Sign in to follow this  
nedal

Crossfire SLI-Technologie support in AA?

Crossfire is a concept to run 2 Graficcards parallel to double up the grafic processor performance.

it must be supportet by the mainboard and it must be also supportet by the application, in our case Armed Assault.

i wonder if this will be an issue for AAcrossfire-setup.jpg

SLI rocks, Crossfire S****.... tounge2.gif

Well. atleast SLI will be available as the drivers will simply take advantage of them automatically, don't know how ATI's crossfire works... some1 care to enlighten me smile_o.gif?

AFAIK, SLI and X-fire are entirely hardware independent. I don't think the software needs to support it. I have an nVidia 7950 GX2 which is a dual-core card, similar to running SLI on one card and it works in OFP just fine.

So as long as your motherboard supports SLI/XFire then you don't need to worry about ArmA supporting it.

I do not think that Crossfire have to be supported by application itself, it is rather a driver issue. And for example new Catalysts added Crossfire support for i965 chipset (the chipset itself doesn't have two 16xPCIe slots, so the second graphic might be hampered in performance, I'm waiting for some tests). The only problem is the price of "master" cards.

Though when you want dual GPU now, you probably have the money and if you want to wait to use it as an performance upgrade in the future they gonna be cheaper.

There is no specific game support needed for CrossFire and SLI, both of them work fine with ArmA.