Sign in to follow this  
gonk

Where to buy ??

Since it looks like the english verision is going to be released next year and there is no word about the on-line release, I want to order AA from an on-line store.  

I have found the game at Amazons.de but I don't speak german :-(.  I don't care that the game is in german... I will wing it. wink_o.gif   I am finding it hard to order from Amazons since I don't know what the labels are...yes I have tried a translator but they will not decoded the payment page due to the encryption.

What other on-line stores do people recommend that are in english and are located in Czech or Germany...yes I have googled it to death. So I am after peoples personal opinions.

Thanks...

Amazon seems real pissy when it comes to sending games over the borders for some reason, dont know if it applies to the german one as well.

I guess all the german pages at amazon.de are quite good equivalents to their english or whatever counterparts ;-) The biggest problem you may pounce on is that it's not said that amazon.de _will_ actually deliver a german version to your location. Most of the orders i did on amazon.com were rejected due to any regimentation like trade restrictions, legal issues - whatsoever.

Anyhow, reading and understanding the german amazon-portal is not that hard. Grab the text on the buttons and try leo.org for translations. The whole procedure however should be the same. Either you get an ok or your order will get declined. So give it a try. Otherwise there are enough Germans around reading these forums, ask for help and help will be yours :-)

For handling Amazon.de here are some translations of the text milled to the buttons:

Step One (find the article "ArmedAssault" and order it):

"Jetzt vorbestellen" -> "preorder this item now"

"Auf meinen Wunschzettel" -> "add to wish list"

"Auf die Hochzeitsliste" -> "add to wedding list"

Step Two (buy):

"Zur Kasse gehen" -> "proceed to checkout"

Step Three (login before buy):

"Ich bin ein neuer Kunde" -> "I am a new customer"

"Ich bin bereits Kunde und mein Passwort ist:" -> "I am a returning customer, and my password is"

Step Four (orderdetails):

"Versandoptionen" -> "delivery options"

The first radionbutton says: "Standard delivery within 3 days inside Germany and Austria, orders from 20 eurs and higher will be delivered for free. Delivery of books is free as well. Deliveries below 20 eurs will face a delivery charge of 3 eurs."

The second one tells: "Overnight-Express for deliveries inside Germany only, when paying a charge of 13 eurs"

The Buttons present on that page should be the last two, meaning the very same ;-): "ORDER NOW!"

I hope that will help a bit, but as you see the buttons and texts are nearly the same as at the other amazon-portals.

I've found a second online-shop, i guess it's the second one in size, selling online in Germany:

Bol.de

It's in german anyway....good luck ;-)

Actually,

if you have a account on Amazon already (any country) all you need is to click on the german arma article, throw it in your basket and when asked to login it "should" be in your language---

Hoot thank you Sir! your post will prove to be one of the most valuable posts! if any1 was able to confirm amerzon.de ships to the uk.. its time to steal my wifes credit card biggrin_o.gif

I know this may be kinda off topic but for the editor, like scripiting will i have to script in german if i buy the german copy?

thankyou for any help you give me wink_o.gif

right I live in the uk.. ordered with amazon.de and have the game preordered.. should turn up on the 30/11/06.. what I did was loggin to the uk Amazon.. while loggin into the german.. order something with the uk and use it as a translation for the german site.. then cancel the order with the uk site.. just hope it all works fine.. yeah will prob have to pay tax like 18Å on top.. just looks like I will have to get the overtime in.

Quote[/b] ]I know this may be kinda off topic but for the editor, like scripiting will i have to script in german if i buy the german copy?

No, all scripting is done using the same English language commands.

Personally, I'd wait to see how the online distribution system works before I started thinking about buying the German version.

Quote[/b] ]I know this may be kinda off topic but for the editor, like scripiting will i have to script in german if i buy the german copy?

Personally, I'd wait to see how the online distribution system works before I started thinking about buying the German version.

Yeah your probably right, but after 2 years of waiting im starting to get jumpy lol

biggrin_o.gif

Don't count on it being in the near future.

I asked Idea-Games and they don't even know what system they want to use, they don't know what kinda versions they will sell online neither.

mad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I asked Idea-Games and they don't even know what system they want to use, they don't know what kinda versions they will sell online neither.

But once they decide, it won't take them as long to set up a digital system than to actually print and ship hard copies. I'll just wait and hope that they can arrange something soon.

If someone really wants to risk it and order from some Czech on-line store (remember, you'll get version with Czech text! ), here are listed some.

I haven't checked if they send abroad (afaik vltava.cz offers it by snailmail and patro.cz by snailmail & DHL), but you may try to ask them by e-mail:

JRC

e-mail: direct@jrc.cz Other contacts

Patro

objednavky@patro.cz or any of the first seven e-mails (lets hope they'll forward it to someone who speaks English tounge2.gif).

Vltava

info@vltava.cz

These are the biggest Czech on-line stores (and none of them, sad fuckers has a word of English on their websites).

The price in Czech Republic is about 900-1000 Kc and 1600-1700 Kc for Collector's Edition; which is about 30-35 € and 55-60 € for CE respectively. With added delivery price it'll cost you 50-100% more (for the normal edition).

But here I warn you again, except for English audio you gonna get version with everything (stringtable, briefings manual, installation etc.) in Czech! So don't send me whining PMs for translated stringtable. icon_rolleyes.gif

i rekon if they do set up an online thing they will only sell online versions to the versions that are released.. for example the german release comes out that will be available online then when uk verasion comes out 2007 thats when theyll add that to online distribution system they have or something like that to piss people off more so the 505 guys have there share of stuff...

i rekon if they do set up an online thing they will only sell online versions to the versions that are released.. for example the german release comes out that will be available online then when uk verasion comes out 2007 thats when theyll add that to online distribution system they have or something like that to piss people off more so the 505 guys have there share of stuff...

Please don't let it be like that...

amazon.com and amazon.co.uk deliver perfectly to Germany&Austria, I'd think it's the same vice verca with amazon.de

I see those threads popping up everywhere on the forums, asking what "Nehmen sie Montignac, treffen Sie sich mit Trupp Bravo und bereiten Sie Verteidigungsstellungen für den gegnerischen Gegenschlag vor." in the mission description means. tounge2.gif

if i was to order offline how would that work? What would happen if i had to restore my pc? I guess i will just have to wait for the U.K release and order off of amazon.co.uk.............

Do they order to the US it says that i cannot order it because of shipping restrictions or somthing like that...!?! help.gif

English PLZ!

English is the Universal Language! mad_o.gif

Yeah if they made scripting in any other language it would totaly mess everything up you would think.

But I doupt it will hence everything was in english right from the start (except the subtitles for the German Version)

Do they order to the US it says that i cannot order it because of shipping restrictions or somthing like that...!?! help.gif

The same thing happened to me, and I may just panic.

well this gives me a couple of options... thx.  So if there is no word on the delivery of AA by the 1st week in Nov I will try pre-ordering it through Amazon.de.   I just hope there is not import restrictions to Australia. confused_o.gif

...or you could just be patient? That said, I'm foaming at the mouth to get it too.

- Btw, you do know that 505 is handling distribution to Australia too.

- It'd be nice to see an online download option available before the end of the year too.

amazon.com and amazon.co.uk deliver perfectly to Germany&Austria, I'd think it's the same vice verca with amazon.de

Not all the stuff fellow! My last attempt to order InvaderZim from amazon.com was closed with "Sorry we do not sell that article to your region!", same with M*A*S*H (That was not a problem of PAL or NTSC, since i got them, form of detouring ;-)).

I fear the same upcoming problem that was already told in this thread. Amazon.co.uk that will ship the 505 version of ArmA, will certainly not allow Amazon.de to sell the Morphicon's version to the 505 regions, short prior a release on the island or elsewhere.

Well, someone should start to dare it :-)

...or you could just be patient? That said, I'm foaming at the mouth to get it too.

- Btw, you do know that 505 is handling distribution to Australia too.

- It'd be nice to see an online download option available before the end of the year too.

yes I know... but 3-4 months later than the german version...I do not want to wait knowing that it is out....