Sign in to follow this  
gonk

Where to buy ??

Does anyone know how big the D/L is for the German version on-line?

It's in two parts. One is 0,97GB and the other 1,63GB.

ouch... well I guess my dial/up's outta the question crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]ouch... well I guess my dial/up's outta the question

Well, I've downloaded a file approximately that size on a dial-up. It's just a matter of patience wink_o.gif .

I have just bought the download version installed it but everytime i go to start the game I get securom message asking for a DVD. Has anyone else had this problem

I have just bought the download version installed it but everytime i go to start the game I get securom message asking for a DVD. Has anyone else had this problem

Yes, I have this problem too.

Working on a solution.

When the installation finishes, check the option to launch the game now (paraphrasing from German). It will then launch the online activation sytem, which will prompt you to enter the activation key (not the install key!wink_o.gif they provided at the point of sale.

Keep in mind, you cannot install the v1.01 patch with this German downloadable version. If you try to install it, the game will not work and only asks for the DVD.

However, sickboy's v.06 language patch DOES work, so be sure to get that if you need it!

Thanks for the advice it works ok now. So where do people who have bought the downloaded version get patches from in the future. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Keep in mind, you cannot install the v1.01 patch with this German downloadable version. If you try to install it, the game will not work and only asks for the DVD.

So does the download version already have the patch slipstreamed? Kinda pointless if you can't patch the securom fix.

Quote[/b] ]Keep in mind, you cannot install the v1.01 patch with this German downloadable version.  If you try to install it, the game will not work and only asks for the DVD.

So does the download version already have the patch slipstreamed?  Kinda pointless if you can't patch the securom fix.

Yes, the digital version is already 1.01 so there is no need to patch it.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

How large is the downloadable version?

Look on the previous page.

just bought the german downloadable version yay.gif unfortunately i only have 2 mbits to work with on this download so it's gonna take a while confused_o.gif

out of curiosity does anybody know what kind of protection this downloadable version uses?

edit: also i tried using Downthemall (the firefox plugin) with this download to be able to resume it but for some reason it tells me that i have not enough free diskspace?? i mean i have over 20gb free on the drive i'm loading it to... using the regular firefox downloader works though - just no resume i think confused_o.gif

just bought the german downloadable version yay.gif unfortunately i only have 2 mbits to work with on this download so it's gonna take a while confused_o.gif

Only 2 mbits? Man I can only dream of that kind of connection! It's only going to take a few hours and you can do something else like watching a movie. On my 384k connection I'm happy to see 40kB/s.

I wonder when we'll have an English version available on Sprocket, although I would prefer to own an original English version so I'll just have to wait for 505.

Well i'm downloading it now.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif "Always wanted to use those "

Good work Sickboy on the English patch.

When the game finally reaches Australia, l'll buy it again. thumbs-up.gif

On my 384k connection I'm happy to see 40kB/s.

Ouch! Thats what i had a few years ago crazy_o.gif

believe it or not, 2Mbit is one of the slower connections one can have around here. it's not "true" 2Mbit but DSL meaning 2Mbit download and less upload (not sure about the exact number there).

btw: the first file just finished yay.gif

Downloading now from Morphicon.com biggrin_o.gif

640kbps so about 40 mins per file (hopefully) - there are two files; one is 1Gb in size, the other 1.6Gb.

Pretty slick - I'll apply the English patch as soon as i get it... Then Ill be playin! biggrin_o.gif

Oh... Then I have to buy a new graphics card! nener.gif

#C

On my 384k connection I'm happy to see 40kB/s.

Ouch! Thats what i had a few years ago crazy_o.gif

believe it or not, 2Mbit is one of the slower connections one can have around here. it's not "true" 2Mbit but DSL meaning 2Mbit download and less upload (not sure about the exact number there).

btw: the first file just finished yay.gif

Well it's a similar story with 384k ADSL tounge2.gif . 4Mbit is on trial in South Africa, officially it's 1Mbit but all 1Mbit customers are running at 4Mbit as a trial. Of course 1Mbit is damn expensive here so 384k is the smarter option. Apparently the 4Mbit connections are very unreliable atm. After being on a 56k modem just months ago I'm happy with 383k biggrin_o.gif . But now it's starting to feel slow crazy_o.gif . Next year things should start changing here.

And what about apliying future patches for this d/l version?

Anyone knows?

Ok chaps, here's the problem.

I've paid for the game from the link to Morphicon and begun to get it, but then lost my connection and had too reboot!

I haven't received the e-mail yet either but i do have the two codes (activation and DVD). Apparently i can re download it at any time but how...dear lord how?

Any help would be appreciated, esp. from those of you who have got the game via this method. Is there a link in the e-mail or what as I can't find one on the site. I'm sure you can  appreciate my frustration so plz help me out.

Thanks in anticipation

chris

Uhma ... anybody knows if they(metaboli) have started to slow down the downloadingspeed? I am sitting on a 10 mbit connection and both files downloads in about 60kb/s(100-120 kbs in total).

Christud, there is a link to both of the files in the email. They do mention in the email that you will only be able to download the files 3 times from those links before contacting them as a security measure. I do not know if your failed attempt to dl counts as one of those times.

I think I am going to burn my files to DVD as a precaution.

Eipie, none of us know how they will address patching this version at this point, however, BIS is not going to leave us out. Maybe it would have been wiser to wait for an official English version, but I decided I could no longer do so and said what the hell. Initial impressions playing are positive, but you will need the hardware to get the performance.

If you have reservations wait for the demo which will hopefully be forthcoming.

Call me a fool but i've bought online as well as recieveing a box copy. I wish I had waited but I can always send the box copy back or sell it on ebay.

P.S. Anyone in uk want to buy box copy for standard price :P

Thanks sdstorage, at least I know i'm not completely lost! Just as a matter of interest; how long did it take for you to get the e-mail? I've not had it yet and it's been 4-5 hours! Maybe they don't process credit card info at the weekend...who bloody knows?

cheers

chris