Sign in to follow this  
Chunder

All the Animations YOU want

What the thread says.

Funny Anims, Anything You think BIS might shove in at the last moment.

Please don't get too carried away smile_o.gif

Animations are rather complex and sophisticated to capture and build into the engine, so I think this thread makes very little sense keeping in mind that release is ahead and BIs will most likely use the time to finetune the embedded anims and bugfix transitions and flaws that have been pointed out by feedback of WIP versions.

- Definitely much better anims from the hands on the steering wheel.

- a "grab something" animation, while standing, crouched or laying down.

- A parachute anim, hit the ground and roll.

btw, will there be rappel in Arma with an animated rope?

i think running animation is a bit... hmm, frog like, yes, they run like frog is running, not jumping but running from leaf to leaf. it was more natural for me in of

It's based on what people think specifically not debating on the merits of the thread or inclusion into anything. Heck for we know they might think 'hey it sounds cool' and include it later on, or someone else will pick it up and try it. It's based on havin fun and fun only!

Some sort of Comedy stuff would be pretty cool. I Remember the Beavis and Butthead CTF theme it was so hilarious I couldn't play because I was in stitches.

reload anim, the old ones were crap. different anims for different weapons, not likw trying to put a magazine in to a bolt action rifle and stuff like that. if they would actually drop a knee and reach to their webbing for a new clip.

Definitely better grabbing anims for guns. I just totally hate the clipping. Doesn't look good so far... but I trust BIS, they will hopefully fix them. huh.gif

Well from videos I've seen so far, weapon models are not animated...

I'd like to see for example: bullets feeding into machineguns while firing, slides moving back on pistols, and charging handles/levers on certain rifles cycle while firing.

I'm not too concerned about this though since I guess it can be modded in, though rather crudely like in flashpoint.

Guest Ti0n3r

I hope for a better sprint animation, a run animation*, animated weapons & the destruction of the evil weapon clipping glitch.

* right now there's only one for sprinting and one for walking >_<

reload anim, the old ones were crap. different anims for different weapons, not likw trying to put a magazine in to a bolt action rifle and stuff like that. if they would actually drop a knee and reach to their webbing for a new clip.

In OFP you could define the reload animation for each weapon, so if you bothered to config more reload animations each weapon could have it's own, in theory. Still no animated weapon parts though (aside from the zasleh trick).

Animations are always lower priority for me, as compared to gameplay features and the like. Especially in the current phase of development.

Thinking of an animation (or lack thereoff) that might need improvment, moving around while manning a static or Jeep-mounted maschine gun would be near the top of my wishlist. The rotation always looked awkward, together with the clipping problems that came along with it...

yeah at least have the guy move his legs when rotating the gun

True. I'd like to see:

Better disembarking anims (especially for helicopters).

Better reloading anim (a la olemissrebel's suggestion - if they can have the soldier reaching for his webbing in the hand grenade anim, surely they can do it for a magazine).

Pick-up anim (rather than the "Force-like" situation now where the weapon magically appears in the soldier's hands).

Better sprint anim (less ganglo style, maybe leaning forward a bit more).

Better crawling anim (the one at the moment looks like something the Energizer bunny would be doing).

Better crouched-advancing anim (you would need really, really, really, really, really strong thighs to keep that up for more than 30 seconds. In the battlefield? Nuh-uh.).

- Note. Someone should stick in the FAQ that Placebo said yesterday that the latest build of ArmedAssault has the trigger finger moving when firing. biggrin_o.gif

I think the crouch walk is fine because most FPS's nowadays have a crouch walk animation. Although the one they have now is weird looking at least we have crouch walking.

Dance move's would be funny like disco, head banging and ballet yay.gif

Oh no, BF2 and CS:S dudes are invading us... please folks, stop mentioning words "simplified" in community wink_o.gif

nener.gif

The "Ass Scratch" and that jerk off motion in the air you make with your hand.

Dance move's would be funny like disco, head banging and ballet yay.gif

Oh no, BF2 and CS:S dudes are invading us...  please folks, stop mentioning words "simplified" in community wink_o.gif

nener.gif

In fact i'v only ever played a demo of BF2 and never played CS:S, so i'm not one of them "dudes"

Ok my suggestion was a bit silly, but i wanted to join in the great comunity on these here forums which i have been reading for a long time.

i also think i would be able to make better Intro's if there were a few non military Animations, to set the Action in motion.

And a good intro makes missions more understandable and fun to play. smile_o.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

How About a Swaying Afro!!!! On a Civilians Head

trip up anim smile_o.gif then fall anim smile_o.gif

I also would like to have hand signals but they are already confirmed that will not be in ARMA.