Sign in to follow this  
chipper

Online Distribution System - Confirmed

I just dont understand, like the rest of you, WHY no North American pub will pick this up. Jesus OFP was game of the year! how can this be overlooked LOL.

I know who is to BLAME......E3! All those "are PC games on the way out?" Crap...this has to be the problem.

Or maybe they are refusing publishers that are like "we'll pub your game if you let up cut it up into pieces and sell it off as mods"

Cant wait for the game (unless its not finished yet), I just wish we knew something. You guys do what you need cause your games going to make alot of pubs regret not picking you up.

And as for [CS]SOBR[1st-I-R]: Dude see if you can buy ARAM at a reduced price "Bulk" and charge the normal price and make some money shipping it to people.....you know.......like a publisher...hee hee. Just saying

No mate ! I am not going to make profit out of this business.

The simple idea behind the plan is to provide the ofp community with what they desire.

I think its damn unfair that other people are less priviliged and have to wait even more for the release of the game.

And I also cant understand why in 21th century people have to fly to Germany to buy a DVD huh.gif

This isnt how its supposed to be, thats why I opened this trade mate, I probably will get Armed Assault without TAX (no tax on export goods) from wholesale and ship it to you. Thats much cheaper than Amazon and as reliable as it is shipped by UPS.

I know who is to BLAME......E3! All those "are PC games on the way out?"

OT:

thats so crazy. I dont know if they think we're all going to convert to consoles or something. -- i dont even own a tv, nor plan to get one.

I just dont understand, like the rest of you, WHY no North American pub will pick this up. Jesus OFP was game of the year! how can this be overlooked LOL.

Maybe they are nervous about being associated with a game that could be used to train insurgents for battle against US troops, there was some fuss in Congress about Battlefield 2 back in April/May.

Maybe it would be wise to distribute the MP demo in the same way as they would do the game itself, without the payment ofc. That would be a good test for bandwith, security etc.

Maybe they are nervous about being associated with a game that could be used to train insurgents for battle against US troops, there was some fuss in Congress about Battlefield 2 back in April/May.

rofl.gif

what's worse ?

-- terrorists standing in the desert taking markmanship practice with AK47's and training to fight the US,

OR

-- a bunch of couch potato gamer terrorists with insomnia ?

....that's what i thought. :-)

I want to be able to say "this is my arma box, there are many boxes but this box is mine" and then proceed to sit it above all the shite games ive regretted buying smile_o.gif

and then proceed to sit it on the throne above all the other shite games ive regretted buying smile_o.gif

i love the way that's nothing like what you meant to write ;-)

Crap oughta correct that!

Quote[/b] ]and then proceed to sit it above all the shite games ive regretted buying

Happy biggrin_o.gif

right, now this a nice statement biggrin_o.gif

And fortunately there is an option that makes this possible and im not talking about that shitty download thing which devaluates this game of the decade.

This is definitely going to hurt my chances of getting ArmA quick. Still i'll get it one way or the other. However we cant ignore that this WILL hurt ArmA's sale in countries where they arent being distributed physically. Since most of us who got OFP before were 15/16 or near it , not many of us had access to credit cards or any experience with online buying. Its pretty much the same today , theres no better advertisement of a game then it sitting right on the shelf. Many of us got the game by chance and got hooked on it , plenty will now be deprived of that chance if the game is distributed online ONLY in such a big market as the US.

Quote[/b] ]This is definitely going to hurt my chances of getting ArmA quick. Still i'll get it one way or the other. However we cant ignore that this WILL hurt ArmA's sale in countries where they arent being distributed physically. Since most of us who got OFP before were 15/16 or near it , not many of us had access to credit cards or any experience with online buying. Its pretty much the same today , theres no better advertisement of a game then it sitting right on the shelf. Many of us got the game by chance and got hooked on it , plenty will now be deprived of that chance if the game is distributed online ONLY in such a big market as the US.

The topic isn't to announce that ArmA will only be released via online distribution. They are still searching for a publisher and whos to say they won't find one? I doubt it will hinder your chances of buying a copy more then it will help.

If your parents aren't trusting internet websites you should find someone who does buy products both electronic and physical that uses a credit card/paypal and have them talk to your parents. There should be no reason that if you work your ass off to get 60 bucks to buy a game online that they won't use a card to buy it for you, they put themselves at the same risk going out to dinner and paying with a card as with paying for something electronically with a card.

Of course there are very few restaurants created for the sole purpose of stealing credit card numbers, but thats what the better business bureau is for. They even have a section for E-Commerce!

A tid bit off topic but I just felt that side of the discussion needed to be addressed : ).

Forgive me for not wanting to read 10 pages of forum (Read first, and last page), but can someone clarify something for me :

Along with the online distrubtation, will there be a boxed version in stores, or on places like Amazon.com?

Also, will it be a Steam-like system, where it's pretty much tied to the account? Hopefully it'll be more like what Direct2Drive seems to be, or maybe closer to what Bittorrent seems to be tounge2.gif (I.e simply a method of getting the data, much like buying a CD is just a means of getting your money, and transferring you the data. And less like Steam's method of an all-inclusive content delivery/tracking/monitoring/anti-cheat/subscription application)

- Ben

Quote[/b] ]Yea, ya parents are taking alot more risks by eating at the local restaurant...

The point is a teenager working at a restaurant can take credit card information just as easily as an online business.

Hope this has'nt been already asked but does anybody know if we will be able to purchase this online using PayPal?huh.gif

[CS]SOBR[1st-I-R] For President tounge2.gif Well hmm would u rather wait ..... given time for box version in America or waiting ..... amount of time for it to be distributed in stores? Average Joe I believe your wrong this is gonna be bigger then any game out there too date!! Anyone who dont realise this well, your loss.

Hope this has'nt been already asked but does anybody know if we will be able to purchase this online using PayPal?huh.gif

Why on earth should they use a crappy third party e-currency?

On my site you have the option to pay via paypal mate.

I think paypal is the best option for an "internetshop" like this.

Again... I dont get it why everyone is considering to download a "ArmASetup.exe" from some place on the web instead of having it delivered in an orginal box to your home huh.gif?

Someone needs to explain that to me. huh.gif

they most likely fail to use printer to get their own box and burn that .exe onto DVD smile_o.gif lol