Sign in to follow this  
XCess

North Korean Nuclear Tests

Lastly, provoking the DPRK is quite a bad idea.  You won't get cooperation this way.   crazy_o.gif

Provoking without any credibility is a bad idea to be precise.

Provoking without credability is fine, it's if they take it seriously we have to worry.

Quote[/b] ]IMHO you can condemn this all you want, the only way to fight it fairly is to give incentives for abandoning such a project. Such as signing various agreements not to attack such a nation , sending food and conventional weapons or money...providing a nuclear reactor, and so forth.

I think the point of alot of this is that this has been done with no response what-so-ever.

In response to others about NK dealing only with SK:

I don't think NK wants that. They prefer the US in SK and I highly doubt they really want to reintegrate SK into one nation under compromise. I think they want it all and want it their way only which I have to agree - would be like Germany invading Poland during WWII.

http://dprkstudies.org/2006....rstroke

I don't think what has been done is enough. It's like the mafia, you have to pay through your teeth, and they become your boss in away. If you are fed up, you'd better be ready for a big war, and you'd better finish what you start. whistle.gif

At the same time, sanctions, likely to do what I said before. It's like punching a concrete wall... skip it.

Quote[/b] ]IMHO you can condemn this all you want, the only way to fight it fairly is to give incentives for abandoning such a project.  Such as signing various agreements not to attack such a nation , sending food and conventional weapons or money...providing a nuclear reactor, and so forth.

I think the point of alot of this is that this has been done with no response what-so-ever.

In response to others about NK dealing only with SK:

I don't think NK wants that. They prefer the US in SK and I highly doubt they really want to reintegrate SK into one nation under compromise. I think they want it all and want it their way only which I have to agree - would be like Germany invading Poland during WWII.

http://dprkstudies.org/2006....rstroke

As far as I know the North and South do talk directly already.

They have done for decades.

To amend your Germany comparison, I think it would be more like East Germany invading West than Germany invading Poland.

I think the North wants to integrate the South militarily and the South wants to integrate the North economically.

What I expect to see is something along the lines of Hong Kong when it has handed over to the Chinese. The "lease" had expired and it was agreed that Hong Kong would retain it's democratic government under self rule.

The hand over ceremony was accompanied by Chinese paratroopers "taking the city". Not that there was ever going to be a fight since the British knew for about 20-50 years they couldn't hold it.

The democracy bit was just lip service. The city however remains a very wealthy centre of international commerce, and daily life is presumably much the same. The economy was too successful for the Chinese to want to meddle with it very much. The local beaurocracy worked well and was easily incorporated.

So I predict that when the north and the south finally re-unite, the north will sell it to it's people as a military victory, and march their troops over the border and south an economic one and set up factories in the north to capitalise on the cheap labour. Life for the average Korean will remain mostly unchanged.