Sign in to follow this  
IronPyramid

Question.

Since I'm hardly willing to wait for ArmA to recieve a publisher for the states, and probably be delayed. I was wondering if there is anyway of ordering it from one of the individual countries that will have it out next month.

Thanks!

Why not? People order things from other countries all the time.

Does anyone have any official word on the languages of the localised versions ie does the czech version have the option to switch to english somewhere along the line? The UK version isnt out until next year so unless there is a download version before that my only option will be to import...and unfortunately my Czech and German isnt so hot smile_o.gif.

Does anyone have any official word on the languages of the localised versions ie does the czech version have the option to switch to english somewhere along the line?

I think it was stated somewhere in the release date thread that the Czech version does not feature english.

Guest Ti0n3r

The CZ version has English speech with subtitles in Czech.

Jiri Jakubec, IDEA Games

Quote[/b] ]Hello,

Czech version will have English voices, but all texts will be in Czech.

Best Regards,

Jiri Jakubec

IDEA Games

What about the German version published by morphicon?

Will that version contain German AND English texts? or only German? huh.gif

The CZ version has English speech with subtitles in Czech.

Jiri Jakubec, IDEA Games

Quote[/b] ]Hello,

Czech version will have English voices, but all texts will be in Czech.

Best Regards,

Jiri Jakubec

IDEA Games

I got the same mail. Which leads me to think that I'll be able to play the czech version. I'll figure out the textings with practise and a little help from the czech gamers I hope smile_o.gif Maybe some1 will mod it to english, would that be possible?

But I do find it strange that they dont publish it with optional english text, as it's obviously available.

i expect localised publishers are contractually bound to distribute in localised languages only, to stop one cutting into anouther's profits purely by release date.

i mean, if it came in english on 09/11/06, not many would buy elsewhere.

all speculation though, just a guess.

Looks like ill have to buy a czech dictionary smile_o.gif. Most of us have the OFP stringtable as a reference so aslong as they dont change the way they handle text too much it should be moddable. After all BIS is boasting that ArmA will be more moddable than OFP.

One problem though...does anyone know any czech game distributors that ship to the UK, AND have a website that is available in english? I had a look at a czech one..it was confusing sad_o.gif.

One problem though...does anyone know any czech game distributors that ship to the UK, AND have a website that is available in english? I had a look at a czech one..it was confusing sad_o.gif.

I've looked at 6 different czech sites that sell Armed Assault. None in english as far as I could see. Tricky..

I attempted to pre-order the German version from Amazon, and was dismayed to find that they did not send packages to the place I live.

i really hope the online purchase option is sorted at the very least ... a good game shouldn't breed bad feelings through non-customer friendly methods of distribution - the damage done to a company can be far greater than short term loss of profits.

Boy this topic derailed quick. I know people order things from other countries all the time. I, myself haven't. How does the whole money thing work? Do I just use my credit card on a German site and thats it? Just worry about the extra few bucks of shipping?

Uhm, yeah, you summed it up quite nicely. Only thing you forgot is waiting for you package to cross the ocean. This usually takes much longer than you want it to smile_o.gif

True, I forgot the one thing I ordered across seas was VBS1 which took a little while, obviously. But that didn't give me experience with the money ordeal. The guys at Australia gave me a choice of EUR, USD or AUD. Being from the US, I chose USD of course. In this case, I just hope a German or Czech (or any country that obtains ArmA) distributor supports my USDs the same way.

It makes no difference what currency you choose. A German shop will get your money in Euro's. Conversion between currencies is probably handled by your creditcard company, or the bank that's in between. Your bank account will show the payment in US$ (assuming you are from the US, of course).

Most webshops have the option of showing their prices in different currencies only to make it easier to compare prices.

yepp all above is true!! smile_o.gif

can anyone can come up with a czech site that we can get ArmA from??? thats in english( or translates into english)??? banghead.gif

edit:- ;just found a plugin for firefox that converts websites languages into english!! yay!

trouble is cant find czech site that is selling ArmA!!!