Sign in to follow this  
theeraserhead

DX10 and Armed Assault

According to MS, games ported to DX10 can experience 6 to 10 times the speed. It was stated that games that are currently in development can be easily ported to the DX10 API to take advantage of the speed. A game can also be designed to run on both API. For older games, the DX10 will need to emulate DX9 (which means the game might perform a little slower).

The above is a concern for me since I'm planning to purchase a DX10 card to play Crysis but I also plan to play Armed Assault. If AA game is strictly DX9 then I'm concerned that the game won't be running fast on my DX10 card as it would on the fastest DX9 card. My heart is torn right now, please tell me that the game can be ported to DX10 or designed to take advantage of DX10 hardware. Thank you.

They wont patch the game so it becomes a DX10 game. That's for sure.

10 times faster game is just crap. They are just trying to hype their new DX. Sure the DX10 cards wont perform as good as they could but it's probably nothing to worry about. Gfx cards are always optimized for their generation of DX. Even if the card is made for DX10 it will still perform better than the older generation cards.

Thanks guys. I was wrong to say 10x MS might have said 6 - 8 times. Most of the DX10 graphics work horse will be taken away from the CPU and processed by the GPU instead. The new boards right now require a fast CPU to be taken full advantage of. DX10 will most likely take the CPU factor off.

I'm hoping to hear from Placebo about DX10.

Thank you again.

I think it's just a little early to speculate about DX10, perhaps when it's actually available the issue can be discussed again.