation e-mail later today. smile_o.gif

Me 2.

Seems no matter what I enter on the form all I get is a blank page.

SirKillAlot

Quote[/b] ]Me 2.

SirKillAlot

Is anyone else having this problem? Or is it normal?

Quote[/b] ]Me 2.

SirKillAlot

Is anyone else having this problem? Or is it normal?

Yup, me too. sad_o.gif

I get the blank page too. Hope some jerkweed isn't going on a shopping spree with my credit card right now.

Did those of you who sucessfully downloaded have this blank page problem?

I've tried both Firefox and Explorer browsers...

Hope some jerkweed isn't going on a shopping spree with my credit card right now.

Yeah, he´s buying a kick*ss rig to play ArmA on with our money... crazy_o.gifxmas_o.gif

Having the same problem with my friend, Ive tried to enter credit card information like 4 times now, either way people, the credit card information havent been sendt yet, becouse there 1 last step where you need to confirm all you information, and credit card information, and its this site that dont work, or atleast I think all pages using webshops needs a "confirmation" site so I hope its just down, so I aint charged for 4 copys, I can only afford 1 and my credit card goes - :P

This is really HORRIBLE, I have spent over twenty-six hours in attempted downloads, and still do not have a working game. The other thing that seems really dishonest was the three download and three installation attempt limit was not revealed till AFTER I made my payment; there is no statement and no link to any terms, conditions and limitations that can be viewed before you donload -- is this even legal in Germany?

It would sure be nice if some German speaking individual (Placibo?) was to make an effort on behalf of BI and all of the non-German speaking Fans that have PAID this German Publisher for Armed Assault, would like to be able to play it, and have not even got as far as being able to download it!

I will make one last attempt to download, so far I have one corrupt and two failed/incomplete attempts and am rather shocked and disappointed at the shoddiness of this service, especially so considering it's German... I hope this does not require me to pursue legal redress, that would be bad for everyone...

confused_o.gif

Well, I'm fed up, here's a draft of the email I sent them...

Quote[/b] ]

To Whom It Concerns:

On 03 December 2006, I decided to pay to order Armed Assault through your download service because it was German and while the price was a bit high I assumed the service would be good.

I'm very frustrated and concerned; so far you have my money, I have over twenty-six hours in attempted and failed or corrupt downloads -- and the prospect of getting what I paid for does not look good.

Especially discouraging was that the terms and limitations (three download and installation attempts) were not revealed by your web site until AFTER I had made my purchase -- neither was I given any opportunity to decline after viewing these terms.

I would very much like to buy this game, but clearly it looks like this download service is not working for many of us that do not live in Germany or close by in Europe.  

I should very much like to make alternative arrangement for credit to a DVD version to be shipped to the U.S. (I'm willing to pay any additional cost) or for a refund; please advise.  

There are many other frustrated and disappointed download Customers that will be interested in your response to this letter on the official Armed Assault forums...

Regards,

phone:  ***-***-*****

email:  **_********@*********.com

Order Number:  *****

Date:  03/12/06

Account Debited:  **_********@*********.com

Description Price:  Armed Assault 42 / EUR

confused_o.gif

what a f****ing joke

Do you want to rephrase that? You've been around long enough to know the rules and I'm sure you could come up with some other way of expressing yourself.

what a f****ing joke

Do you want to rephrase that? You've been around long enough to know the rules and I'm sure you could come up with some other way of expressing yourself.

no I don't. But i will put some little *** in

the way BIS have gone about this whole fiasco is pathetic to say the least.

The 3 download limit seems to be gone, as i've retried downloading about 6 times now. I still have yet to get file 1 to finish downloading. Just put PC on DMZ and disabled all virus programs.

I'm praying to god it will finish. Getting a good D/l rate though, 430KB/s

FOUND THE FIX!!!

To all those that are having download problems, go to google, download Go!Zilla downloader. Install the trial version.

My download speeds were wayyy better, and I finally got the download to complete!!!!

You will have to rename the files so they have the correct extension and names however. File #1 should be Armed_Assault_setup.exe and #2 is setup01.bin

Works for some, but others among us that must be on bad routs get failed downloads we can not resume.

I'll post a response as soon as I get one from Morphicon/Metaboli's "Customer support 7 days a week" service... It's been over six hours already since I sent the email though...  Must be past closing time...

All I can say is "Let The Buyer Beware!", this was defniately NOT worth 42 Euros (over $55 U.S.) to be lied to, for all these headaces, time spent, and for a game I'll only be allowed to install three times...

confused_o.gif

anyone have a clue how to get the game ? the download thing obviously dont work -_-

what a f****ing joke

no I don't. But i will put some little *** in

the way BIS have gone about this whole fiasco is pathetic to say the least.

Unfortunately i would have to agree. The problem with waiting for a game for so long is that we convince ourselves that it is going to be the best there is and when it is not, we are so disappointed. sad_o.gif