Sign in to follow this  
Big Dawg KS

BD Grenade Pack v3.3

Kyle, ever considered adding a british hand grenade as well?

L109A1

granted it's similiar to the american M67, and would only really require a texture change (colour and text in that link).

To execute the script from the config, you can use the init eventhandler:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class Eventhandlers

{

init = "[_this select 0,0] exec ""\bd_grenadepack\AddNewUnit.sqs"""

};

Quote[/b] ]Kyle, ever considered adding a british hand grenade as well?

L109A1

granted it's similiar to the american M67, and would only really require a texture change (colour and text in that link).

Finding information on specific hand grenades is unfortunately hard (apparently to most people a hand grenade is just a hand grenade). The only British one I was able to find was an M61 copy, and I wasn't even aware of this M67 copy. You're right it's a simple texture change, but since I did not create the textures, I haven't got the skills to make this one.  confused_o.gif  If you or any one else wants to retexture it, I'd be happy to include it.  wink_o.gif  And if you (or anyone for that matter) have any further information on any grenades, please share it with me, I'm one of the few who really cares about hand grenades.  tounge2.gif

Edit: Actually it seems this is a copy of the Swiss HG85, the fuze is different than that of the M67 too.

Kyle, ever considered adding a british hand grenade as well?

L109A1

a bit ot but do we use the HG85huh.gif

on topic, ks i'm sending you a pm about something wink_o.gif

yes, we do:

HG85

L109A1 is the designation for the HG85... in fact, if you read the link i posted up:

Quote[/b] ]Notes- Swiss HG85 adopted by Britain as the L109A1 replacing the L2A2. The British model has minor changes from original HG85.

In that case, it would have to be remodelled, since the fuze is noticibly different from that of the M67. Now an L2A2 on the other hand, would be a simple retexture of the M61.

yeah, sorry kyle - when i said it was similiar to an M67, i was refering to it in the same way you did - a round grenade is a round grenade...

Is that normal that other infantry can't take the grenades out of the ammo crate? I was RHS Spetsnaz dude and walked to these grenades ammo crate, but couldn't take any of the grenades. Whats going on? OFP limitation? Done on purpose? Osama Ben Laden?

Yes thats normal the units config must have a line to make them use the new grenades i think.

Check the readme i guess theres some info on it.

I absolutely love this grenade pack. At first I didn't bother with downloading these because I thought the original ones were sufficent. Gladly, I was bored today and decided to download them.

They simply rock. Awesome work

To .COMmunist

you have to add

[this,0] exec "\BD_GrenadePack\AddNewUnit.sqs"

to the INIT-line of every soldier you want to be able to use these grenades. You could have checked the readme btw.

I can't believe it! People are not only reading the readme, but saving me the hassle of having to repeat it for others who didn't. *Tears of joy* You've made me the happiest addon maker in the world!  biggrin_o.gif  Thanks for helping out.

And I'm glad you like them, you're like the ideal fan, I should be thanking you! wink_o.gif

Just used and tested the pack to my soldier pack. Have to say really very awesome and realistic! Now you have to crawl to the ground or find someplace to hide after throwing a grenade since those scraps just flying closely and may hit you too!

The AI does not seem to use these grenades.

I downloaded 3.3, and placed a bunch of "BKS Grenade pack" East and West groups on Desert Island...Lots of shooting...no grenades thrown.

Tried it over and over...and no grenades thrown by AI.

So, I put a West soldier near a BUNCH of East units who are set to "careless" so they would not shoot back.

The West soldier keeps shooting East units with his rifle till he runs out of ammo...but never throws a grenade.

I also tried with the init line as described in the readme...no luck.

Am I missing something?

The AI will only use the grenades (and any hand grenade for that matter) at a certain range. If they have plenty of rifle and sidearm ammo they might not use them either. If they are too close, they won't use them, nor will they if they're out of range. Try having them move around so they can get within proper range. They DO use them, trust me, even in the middle of firefights. The AI just have weapon preference (which is dependent on range). If all else fails, and you still don't believe me, just remove all rifle and pistol ammo, get them to move around, and they'll definatly use them. Also, the AI use these grenades just as much as they would BIS grenades (which they also don't often use), so if anyone's to blame, it's BIS and the AI.

The AI will only use the grenades (and any hand grenade for that matter) at a certain range. If they have plenty of rifle and sidearm ammo they might not use them either. If they are too close, they won't use them, nor will they if they're out of range. Try having them move around so they can get within proper range. They DO use them, trust me, even in the middle of firefights. The AI just have weapon preference (which is dependent on range). If all else fails, and you still don't believe me, just remove all rifle and pistol ammo, get them to move around, and they'll definatly use them. Also, the AI use these grenades just as much as they would BIS grenades (which they also don't often use), so if anyone's to blame, it's BIS and the AI.

Still not working for me. sad_o.gif

I tried it again...Same scenario, but with BIS units...they throw grenades all over the palce.

The grenade pack units do not throw a single grenade in the same scenario...even if they run out of rifle ammo, and still have live enemy targets to kill.

Is the ammo cost greater for your grenades maybe?

Well I must say that is odd. I've never had any problems with the AI using the grenades. Are you running any other mods that might have messed with the config.bin? You're sure they have grenades in their inventory too, right? The only thing I can think of is conflict with another addon or mod. The ammo cost is not any higher than the BIS grenades, and all of the grenades are based off the BI ones with only changes in hit damage, sounds, and models, and nothing more. I've tested these grenades extensively on all different units and different weapons, and the AI has always used them for me, often very effectively. So check what other addons you're running, I've got my money on an addon conflict.

Well I must say that is odd. I've never had any problems with the AI using the grenades. Are you running any other mods that might have messed with the config.bin? You're sure they have grenades in their inventory too, right? The only thing I can think of is conflict with another addon or mod. The ammo cost is not any higher than the BIS grenades, and all of the grenades are based off the BI ones with only changes in hit damage, sounds, and models, and nothing more. I've tested these grenades extensively on all different units and different weapons, and the AI has always used them for me, often very effectively. So check what other addons you're running, I've got my money on an addon conflict.

Okay...I played around with them a bit, and got the AI to throw the grenades at vehicles.

Still havent seen them throw any at people, though...

I will keep trying. (I really do LOVE these grenades, or else I would have just deleted them when I couldnt get them to work originally).

The way I got my AI units to throw the grenades was to increase the damage of the individual grenades to at least 15...(BIS grenades do 20 damage)

I am sure you are probably right about something in my OFP interfering with your grenades...I pretty much tweak most of the addons I download in some way or another, to make them perform the way I prefer them (I never play MP).

I will continue to experiment, and let you know what I figure out....EXCELLENT addon...by the way!!!

I re-installed...and now THEY WORK!!!

EXCELLENT job on these grenades.

I have a question: How can I add the explosion/fragmentation effects to a grenade launcher?...and how can I make the grenades explode on impact?

Writing a script for the grenade launchers right now would be a bit of a hassle, but you have enough scripting knowledge yourself I'd reccomend using a loop to find the position of the grenade as it travels through the air, and the last recorded position would be (at leasy relatively close to) the position where it detinated. With the position you can createvehicle (if it's going to be MP friendly make sure to use createvehicle and only when it's local) to create one of the following objects:

"BD_FragExp"

"BD_FragExpConc"

"BD_AirExp"

FragExp is used on all of the frag grenades, FragExpConc is a "concussion" grenade explosion; that is it's the same thing as FragExp only with no fragments, but slightly more shrapnel (frags have both fragments and shrapnel, concs only have shrapnel), though the shrapnel is a lot less dangerous than the fragments. And AirExp is, as it says, an airbursting grenade (only smoke, no dust and debris, but still shrapnel), and is also used when the grenades detinate indoors.

For your second question, well, except for the RGO and RGN grenades, you can't make any of them detinate on impact. The RGOs and RGNs well detinate on impact only if they've had sufficient time to arm prior to an impact (you may notice that they sometimes detinate on impact after bouncing once, having had the time to arm and enough force to detinate on the second impact), otherwise they detinate from a timed fuze. You can't get the others to do this, but nor should you because none of the others have this type of fuze IRL. Remember, I made these grenades as realistic as possible, so you can't already do something with them in OFP that you couldn't in real life.

Glad that you got them to finally work btw. wink_o.gif

For your second question, well, except for the RGO and RGN grenades, you can't make any of them detinate on impact. The RGOs and RGNs well detinate on impact only if they've had sufficient time to arm prior to an impact (you may notice that they sometimes detinate on impact after bouncing once, having had the time to arm and enough force to detinate on the second impact), otherwise they detinate from a timed fuze. You can't get the others to do this, but nor should you because none of the others have this type of fuze IRL. Remember, I made these grenades as realistic as possible, so you can't already do something with them in OFP that you couldn't in real life.

Actually...I dont want to make YOUR grenades explode on impact...I wanted to figure out how to make a new type of grenadelauncher ammo that uses a modified version of your scripting.

Before I posted the question, I had been playing around with the scripts for the RGO grenades, (adapting them to a grenade launcher).

I DID get the grenade launcher to use the scripts, but it still behaved like a hand grenade (bouncing, airbursting, etc)

That is why I asked how to make them detonate on impact.