Sign in to follow this  
Dynamax

Sounds - bullets

does anyone know what file i have to mod to change the sounds of bullets flying by?

i would like to change the default "whoosh" to more of a "CRACK!"

It's in your data folder (res\Dta\sounds.pbo)

Check the config.bin/cpp to find out which sound you specifically have to reconfigure.

edit:

This is, assuming that you don't use something like Dynamic Range sound or something.

It's defined in the config ammo (CfgAmmo) under : soundFly[]={objects\bulletnoise,db-12,0.7}; (example of default ofp "sound fly" of "bullet single"). If you're doing your own weapon, just change the path and add a new sound. If you wanna modify it for Ofp as default, modify the config.bin.

I found something funny about the bullet fly noise while working on the different JAM3 bullet sounds: OFP plays it back at a different pitch according to the speed of the bullet. Slower bullet = higher pitch, faster bullet = lower pitch.

For mags with initspeed around 8-900 (ie most assault & sniper rifles and machineguns), OFP plays back the sound quite a bit slower, whereas for 250-400 (SMGs, pistols, subsonic) the sound is played back at more than double speed  wow_o.gif

Also, only one fly sound per bullet type can be played - you can't have a selection of fly sounds like you can with hit sounds.

Cheers,

CH

ok i got the sound working, but i need to change its db setting in the CONFIG.BIN file, but i dont know how to view and edit it.

i got a bin viewing program, but all i see are rows of numbers and some text, nothing like this soundFly[]={objects\bulletnoise,db-12,0.7};

Export the bin file to a cpp file using binview. Then use CPP2Bin to reconvert it back to binary form.

there is no option in BINView to export anything.

i even checked their website, and it doesnt say anything about exporting.

After loading the .bin file look on top of the window and press "Actions" followed by "Export to .cpp-file" wink_o.gif

you must have a different version of binview than i, as i dont have such a tab.. only File, Options, and Help.

no of which have Actions, or Export to .cpp-file.

i found a program to convert .cpp to .bin.. but i still need to convert the .bin to .cpp so i can edit it. confused_o.gif

whistle.gif

- Start CoC BINView

- Open the desired config.bin

- Select File -> Save (just press OK in the 'warning' window that pops up)

thanks for all the help, i got it working ingame.

i do however have one problem, the sound has changed.. it no longer sounds like the orriginal .wav i converted to .wss.

for some reason it seems like the pitch and volume ingame for the sound has been turned down.

Ooooo, now that i know what your after i demand ( tounge2.gif ) the result´s posted in A&M:C as soon as you got it working.

The cracking noises would really add alot to the overall atmosphere thumbs-up.gif

edit: Maybe it would help to get in contact with someone from the former ECP team as they successfully managed to implement the "swoosh" sounds into their mod.