Sign in to follow this  
Gökhan - OFP TURKISH UNION

Otokar Cobra Series

Cheers!

After a long break, Turkish Union is back with another tough, distinctive military replica, Otokar Cobra 4x4 Light Armored Vehicle Series.

As you might remember from our website, we've been working on this project for a long time and planned releasing an exclusive video before launching Cobra series. The video is now available! It’s a 1 minute long trailer showcasing very talents of Cobra with real shots in the main. Video footage is from the manufacturer of Cobra, Otokar. Editing belongs to us. You can download the video from video section of our website right now. High and low quality versions available. We’re gonna replace the links with community mirrors for better bandwidth experience soon.

Visit www.turkishunion.com

Images

Otokar_Cobra_sc01.jpg

Otokar_Cobra_sc02.jpg

Let me give you some info about this deadly snake; smile_o.gif

"Cobra has been developed by Turkish manufacturer Otokar's research & development team to provide the best solution for the need of the armed forced for wheeled armored vehicles. Cobra attracts interest with its superior maneuvering capability and its high level of ballistic protection as well as its feature of adjustability of the same platform for diverse functions. It provides great facilities in maintenance and service as it is designed on the same framework and infrastructure and it can be manufactured in many models and types. The fact that the infrastructure remains the same even in diverse Cobras manufactured for different realms, which, in turn, saves from maintenance and repair works and spare parts, makes Cobra an armored vehicle preferred by many armies." For more info, visit Otokar Website, Cobra Section

Features of the Addon

3 different types;

1) 12.7 mm, in green-brown camo scheme

2) 12.7 mm, in plain khaki color

3) Command & Control Version, in plain khaki color

-12.7 mm MG, against both ground and air targets

-Mind-boggling survivability against explosions (doesn’t explode when exposed to 1 RPG rocket because it’s designed against such threads.)

-Animated radar antenna (precise start&stop mechanism)

-Animated back door

-Working full gauge

-Working GPS computer inside (on C&C version)

-Nice illumination for gauges (and for computers on C&C version)

-14 high quality custom audio

-Accurate replica values (handling, armor etc)

While listening to your very valuable feedback on Cobra project, we will be finalizing the series and the mission pack upcoming along with. Hope we release it next week or a few days later and hope you like it! smile_o.gif

Gökhan

Turkish Union Mod

www.turkishunion.com

Sweet work Gökhan! You guys always deliver some fine work thumbs-up.gif

What about a tank? That would make my Turkish mod folder complete smile_o.gif

Looks great, and the features sounds great.

Keep it up, it's rare to see such high-quality addons today

JW

smile_o.gif

Harika gozukuyor!

It looks really good! Just a question: Do you guys have the radar on the monitors working?

Abs

Sweet work Gökhan! You guys always deliver some fine work  thumbs-up.gif

What about a tank? That would make my Turkish mod folder complete  smile_o.gif

Thanks guys. smile_o.gif We planned to release our big projects for ArmA indeed. We may also release some simple works for Ofp before ArmA released yet I can't promise. smile_o.gif

Harika gozukuyor!

It looks really good! Just a question: Do you guys have the radar on the monitors working?

Abs

Thanks man! smile_o.gif The computer at the right side is a working GPS showing your position on the official maps. However it's not a radar. It's script is from DKM Mod.

Gökhan

Turkish Union Mod

www.turkishunion.com

biggrin_o.gif Nice looking vehicle!

Can't wait to give it a try.

Man, the Turkish mod always takes me by surprise, much like Operation Frenchpoint. Just quality releases and plenty of information, not much banter about release dates. This is how things should be done. This rocks.

Thanks for your work, looking forward to taking this vehicle into the field.

One of my favorate mods for OFP, can't wait for some progress.

The Cobra is awsome, how about some Turkish commandos and Spec-ops?

Good job! xmas_o.gif

Thanks!

Gökhan didn't want to promote himself but I will say; sountrack of the video belongs to Gökhan notworthy.gif The name of the track is "Together But Apart". He composed it from scratch. If you wish to download we can also put it on our website wink_o.gif

Wow, you crazy Turkish onion guys are doing some great work, easily among the best in the whole OFP community. And I'm really pleased to hear it will be available for Armed Assault too, so straight away we can have some quality 3rd party addons right off the bat.

Great stuff, and thanks very much smile_o.gif

Wow, you crazy Turkish onion guys are doing some great work, easily among the best in the whole OFP community. And I'm really pleased to hear it will be available for Armed Assault too, so straight away we can have some quality 3rd party addons right off the bat.

Great stuff, and thanks very much smile_o.gif

Thanks DMarkwick! smile_o.gif

We always enjoy high quality like you. High quality on everything... Of course this means we don't make rapid production yet you can think of this way; it's like saving your money for months to purchase a single expensive apparel instead of buying a bunch of cheap t-shirts immediately.  tounge2.gif

Incidentally, mission pack coming with this addon will contain many multi and single missions - not just one or two demo missions. It's obvious that the community needs missions to play with addons. It will be a big mission bag that you can enjoy our mod with...

(Hey nobody liked my trance tune? huh.gif)

Stay Tuned!

Gökhan

Turkish Union Mod

www.turkishunion.com

Hi everyone;

I think, you should visit to this web site for Otokar Cobra http://www.otokar.com/en/products/product_detail.aspx?urun=44

There are a lot of pictures for Turkish Armed Forces, in here.

http://www.milint.com (TR)

http://www.defencetalk.com/pictures/showgallery.php/cat/73 (ENG)

My english not good, sorry smile_o.gif

Also our newly purchased Leo2A4 can be counted amongst our MBT arsenal. There are many things to be considered as addons in Turkish Army actualy, Rocket artilleries of several types, howitzers and self propelled artilleries, other types of light armored vehicles and in a few days, our new attack chopper, etc... etc... We hope that with the appearance of ArmA so the apperances of new units will flourish.

For specops we have many types, with different mission definations and methods of operation. As an example, visit here: www.dzkom.net This is a general info site about our SAT teams. This group works associated with navy and operates in land-sea-air all types of missions, kinda like US Navy Seals.

AHMET - OFP TURKISH UNION @ Oct. 11 2006,21:30)]Hi everyone;

I think, you should visit to this web site for Otokar Cobra http://www.otokar.com/en/products/product_detail.aspx?urun=44

There are a lot of pictures for Turkish Armed Forces, in here.

http://www.milint.com (TR)

http://www.defencetalk.com/pictures/showgallery.php/cat/73 (ENG)

My english not good, sorry smile_o.gif

These are nice sources, but i think this one is the best wink_o.gif .

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34507

nice looking add on!

from the looks of those turkish troops, they're planning on flashlighting the bad guys to death! wink_o.gif

I've always been curious, but never really knew anyone to ask.

How do the Turkish people feel about the Greek people?

Not to start a flame war or anything, i'm just curious of the general opinion.

Hope i'm getting the countries right or else i'll feel like a complete arse.

I had a Greek boss named Dino, i always wanted to ask him about his country, and if he ever served in the military, but never got around to it. Dino wasn't too keen on my doing anything besides working while i was there...

Hope you don't mind me asking, i'm not trying to hijack the thread or anything smile_o.gif

Cheers again,

Finally we finished the project with 3 multiplayer missions. Some of our members were still betatesting the missions yesterday. Hope we release the project in a few days. smile_o.gif

Stay Tuned,

Gökhan

Turkish Union Mod

www.turkishunion.com

Cool as ever.