Sign in to follow this  
Thomas Ryan

Sound problems

Ok, so what my problem is, is that even after searching these forums and found no method that worked, I have decided to post my exact problem here.

When I play OFP and I run down a lot of trees or something of that sort in a tank, the sound eventually goes staticy and I can't hear anything. Thus, I have to turn down my volume which causes problems with TS.

Also, when a tank or AA APC such as the Vulcan or Shilka fire, the sound drowns out and goes into "Matrix-Style" slowness. It also happens with the Mi24's cannon fire.

So please, if you have any ideas, or when searching I didn't find a topic about this same problem, tell me and/or link me there. Thanks. help.gif

Sound card: SB Live! Wave Device

I hate to say this, but a search for sounblaster live must bring up a few things normaly.

You can use every Creative Labs soundcard without problems in OFP, except soundblaster live. This cards are known to have serious problems, not only with OFP.

Go into your sound/audio device sttings by right clicking the volume icon in the taskbar. Select adjust audio properties, then select hardware. Put hardware down to none.

I had a problem with ofp and my onboard sound and this solved it.

There may be a "special" driver out there, but as the search engine is sometimes not very helpfull....

I`d say the most easy thing would be to invest a few bucks in an sounblaster audigy2 or newer soundcard.

You do start OFP with the -nomap parameter?

Not that it must help in this case to use -nomap, it should be allways used.

Yes, I do.

@smokebloke:

Thanks so much, mate. You're solution fixed it! notworthy.gif

Searching for soundblaster as Mr_Tea suggested would have found the solution many times over I think, did you choose from "the beginning" in the search terms?

Yes, I do.

@smokebloke:

Thanks so much, mate. You're solution fixed it! notworthy.gif

Be aware that for other games you should ramp the hardware back up.

Hm, I think I did, Placebo. huh.gif Sorry if I didn't, you can feel free to do whatever you want to this topic if one like this already exists.

@wheres my rabbit?

Thanks mate, I'll try that out and see if it works.

Edit: No, it doesn't. It came up with an error and after reading the readme it means that the propper sound card isn't installed or the driver doesn't support "turbo mode". sad_o.gif

hmm the fix itself doesn't actually do much it just disables turbo mode in the registry

you can do it manually search google for soundblaster live turbo mode fix and try and find out the registry entry to change or check if it even there

uum HEEEELP!! i suddenly lost half of OFp sound.... Reload , explosions , engine sounds including helos , shooting on most weapons... i dont know why  it happened.. i tried to check it with and without a mod ( ECP this time ) and some other sounds... HEElp somehow.. . RealTek AC97 - updated yesterday with correct drivers and still no sound today! help.gifhelp.gifsad_o.gif

no way amigo.. im using this card 2 years and it was all fine this time until now sad_o.gif or what do you mean? im 14 only :P

:EDIT: i found out that sound.pbo in Res folder was crapped off :? eeh... my OFP discs are dead ^_^ no OFp anymore sad_o.gif

@ Nov. 10 2006,16:30)]:EDIT: i found out that sound.pbo in Res folder was crapped off :? eeh... my OFP discs are dead ^_^ no OFp anymore sad_o.gif

Wow you've totaly lost me their fella crazy_o.gif What does sound pbo crapped off mean? Also "my OFP discs are dead ^_^ no OFp anymore sad_o.gif" How could a cd disk "die"? crazy_o.gif Any chance you could go into a little bit more detail? Perhaps then people might be able to help you!

eeh.. how to say.. uhm.. my friend gave his sound.pbo and found out that sound.pbo was the problem.. it was corrupted somehow crazy_o.gif but hey... my OFp disks we're eaten by my dog -_-* now how tha hell gonna reinstall OFp since i got problems with my Data.pbo crazy_o.gif now i deleted it ... OFp of course

I've had this problem for months and it is tough when it comes to MP too. When specific projectiles are fired (Shilka turret, mini-gun on Blackhawk, RPG in WGL...etc..) all sound goes slo-mo and sounds groggy (M16 sounds like a canon and such). Not only is my OFP/VBS1 effected, but eveyones voices on TS/Vent

too. This doesn't happen on any other game.

My sound card is integrated (until I get an entirely new computer soon)

Card: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio

I've had this problem for months and it is tough when it comes to MP too. When specific projectiles are fired (Shilka turret, mini-gun on Blackhawk)

Very often reported issue, simply searching this forum for shilka from the beginning will find numerous threads, only solution is to reduce/disable hardware acceleration or buy a more compatible sound card.