Sign in to follow this  
aussie dave

StarForce

ArmedAssault.pl

Quote[/b] ]After clicking ArmA.exe I was asked to type my StarForce Code (yep, unfortunately StarForce, I can only hope that the final version won't have this protection), so I typed the code and registrated it.

I hope this game doesn't have this protection, as alot of people won't buy games with StarForce huh.gif

From the ArmA FAQ sticky

Which copyprotection will arma use?

They protected the E3 pressdemo with Starforce and 3 keys. Might be a bit of overkill on BIS' part to prevent the demo from leaking to the broader public.

Quote[/b] ]

Discussing copy protections contravenes forum rules. Discussing it any further may result in people being banned.

Publishers decide copy protection for retail products, so the whole point is moot.

And, to quote Placebo again,

Search before posting please, it's a forum rule specifically designed to reduce the risks of RSI smile_o.gif

§1)Search before posting

If you have a question, please use the board search function before posting to make sure that it hasn't been answered before. There is a big chance it has, not only does searching help to keep the board free of multiple threads it will also help you to get an answer much quicker.

(granted, Placebo did delete yesterday's thread on starforce)

It's funny how quickly a new StarForce thread popped up. Is it really such a big issue?

The whole StarForce-issue is a fine example of over-exaggeration. Yes, it's a shitty piece of software but the majority of the PC community think it'll blow their machine up. AFAIK, it might slow your PC down, might come in conflict with your virus program and might come in conflict with your CD/DVD. Again, it's shit, but it's not a reason not to buy the game.

The only reason the GC Demo has starforced on it, is so someone could not leak it to the public. End of argument.

I wonder when Placebo will get a mental breakdown. Can't be long, I'm afraid... icon_rolleyes.gif

The whole StarForce-issue is a fine example of over-exaggeration. Yes, it's a shitty piece of software but the majority of the PC community think it'll blow their machine up. AFAIK, it might slow your PC down, might come in conflict with your virus program and might come in conflict with your CD/DVD. Again, it's shit, but it's not a reason not to buy the game.

if you dont know anyone that's had issues with starforce, you do now, as i have.

when ever i install splinter cell, my machine randomly blue screen's. One of the harddrives turns off and then seconds later the blue screen appears, so i thought it was the HDD. got a new one, then the PSU, then the HDD cable, then the motherboard. -- only after installing one thing a day until it happened did i find out what caused it. I had splinter cell installed for months and suddenly this happened. Took ages to find the problem.

needless to say yes, it *is* a big deal. I dont think BIS are using it though so should be ok. - at least i hope they dont as after splinter cell i vowed never to buy a SF game again. fortunatly ubisoft dropped SF for the new splinter cell coming out soon. :-)

it's pretty retarded when your playing a cracked version of a game you bought and the bought copy is collecting dust.

its FAQ though, so this thread is destined for the sin bin i think.

If the game is good you will buy it right ? so why you care about starforce ?

Also Starforce = No reverse engineering on game code = no hack, no hook, no cheat.

Star Force is a buggy piece of rubbish. Sales will be affected if Starforce is used, probably more than pirating. This is a fact, it harms your PC and gaming enjoyment and would be akin to corporate suicide if implemented.

Imagine playing coop and JiP has been disabled....bang blue screen!!!!! It will happen it it does happen and is well documented. Google for it people if you have not heard about it.

If the game is good you will buy it right ? so why you care about starforce ?

honestly, no. i wouldnt.

I'd heard the stories too and thought it was all just a fuss about nothing, but now i've experienced it myself first hand, it's changed my views. I wont let that code near my machine again, ever. way too many headaches.

1. Search before posting.

2. Don't discuss copy protection

Two very, very simple rules to follow, getting post restrictions for such things would be quite silly.