Sign in to follow this  
privatenoob

"ticking off" obj to done in briefing book

Im not sure I understand, I read a tutorial but the mission exemple was not anything near Im gonna do.

Lets say in my mission briefing it says you should look this person up: Ursula(marker:obj in birefing), what do I write in the trigger to make it done in map? ObjStatus "DONE"; obj <-- ?

Anyway, is it acceptable by the OFP community if the mission itself is rather guided through direct orders by text on the screen rather then "ticking off" obj in your briefing book?

Objectives created in the briefing.html can be "ticked" like this, in a trigger for example (or a script or anyway you want) :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"1" objstatus "done"

for the first objective in the briefing, "2" objstatus "done" for the second etc...

To hide them in the briefing (if you wanna show them to the player only at a given moment) :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"1" objstatus "hidden"

To unhide them :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"1" objstatus "active"

To make one of them ticked failed :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"1" objstatus "failed"

But you must know that it is only a graphic option (ticking, hiding etc...) of the briefing : you can have all your objectives ticked and the mission doesn't end because you need to tell the computer to end (through "end" triggers).

What i do is to create boolean variable initialized as "false" at the beginning of the mission (in the init.sqs or the init line of the player) : obj1done = false, obj2done = false etc...

When an objective is successfull, a trigger changes the variable from false to true : obj1done = true.

Then, the end trigger has in its condition line :

obj1done AND obj2done AND etc...

Hope it helps...

Quote[/b] ]Anyway, is it acceptable by the OFP community if the mission itself is rather guided through direct orders by text on the screen rather then "ticking off" obj in your briefing book?

Yes, absolutely yes. You must make it clear what the player is supposed to do, but you can use Intro, Briefing, sideChat, hints, titletext, radio messages, cutscenes, voiceovers, dialogues ... anything you like.

There is an example mission which shows you all the basic stuff here.

Thanks guys, I will try it. smile_o.gif

Yes I have end missions triggers and all sort of "safety" measures to make the missions function correctly, Now it is to make it look good in the briefing book although I like the "feeling" of not-knowing what comes next, im gonna try that hidden thing too.