Sign in to follow this  
gonk

Where to buy ??

Its pretty pathetic that no US distributor wants to take this game sad_o.gif

Every player of OFP from the US agree.

After playing OFP from day 1, and exploring all the expansions and mods, then being let down on OFP2 release moved up a year, every year, ArmA gave our group high hopes. Now, as everyone over seas from us are playing, we will be stuck in the dark. The other concerns will be the dedicated server files that will not be released untill ArmA goes gold. Thats going to limit the amount of servers that will run large multi player games for everyone.

At this point, ArmA gets put off just as OFP2 for our group and server.

If it goes like with the original operation flashpoint ArmA will be practically unplayable in MP for quite a while anyways.

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Oct. 19 2006,16:34)]I would like to remember you guys that Im still working on my project.

For those who missed it, I thought of supplying everyone who can not get a version of ArmA with it. Ive started a fair business and im finishing my homepage, where you can pre-order a copy of the game for yourself.

The advantages compared to amazon are: I deliver to any location of the world, as fast and reliable as amazon und supply you with a bill and guarantee, original version and content (products will be bought at german wholesale), insured shipping at low costs.

And what counts more than this... this is a service for from a guy from the community, for the community.

Homepage online soon ! before the release !

Be patient and remember, there is someone out there thinking about how to make you happy with ArmA wink_o.gif

Okay then but is the game going to be completely in english or german. I'm talking about english speech and text. Cause if the text in German there is no point for english speaking community to order. How are we suppose to understand the mission briefings and even set the game settings. Having voices in English only does a one-third of a job.

Quote[/b] ]Okay then but is the game going to be completely in english or german. I'm talking about english speech and text. Cause if the text in German there is no point for english speaking community to order. How are we suppose to understand the mission briefings and even set the game settings. Having voices in English only does a one-third of a job.

If languages are still handled like they were in OFP, then converting a version with German text/subtitles/labels to English is as easy as having a bilingual person edit the stringtable.

Edit - But I'm not going to order a German version unless it's early November and there's still no news about online distribution.

If languages are still handled like they were in OFP, then converting a version with German text/subtitles/labels to English is as easy as having a bilingual person edit the stringtable.

Do not forget the briefings. If they are handled as in Ofp you also need to unPbo campaign/single missions and add a generic birefing.html for every mission translated to English. If you want to distribute the translation then, you gonna need some .bat that unpacks and repacks them.

Not to mention the worst case scenario, that the German .exe build may not allow other than "Language=German" in cfg file (so you'll have to actually rewrite German text to English) which will later fuck up multilingual missions that will show to you in German.

Quote[/b] ]Okay then but is the game going to be completely in english or german. I'm talking about english speech and text. Cause if the text in German there is no point for english speaking community to order. How are we suppose to understand the mission briefings and even set the game settings. Having voices in English only does a one-third of a job.

The latest information that I have (good few weeks old) is that the Multiplayer section will be english, even in the German version. So will the menulanguage be, the Singleplayer section though is going to be in German, whereas they did not know (back then) if there are going to be english subtitles or not. (source morphicon)

This is the greatest problem... that until a few weeks before the release I still dont know which language of the game I am sending off.

German

Language changable in preferences

or German/English

And this is one of the reasons the homepage is not up yet, because you guys need to know what language it is in.

Ill keep you updated.

If someone really wants to risk it and order from some Czech on-line store (remember, you'll get version with Czech text! ), here are listed some.

I haven't checked if they send abroad (afaik vltava.cz offers it by snailmail and patro.cz by snailmail & DHL), but you may try to ask them by e-mail:

JRC

e-mail: direct@jrc.cz Other contacts

Patro

objednavky@patro.cz or any of the first seven e-mails (lets hope they'll forward it to someone who speaks English tounge2.gif).

Vltava

info@vltava.cz

These are the biggest Czech on-line stores (and none of them, sad fuckers has a word of English on their websites).

The price in Czech Republic is about 900-1000 Kc and 1600-1700 Kc for Collector's Edition; which is about 30-35 € and 55-60 € for CE respectively. With added delivery price it'll cost you 50-100% more (for the normal edition).

But here I warn you again, except for English audio you gonna get version with everything (stringtable, briefings manual, installation etc.) in Czech! So don't send me whining PMs for translated stringtable. icon_rolleyes.gif

hi, i am interested to buy a czech arma copy from germany. I checked the available online stores but there is no english support for the ordering forms.

does anyone knows an english site to buy a czech arma copy?

(I know that the sub-titels are in czech, but the voice is in english. thats enaugh. I will buy a german version when its availble).

Can anyone help?

Hello to everyone out there !

The homepage is mainly done now... only some peanuts to sort out. Everything is going fine and the homepage will be online at Saturday 04.11.2006.

From then on you have the opportunity to order ArmA from my site. I offer great support, perfect handling, many different shipment options.

Only a few more days guys.. im working several hours a day and all my weekend to make this possible for you.

you cna preorder from amazon germany for instructions visit the forums at http://www.armamods.net/

Yeah, we took some screens to guide you through the german order process till your order checkout and till you login with your non amazon.de account.

How to pre-order @ amazon.de topic

please note:

Quote[/b] ]Amazon.de does only send PC Games and Computer Software to the following Countries:

Andorra, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Finland, France, Gibraltar, Greece, UK, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Austria, Sweden, Swiss.

sorry to all them US guys "gagging" for this... sad_o.gif

===============================

Quote[/b] ]The latest information that I have (good few weeks old) is that the Multiplayer section will be english, even in the German version. So will the menulanguage be, the Singleplayer section though is going to be in German, whereas they did not know (back then) if there are going to be english subtitles or not. (source morphicon)

This is not 100% correct.

What it is =

All you read in the German ArmA version will be in German.

This includes options, UI, radio messages, editor menu etc.

However, most of this is defined in the "stringtable.csv" and can be modded to whatever you like.

All you hear will be in English in the Morphicon version. Apart from some Reporters in the SP Campaigns Intros/Outros. I have been told that all other voices will be in English.

whatever.. im sure people are more than happy enough if the voice is in english.

dont forget.. even if the GUI is in german, it can be understood by most english speaking people.

English derives from the german language ...instead of arabic - english, so stop crying out there wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]dont forget.. even if the GUI is in german, it can be understood by most english speaking people.

exactly and the UI has his strings in the stringtable.... whistle.gif

Due to the possibility that Bohemia Interactive could be accused of liability as a result of any conflict or disagreement that result from transactions between 3rd party companies advertising on official Bohemia Interactive forums it has been decided that we cannot condone or allow any advertising by 3rd parties offering commercial services of any kind.

we (arma-net) got a mail from [bQMS] SOBR.

u can order it here

but do it at ur own risk.

greetz mario

LOL, I think you should read Placebo's message above.

Let me clarify one thing at this point.

The Bohemia Interactive Studios confine themselves from the trade. This does not mean that the trade is somehow illegal, rejected, disbanded or out of requests or whatever you may think.

The page where you can order Arma (which Im not allowed to mention here) still exists and is usuable for everyone.

It only is not allowed to be mentioned by myself on BIS forums. Means I am not to advertise it here and I will respect this.

Again BIS only confines themselves to assure their security, which should not be mistaken for an indicator that the trade is devaluated.

Just felt like saying this to clarify things.

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Nov. 01 2006,20:51)]Again BIS only confines themselves to assure their security, which should not be mistaken for an indicator that the trade is devaluated.

Exactly smile_o.gif

Does anyone know any English retailers/etailers that carry 505 game titles now that mail order to North America?

thumbs-up.gif

bol.de delivers to USA according to this translation.

Automatically translated text:

bol.de akzeptiert Bestellungen aus den meisten EU-Staaten und den meisten anderen Staaten in Europa sowie aus den USA. Bitte beachten Sie dabei, dass aufgrund von Zollbestimmungen und langen Versandwegen der Liefertermin nicht exakt vorhersehbar ist. Bei Fragen hierzu wenden Sie sich bitte an unseren Kundenservice

bol.de accepts orders from most European Union states and most other states in Europe as well as from the USA. Please you note with the fact that due to customs regulations and long transit periods the date of delivery is not accurately foreseeable. With questions for this you turn please to our Kundenservice

Wonder if they do australia as well? I'm looking....

By the way South Africans should be proud that they were choosen before the U. S.

I don't think we were chosen ahead of the U.S. Take DVDs for example. Region 2 = Europe ..and South Africa. It might have something to do with import\export practices being similar?

Link removed

do you know this site??

is it true shop?

remove that link or placebo will BAN YOU!!!!1 band.gifband.gifband.gifband.gifband.gif

Chipper

Quote[/b] ]remove that link or placebo will BAN YOU!!!!1

Listen to your own advice here...