.kju

WarGames League v.5.1 (WGL 5.1) Full Release

WGL_crCTI

check the required addons smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Thanks for the update, any hints on the grenade sound would be appreciated.

hm no idea. it should work fine.

Quote[/b] ]As I said, I put everything in one modfolder, Ryans units, Navy, all that, all the islands into the addons folder under @wgl5

not a good idea!

you can easily have these all in a single modfolder.

you can only load one model config at the same time anyway.

Yeah, I reinstalled the whole thing again, and the grenade sound in original BIS missions don't work.  Everything else seems fine.  I just skipped installing the Navy and Ryan models, since the non included readme said that it wasn't to be used in Multiplayer ( !! )

I also downloaded all the files that the WGL Cti links said to, but since there's no readme to direct people where to precicely put all these files, the AI in CTI don't do anything after respawning.  

The way I did it was I made a modfolder called @zeusCTI and put all the CTI files into that in an addons folder, and the actual Trinity CTI mission PBO into the root MPMissions folder of my OFP installation.  That's the only way it would show up in MP.

Another not such a good idea? smile_o.gif

@Konyak

hm on the ftp there should be the readme.

also i guess your problems are because you tried to host a cti yourself. you need a dedicated server for that.

the modfolder stuff looks fine.

Quote[/b] ]grenade sound in original BIS missions

damn banghead.gif

I don't know about anyone else, but I find the AI in 5.1 to be too similar to the old OFP where the AI can pick you off from 600 meters with an ak-47 with one shot. Im tempted to go back and reinstal 5.0 since it was much more fun when in firefights.

Is there a way to return 5.1 to the 5.0 version of dammage and AI dispersions?

hm dispersion and damage hasn't been changed between 5.0 and 5.1.

only weapon recoil - and here only LMGs and snipers were changed a bit. crazy_o.gif

I just checked the 5.1 read me and it even claims to have changed AI dispersion to make firefights last longer??? Im not certain of damage but I did test this with the editor between the 2 versions and found it took many more rounds to kill with 5.0. The ak-47 took only 1.4 rnds per soldier at point blank range and the 74 took 2.1 in v5.1. 5.0 was significantly higher on average so I dont know what to say.

I dont know what to tell you wiggles, as I am a huge fan of WGL. But 5.0 was much more intense when it came to firefights between players vs AI. Since we upgraded to 5.1 we found the game to be less enjoyable for infantry engagements and started playing VTE mod because of the changes in the feel of it. Maybe the bugs in 5.0 (by accident) provided an experience more fitting for our small coop group. But the thing that always annoyed me about OFP was the AI's ability to spot and kill you before they were a pixel in your sights. And since 5.1, this has been happening more than it had in 5.0.

Im still looking foward to a WGL version of Armed Assault though notworthy.gif , so please dont take this as a negative. Like I said before...WGL is the best mod ever made for OFP by far.

*holds hands up in the air*

I didn't touch the AI. It was not me this time.

Ok, so let me get this straight...what your saying is that nothing was done since 5.0? Is it possible that bug fixes and the read me statement of "~ Changed: aiDispersionCoef[X|Y] set to make AI less of 1-shot killers. Firefights last a bit longer now." may have altered this somehow in a way unintended? We do mostly Infantry Coop games and all of our group members have said the same thing...firefights with AI are dramatically shorter and more lethal.

Im just trying to figure out a way to get it back to where it was with the newer stuff and fixes included. No suggestions?

Quote[/b] ]Im just trying to figure out a way to get it back to where it was with the newer stuff and fixes included.

@wgl5\addons\wgl_wep_config.pbo\cfgweapons.hpp

Increase the AI dispersion values defined in the beginnig.

@wgl5\addons\wgl_wep_config.pbo\cfgammo.hpp

Decrease hit values of all bullets. Don't worry, there's only like ten different bullet types.

I guess that'd would be it pretty much. Not quite sure what would happen if someone with the unaltered file would join in MP, guess the AI would still shoot less accurate but the player would suffer the original damage from bullet hits.

Thanks Metal, just what the doctor ordered wink_o.gif

Little daunting looking thru the files but I think I got it figured out well enough to playtest. Thank you.

hm i will check this.

this change should (have) be(en) only about air units and vehicles..

if it isnt, there will certainly be WGL 5.13 whistle.gif

Grenades in 5.12 are kinda strange... They not only make no sound at all (using BIS troops) but also:

- with BIS they don't do any damage at all, not to me nor to other troops, BUT actually explode (sound and damage) if I throw one of them directly against someone (I only managed to throw one of them on my feet, and It exploded);

- with WGL they work well BUT if I manage to hit someone directly with a grenade (again I only managed to hit my feet smile_o.gif) they explode TWO times, the first time when it hits the target, and the second after the timer ends up, as usual.

Didn't try this with regular 5.1 though, I'm relatively new to this kind of stuff.

If you still want to make a 5.13 release, how about adding some AA to the SU-25, could be cool. I could change it by myself but I fear I could screw something. What do I need to change if I want to add a missile launcher with its own ammo and add it to the Sukhoi? Only things in the "wgl_veh_config" pbo?

Oh, BTW, great configs you have there, they show some very "1337 skillz"! biggrin_o.gif Really well made!

Edit - I just tried 5.1 grenades. They work as intended, no extra explosions or missing sound. As a note, in both 5.1 and 5.12 audio for the explosions is different, BIS for contact explosions and WGL for timed (using WGL troops), BIS for contact (using BIS troops).

Edit - I just tried 5.1 grenades. They work as intended, no extra explosions or missing sound. As a note, in both 5.1 and 5.12 audio for the explosions is different, BIS for contact explosions and WGL for timed (using WGL troops), BIS for contact (using BIS troops).

could You share Your modification that fixed grenade issue?

I didn't make modifications, sorry. I only made a "bug report", I looked a bit in the configs but I'm still a newbie, so I could only stare at the screen in awe. smile_o.gif

Just installed this - and I have to say - it adds a new level of realism into OFP - puts it back on the map - great work guys !

Cheers,

Looking at the WGL config for SLX I "uncovered" the fixes that Solus made for the grenades, plus some other things playing with ECP.

Here is the report:

- For fixing the missing sound/damage for BIS troops, you only need to add two classes in the cfgammo class (in wgl5\bin\config.cpp):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class HandGrenadeHit: GrenadeHand

{

//soundHit[]={"Explosions\expl3",10.0,1};

};

class GrenadeHandHit: GrenadeHand

{

//soundHit[]={"Explosions\expl3",10.0,1};

};

Obviously after the declaration of the "GrenadeHand" class. And you can freely remove the commented lines (call me Mr. Obvious).

- For the other problem (grenades exploding instantly if you throw them on your feet, throwing directly at vehicles/people won't make them detonate though), there's a workaround in ECP. By tightening the torso's torsion (ehrm) arc, it won't be possible to actually throw the grenades on your feet.

Thanks to Solus for the fixes and to snoofkin911 for a working link with which I got the mod.

When I load a USMC Grenadier and a WGL BTR-80 in the Editor, I get a CTD after I shot the second or third m203 grenade on the BTR-80. Happens with version 5.1.2

@Chapman2424

from the wgl5.1_change_summary.txt

~ Updated: anim.pbo to probably the last of Sanctuary animation work for OFP - he completely reworked the walk anims and made aiming a lot more steady when walking. Impressive job our friend!

--- Our deepest thanks once more to Sanctuary for his outstanding effort ! ---

@Asso

thanks for the info!

@MisterXY:

i'll look into it. thanks for the info!

Quote[/b] ]

- with BIS they don't do any damage at all, not to me nor to other troops, BUT actually explode (sound and damage) if I throw one of them directly against someone (I only managed to throw one of them on my feet, and It exploded);

- with WGL they work well BUT if I manage to hit someone directly with a grenade (again I only managed to hit my feet smile_o.gif) they explode TWO times, the first time when it hits the target, and the second after the timer ends up, as usual.

well actually WGL is meant to be played with WGL units/weapons when ever possible.

that means that CWC/Res default stuff might not work as intended and doesn't have WGL effects/features in most cases.

its two explosions, as its two grenades once you throw one wink_o.gif

its a hack to make AI use timed grenades.

@MisterXY:

i'll look into it. thanks for the info!

Sorry Q, I forgot to say that I set the fuel to a bit above 0% and the ammo to 0%.

hello,

I'm really sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I update 5.1 to 5.12, do i just extract 5.12 to Flashpoint directory? or do I open it, and replace 5.1 config with the 5.12 config and put the pbo's in the Addons section into my Addons folder?

ty smile_o.gif

correct smile_o.gif

most likely a small patch to WGL 5.13 should be out soon as well as WGL 5.13 as full download.