Sign in to follow this  
AfrographX

Medieval 2 Total War Demo

The Demo has been released in the Subscribers only November Issue of the US Version of PC Gamer.

So get the magazine or download it with this torrent (you'll need a bittorrent program):

http://torrentspy.com/torrent/876825/Medieval_2_Total_War_Demo_SE_exe

This is no fake!!

I downloaded it and played all included missions. Rocks!

You get a tutorial mission and two historical battles (Battle of Agincourt and Pavia).

Here's a thread about it on the twcenter.net forums:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64206

Excellent but it only has 2 big battles with units I cant handle, oh well. yay.gif

And oh, I should also mention that Medieval 2 requires a SSE2 capable processor, meaning that owners of Athlon XP CPUs will not be able to play this.

Full list of SSE2 capable processors can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE2#CPUs_supporting_SSE2

bah this sucks monkey balls. I know Athlon XP is not the hottest thing on the market anymore but there's still a lot of people using them. Bah. Another game down the toilet.

aaarhg and i was looking forward to this game like no other except ArmA crazy_o.gif

Darn programmers mad_o.gif

AMD 64 here biggrin_o.gif , cant wait for this game, i loved MTW1 so much. i hope this implements the best of that with the best of RTW , GET RID OF DAM SQUALOR!!!! biggrin_o.gif

Excellent but it only has 2 big battles with units I cant handle, oh well. yay.gif

And oh, I should also mention that Medieval 2 requires a SSE2 capable processor, meaning that owners of Athlon XP CPUs will not be able to play this.

Full list of SSE2 capable processors can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE2#CPUs_supporting_SSE2

banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Damnit I have a AMD 3000+ XP processor fuckkkk... I really was looking forward to this.

Well I guess It's time for a christmas upgrade!!

wow thank god for my 64 X2 .. i went into depbt when upgrading for ArmA too lol lucky it was all worth it for every game

Sorry guys, But i believe torrenting of the demo at this time is currently illegal (source - Total War Centre), as SEGA/Creative Assembley have not YET released the demo onto the internet, and thus they've made a deal with PC Gamer to have exclusive distrubution

Source

Quote[/b] ]Please understand that while we are all awaiting the Demo we must not resort to illegal torrents. The CA have a deal with PC gamer and thus they will be the first to distribute the demo

Anyway, sounds awesome guys!

I can never get torrents to work. Am I doing something wrong? They always seem to download at pathetically slow rates (2 kb/sec...3 days for download). Is there something I need to do...?

Quote[/b] ]its ok, im a bit dissapointed that theree more "watch" battles. you win them by not really doing anything.

I don't know on what difficulty you played, but the first map is quite difficult as you need to sneak past the enemy to take out the big guns. Or else your army gets destroyed.

And Agincort, well you can win by really not doing anything, but is hard because you get attacked from the back also. And towards the end, your front lines always fall. Only at that point, the enemy is too weak to do anything.

About the torrent, I used azureus. It worked really fast.

Well Its probably illegal, but now that its online, its hard to control the urge to download. I mean the game is great, I play it almost with everything on max and I get no lag. This is one game I'll buy.

But historical battles in total war games are always scripted. To make them accurate.

Just looking at some other gaming forums and found this link:

http://p223.ezboard.com/fshogun....3.topic

• SSE2 is only required for the demo, the release version of the game will only require SSE.

• Most of the issues with the Athlon XP processor were fixed for the release version of the game, the single player game works fine but there are a few residual issues with multiplayer and as such we can’t officially support it.

This demo keeps crashing my entire system after about 2 minutes of play. I'm playing and poof! Some artifacts on the cursor, then the screen is black.

Damn medieval II and online english version of armed assault is coming at the same time thumbs-up.gif

Nice gfx, a few improovements system wise..

cant say I am was "OMG amazing!"

But no doubt I will buy it as I love the genre'

Nice sfx also, i just love the sound when musketeers are firing.

Battles in Demo are quite harder than Rome it seems? I was taken by complete suprise in the Agincourt battle when 2 units of heavy cav attack me in the rear. crazy_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Battles in Demo are quite harder than Rome it seems? I was taken by complete suprise in the Agincourt battle when 2 units of heavy cav attack me in the rear.  crazy_o.gif  smile_o.gif

Yeah, they pretty much annihilated me the first time and i havent been able to keep enough men to alive to take out the remainders when the attacks are over. sad_o.gif

Though I do suspect the flanking is scripted for that specific battle instead of AI figuring it out by itself.

Yeah, they pretty much annihilated me the first time and i havent been able to keep enough men to alive to take out the remainders when the attacks are over. sad_o.gif

Though I do suspect the flanking is scripted for that specific battle instead of AI figuring it out by itself.

No doubt you will find out in due course.

I dont see why they could'nt of made the AI better smile_o.gif