Sign in to follow this  
Sled88

BATTLEFIELD 1939-1945 CORE

Sled88, don't get me wrong, I like your work, I really do,

but I think you're a bit too enthousiastic. You've got several mods/campaigns running at the moment, I truly suggest to work on one only and start another once it's done.

Nonetheless, good luck with this project.

- Viper

You need to be registered to download there I think wink_o.gif

WOW. You guys are unstoppable. Just after the huge of the of the Conspiracies deluxe pack you come with this. I'm D/L now and I love all your work. Thanks again

Why are you not using the Handsignals by General barron?It looks better,I hope that this will be included in next version smile_o.gif

BTW:PLZ PLZ INCLUDE THAT NEW HANDSIGNALS BY GENERALBARRON PLZ PLZ biggrin_o.gif

I like the handsignals idea, you should use General Barron's, but if you are not going to then remove the radio voices. The very first time i played the campaign my squad immediately spotted the German troops, after I died and re-tried it, the problem was solved. In the 3rd mission the Sherman tank was stuck behind a house and it's machine gun had a constant mussle flash, I know they are not your models.

Try this tank pack tanks

Many thanks Sled, I really enjoy WWll mods/campaigns (obviously) so this is much appreciated.  (I'm also amazed you have time for this on top of your Conspracies work but I'm not complaining)  wink_o.gif

Re. future mods you might tackle - I would love to see a campaign on the battle of Kursk (scaled down of course).  

One small model bug to report.  In mission Silo3, the Sherman has it's turret machine gun in a permanent firing state (re. the flash).  Texture bug I suppose.

A small note:

The grass in the BF 1939-1945 Core is not from Invasion 1944. It says "i44_grass" in the map editor, but it is the grass as Berghoff released in one of his nature packs.

One small model bug to report. In mission Silo3, the Sherman has it's turret machine gun in a permanent firing state (re. the flash). Texture bug I suppose.

I'll answer that...

for some strange reason sled choose to include the first version of the US pack, the one we released in a hurry for the 60th Dday aniversary that was FULL of bugs...

why didnt you grab version 1.2 ? its barely bigger, has lots more and nicer units and most bugs have been corrected too... also the shermans and most vehicles have new sounds etc...

one other thing i think would have made sence is release a version without I44 mod, splinterLink's island and our US pack for people who already have these addons/mods and arent newbies at installing stuff for ofp so they can sort it out by themselves... its kind of a hassle to download 300 or so Mb for a 3 mission campaign when the stuff making most of the filesize are addons and mods any descent ofp WWII fan would already have somewhere on their HDD...

its nice to have it all in a one download for people who dont have any of the addons you're using but for the rest of us it would have been much nicer... confused_o.gif

[edit]

also i dont know why but everytime i try to play your campaign, its freezes right from the start with the camera showing the sunset (or is it sunrise) etc, and all i hear is a fucked up weird sound (like a fucked up ogg or something)... i've got the latest ofp version, i'm 100% sure its installed properly and i didnt get any error messages when installing... am i the only one to have this bug ?

@Fab: I didn´t know that 1.2 is out... sry for that i will fix it in the next update! Working on an german one-day-campaign now... August 1944 Normandy... Could you please give me a link?smile_o.gif

JDB: Oh yeah sry will fix it to! wink_o.gif

Sled88, it is really really nicely done.

I'm eager to find out what your next project will be smile_o.gif

Not a suprice for me. biggrin_o.gif Another great mod from a great team. Hell of a good job you did. Wish you the best.

and hey sled,in missions with that grass,put to some units This setunitpos "UP" or This setbehaviour "combat";this switchmove "crouch";this setunitpos "UP"

it could be better

and I dont know why,but if I aproach the town in first mission,my fps falls from 18FPS to 4-8FPS banghead.gif

-Why are you not using new version of US Infartry units?That old version looks weird crazy_o.gif