Sign in to follow this  
smiley nick

Community Racing Team

FLASHPOINT RACING FORUM

Just to let you all know, flashpoint racing now has a fully operation forum, with a semi finished website to follow shortley.

Please all register and we can start collecting a database of infomation, teams, discussions, setups and anything else that might crop up.

Smiley

Flashpoint - Racing Forum

Dear BIS/Community

This might be slightly off the beaten track, but I wanted to share a idea I had with you all, and BIS.

For those who are serious racing simmers, who enjoy playing racing games, with the utmost realism which I am sure a lot of you are due to the ofp influence we all have, I would like to present to you something rather unique and possibly something really really cool. smile_o.gif

Anyone heard of a game called “Live for speed†I for one came across it by a friend of mine, and it’s the ultimate racing sim for hardcore fans, forget NFS and all that rubbish, LFS is like ofp, but for the racing market.

There is a great community for LFS and plenty of racers.

LFS also allows people like you and I to make our own teams, play with friends and so forth, the developers of the game are also very similar to BIS, getting involved with the community and releasing test patches to the public for improvements and suggestions.

Moving along from the brief history, I had an idea.

How many people would be willing to set up a small racing team, ofpers only, it would be nothing too serious to start with, just a collection of racers who share the same interests, but who enjoy racing, I have managed to bribe five people already! So I thought, why not spread the word and see who else might want in on this.. And you won’t have to be experts, but you will need some basic understandings of how to race properly.

So the deal is, racing on public servers or have our own, with professionalism, but having fun at the same time, this wont be a “clan†or anything like that, just relaxed racing but having the backing of MODS and possibly BIS as sponsors to try and boost public awareness. smile_o.gif

Now the thing is I am not really sure if any of this is legal? Could BIS and MOD’s sponsor a team? Or allow us to use your logos, on a new racing design theme for the cars, as LFS supports custom skins for cars. A few racing teams in LFS do have real sponsor backing from people like ATI, so it is possible.

This is a good way to promote your mods/BIS for free, knowing its all for a good cause and the people racing will be fellow ofpers. Placebo could you possibly fill us in at all?

This is a open thread, and am eager to see other peoples views, or interest, and possibly input from mod’s or BIS as I think it could be quite a nice venture.

May i just add, that the game needs to be brought to have full access, LFS have a license system, you will need to buy a license to unlock the game, if you do not, you are only limited to the demo, but the demo allows you to get a good feel for the game.

Happy talking

Smiley

LFS Website - Webpage

blackwood1.jpg

2-6-05-19.jpg

3.jpg

s2_SouthCity68.jpg

For more details screenshots and images check out this thread. Clicky

You can count me in. LFS is truly one of a kind.

Well worth a look for any car/realism buffs. The LFS community is great too. One of the best games, and best communities. Even though the game is alpha it's better then most finished games.

Yeh i think thats what Smiley is getting. I have a bit of a lower budget to opted for the Saitek R440.

This community team would be great with like minded folks

Scotia

LFS pwns, its the only car game I know of where if u roll your car the roof crumples (and differantly each time) best damage model ever seen in a game yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Smiley and Scotia know alll about me and rolling cars. rofl.gif

If you cant win, roll into them and take out everyone else. biggrin_o.gif

Just downloaded the "Demo/Alpha" and I'm IMPRESSED!

I played it with mouse( ! ), and even with that it feels extremly realistic!

Never seen cars behave so real like with this "game".

A must have!

MfG Lee wow_o.gif

Smiley and Scotia know alll about me and rolling cars. rofl.gif

If you cant win, roll into them and take out everyone else. biggrin_o.gif

ah you play this too? I hope so so I can ram off the road in specatcular fashion on the last lap for callin me a "brit" rofl.gif

Just downloaded the "Demo/Alpha" and I'm IMPRESSED!

I played it with mouse( ! ), and even with that it feels extremly realistic!

Never seen cars behave so real like with this "game".

A must have!

MfG Lee wow_o.gif

Glad to see you like it, it is fantastic, it has amazing physics in terms of realistic over and understeer, wait till you get the full licence!

And start racing with the BMW F1 car  inlove.gif

I have noticed you had a GT legends banner in your profile, do you still play on that?

Smiley

I don't know about joining a racing team, but I would definitely stop by for some good clean racing if you were to host some.

If it´s gonna incluse GTR2 count me in on a non binding basis.

LFS though i conisder too old to buy, sorry... confused_o.gif

I'm sure someone at BIS was also considering this, otherwise they wouldn't have included BIS's own version of the UF-1000, in british racing green camo...

gcs0046ed2zp5.jpg

... and with a top speed of about 140 km/h!! ...

gcs0045ed2mf8.jpg

... Just so we could train a bit before LFS came around! biggrin_o.gif

So be sure to get the S2 License, and spread OFP love in this very resistant car!! yay.gif

P.S.: Since I'm more of a rallye fan than a track-racer, I'll wait until it converts to rallying... until then I'll have fun in OFP with Gst's Lancia Stratos... biggrin_o.gif

LFS has been in development for a bit but it's still being worked on Mr. Burns. There are new patchs coming out and it's not even beta at this moment. Still alpha. And if you buy it then you get the Beta and Final version of S2. And there's A TON of new features and improvements added every month.

And considering it's THE best racing simulator, crashing simulator, and you get all that stuff, its worth it.

[ZG]BUZZARD: There are about 3 or 4 rally tracks at the moment, and a few rally cars as well. Rally is REALLY fun as well as road racing.

Hmm, I remeber playing the LFS demo years ago.. It's still not out of alpha/beta? crazy_o.gif

- Ben

Hmm, I remeber playing the LFS demo years ago.. It's still not out of alpha/beta? crazy_o.gif

- Ben

Correct me if I'm wrong, but LFS will have 3 versions/upgrades (S1,S2, and S3). Right now they are at S2 alpha. 2-5 years from now (completely guessing) S3 will come out. I'm not sure if S2 will soon be "finalized" or not, but the game as a whole is constantly being worked on and will continue for many more years until S3 is final. LFS is only made by 3 guys, so that's why the process is slow and ongoing. Think of a total conversion mod for OFP.......the mod gets better and better with every release/update/patch......that's basically what is happening with LFS (New cars, new features, updated physics, various fixes/upgrades, ect....).

For some of you, LFS might look too old, as a lot of new racing games on the market now look incredible in terms of photo realistic graphics, a fine example is GTL.

However, as good as they might look, they all lack the core elements of what makes a racing game enjoyable. The "gameplay" and physics, LFS was designed for Online play, and it has one of the best net codes for any racing games, and to prove this it has won many awards. Not to mention the physics.

But are there any mods, news sites and possibly bis who are willing to allow us to use your logos for transfers on a new racing skin, the skin would be designed with a high quality finish, but i think having ofp related logos on a racing skin, with a small team racing on a track on other servers would be rewarding.

You could call me sad, but im always trying to think up new things, and a simple "yes" or "no" from who ever, in regards to permission to use your logo on a car skin would be fantastic!

If you work in a mod, or you know a mod leader, ask them politely and see what they have to say smile_o.gif

Thanks all

Smiley  smile_o.gif

Well as a long running Formula 1 motor racing fan, I am certainly very interested in this  yay.gif

... the only problem I have right now if finding some free time.  My RL work has gone mad and I have too many other commitments right now... but I will thought I would just add my vote of encouragement.  

notworthy.gif

I have several of the Grand Prix series games by MicroProse, including "Grand Prix 4", which are pretty good for F1 (as compared with anything else I have tried).  This looks like a really fun project though.

Look forward to looking into it all later on.

Rich.

Any chance for a dirt-section ?

I am still stuck with Richard Burns (may he rest in peace...) Rally

I guess this is where it really gets messy thumbs-up.gif

Any superior rally games out lately ?

I like the idea of a racing team. I will check out the game in question as I just drove Rally over the last years.

Formula one is not my favourite and best physics simulation was in RBR, so if you don´t count in Flatout biggrin_o.gif I haven´t driven anything else than DTM lately.

*Start the engines !*

Thanks for all the support i think it could be a very nice venture, i expect 2% of the community members are hardcore racing fans, but if we can reach out to them, then thats my objective sorted.

Thanks messiah, UKF are the first mod to have a willing interest in this, spread the word around chaps! First come first serve in terms of position of logos and their "visual" appearance.

There are rally tracks in LFS but the rally system isn't as solid as the track racing, but if you are a rallyer, track racing might offer you something new and exciting to work on, nothing wrong in a new challenge smile_o.gif

I think i will send placebo a PM as he must be bogged down with the rest of the forum to worry about this little thread.

Skinning a car is fairly easy as well, so if there are any expert texture artists, or anyone with any designs please post them or PM me them, Here is a basic template for those who are interested.

xfgdefaultwc7.jpg

Each car has a template like this so the design will have to vary slightly to fit the shape of the car.

I think this could turn into something quite big. How does the team name "flashpoint Racing" sound? Again open to suggestions.. smile_o.gif

As for time, even if you can attend just one race a night, or 30 mins, it would be amazing to just race with fellow flashpointers using a "ofp based skin" representing mods, news sites and (i really hope so) the BIS logo...

If there is a lot of interest which is starting to show, i am willing to get a server for the "flashpoint racing" team.

Nick