Sign in to follow this  
OFPCAT

SQUAD ORGANIZATION

Just wonder who could help for the squad organization of US 101st troops, 3rd mechanized infantry and 10th mountain division? I've made new troops based on code blue's US soldier models but need such true information for US squad's weapon and soldier organization. The squads should be based on level of platoon. The battle of platoons will best suit for Missions of OFP.

Hi,

For the structure of U.S. infantry at squad and platoon level, one can use the field manual sections linked below:

Mechanised infantry (Bradley)

http://www.globalsecurity.org/militar....ch1.htm

Mechanised infantry (M113)

http://www.globalsecurity.org/militar....Ch2.htm

Motorised infantry (Stryker)

http://www.globalsecurity.org/militar....ap1.htm

Infantry (Leather Personnel Carrier)

http://www.globalsecurity.org/militar....ppa.htm

Regards,

Sander

Many thanks, Sander. So many people here, just you could give me such a hand. So really obliged to you... smile_o.gif

I would talk to actual military personnel for more info. olemissrebel is one. Miles Teg being another. Sometimes they throw in MG or AT teams from the weapons squad to a rifle squad from the info I got. I would also study the bigger picture and see how things work in at least the platoon or company level. Keep in mind that not everything is set in stone. Things do tend to vary, adjusting from situation to situation. Good luck on your research.

What? Is Olemissrebel from the army?? Oh,God, he should say something for help... I still haven't got the organization info. for 101st Airborne so have to use infantry squads for it currently. In addition, I refer to the chart and found there are toally around 12 people for a Bradley IFV squad. But it seems A2M3 Bradley IFV could only take around seven people. And how about the other soldiers? Will they sit on top of the vehicle or go by walk?

I'm not sure entirely about mechanized infantry, as i am a light infantryman, roughly, that's what it looks like, in the 101st. The 4th platoon in a company, and the 4th squad in a platoon is usually the weapons platoon, squad, et cetera. The platoon leader/sergeant divides it up, and places the individual weapons and their crews where they can do the most damage to the enemy. IE, 240s are generally set on the flanks when the platoon is on line. If you need any SPECIFICS, just PM me, as I might forget to check this thread

What? Is  Olemissrebel from the army?? Oh,God, he should say something for help... I still haven't got the organization info. for 101st Airborne so have to use infantry squads for it currently.  In addition, I refer to the chart and found there are toally around 12 people for a Bradley IFV squad. But it seems A2M3 Bradley IFV could only take around seven people. And how about the other soldiers? Will they sit on top of the vehicle or go by walk?

I believe that the driver, gunner and commander are all included in a bradley IFV squad.

In my book on Soviet organization it included the BMP gunner, driver and commander as squad members.

So that takes you up to 10. I do not think that they would have anyone sit on top because that would kind of defy the point. In the demonstration I saw at Fort Knox everyone was on the inside.

AFAIK they dont. At least i saw it in an article(=Field Manual) on globalsecurity. 3 Squads are manning 2 Bradley section with 2 Bradleys each (=4 Bradleys). But following olemissrebel this is not always true.

Oh,now it's clear for mechanized infantry squads, thanks, Dave biggrin_o.gif The game will become more real in my missions...