.kju

WarGames League v.5.1 (WGL 5.1) Full Release

speaking of ecp, if anyone has an ecp config with all the effects enabled please message me. go wgl!!!!

Hi, folks,

I've searched, but I can't find an answer to this: is there a way to re-enable zoom (the type mapped to "Lock or Zoom" in the Controls Options) in WGL? I agree with Suma's explanation of its inclusion in OFP (cf. this post).

Thanks for any help.:)

WGL have enough iron sight "zoom"... It have the same ammount of zoom than the original game If I remember well.

You are asking for the zoom without iron-sight right?

Then you need to go to Man: Land, and change this:

fov=0.9;

minFov=0.9;

maxFov=0.9;

// fov=0.85;

// minFov=0.42;

// maxFov=0.85;

To the vals with "//" to have the original game zoom.

PD: I think totally the contrary, I took out even the zoom of the iron sights, and surprising, you have the same problems that the AI have firing at you, like not-perfect accuracy, more bullet wasted, etc... In MP it works really good (A custom made modification of WGL), you use a lot of munition and the backpacks of WGL are really useful now, the firefights last longer and are more exciting =P

Only by editing the config file which controls zoom.

STGN

WGL have enough iron sight "zoom"... It have the same ammount of zoom than the original game If I remember well.

fov=0.9;

minFov=0.9;

maxFov=0.9;

// fov=0.85;

// minFov=0.42;

// maxFov=0.85;

PD: I think totally the contrary, I took out even the zoom of the iron sights, and surprising, you have the same problems that the AI have firing at you, like not-perfect accuracy, more bullet wasted, etc... In MP it works really good (A custom made modification of WGL), you use a lot of munition and the backpacks of WGL are really useful now, the firefights last longer and are more exciting =P

You can get a similar effect by editing the aimPrecision value of the different animation stances. No more perfectly still sights and it affects the AI too. :)

Yes, I am talking about the zoom w/o iron sights (right-click in vanilla ofp).

Only by editing the config file which controls zoom.

STGN

I've been looking through WGL's config.cpp, and there are many references to zoom, mostly having to do with weapons and islands. There is a reference under "class CfgWeapons", under "class Default":

opticsZoomMin=0.35;

opticsZoomMax=0.35;

distanceZoomMin=400;

distanceZoomMax=400;

Does this look like the right bit to edit?

Well default only affects weapons which does not otherwise have zoom defined in their part of the config. but yes that is the part to edit on all weapons.

STGN

Well default only affects weapons which does not otherwise have zoom defined in their part of the config. but yes that is the part to edit on all weapons.

STGN

Alright, I understand that, now. How about the zoom that works without any weapons? Does anyone know where to find this?

NacroxNicke explaind how to change that, in the config under "class Man:Land"

STGN

Man, I can be thick-headed sometimes - I apologize for missing that! Thanks for the help, guys!

Well, that didn't work. Here's what I have:

class Man: Land

{

mapSize=0.5;

// Q 05-09-24: renamed BIS vehicles classes

vehicleClass="BIS Infantry";

icon="soldier";

autocenter=0;

isMan=1;

displayName="$STR_DN_MAN";

nameSound="man";

extCameraPosition[]={0,0.3,-3.5};

accuracy=0.25;

audible=0.05;

camouflage=1;

sensitivity=1.65;

sensitivityEar=0.55;

formationX="8+random 2-random 2";

formationZ="8+random 2-random 2";

precision=1;

brakeDistance=1;

steerAheadSimul=0.2;

steerAheadPlan=0.2;

maxSpeed=24;

irTarget=0;

canHideBodies=0;

canDeactivateMines=0;

unitInfoType=unitinfosoldier;

hideUnitInfo=1;

armor=3;

armorStructural=2.0;

armorHead=0.7;

armorBody=0.8;

armorHands=0.5;

armorLegs=0.5;

cost=100000;

simulation="soldier";

wounds[]={"xicht_a.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_b.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_c.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_d.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_e.paa","xicht_e_zranen","xicht_f.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_g.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_h.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_i.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_j.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_k.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_l.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_m.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_n.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_o.paa","xicht_o_zranen","xicht_p.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_q.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_r.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_s.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_t.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_u.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_v.paa","xicht_v_zranen","xicht_w.paa","xicht_w_zranen","xicht_x.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_y.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_z.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2a.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2b.paa","xicht_w_zranen","xicht_2c.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2d.paa","xicht_v_zranen","xicht_2e.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2f.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2g.paa","xicht_w_zranen","xicht_2h.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2i.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2j.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2k.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2l.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2m.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2n.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2o.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2p.paa","xicht_2p_zranen","xicht_2q.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2r.paa","xicht_e_zranen","xicht_2s.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2t.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2u.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2v.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2w.paa","xicht_w_zranen","xicht_2x.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2y.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2z.paa","xicht_a_zranen","\merged\00007mc_vojakw2.paa","\merged\00009mc_vojakw2.paa","\merged\00008mc_vojake2.paa","\merged\00010mc_vojake2.paa","00004mc_vojakw2.paa","00009mc_vojakw2.paa","00005mc_vojakw2.paa","00008mc_vojakw2.paa","00003mc_vojakw2.paa","00007mc_vojakw2.paa","00004mc_vojake2.paa","00007mc_vojake2.paa","00005mc_vojake2.paa","00008mc_vojake2.paa","00004mc_tankistaw2.paa","00007mc_tankistaw2.paa","00002mc_tankistaw2.paa","00006mc_tankistaw2.paa","00000mc_tankistae2.paa","00008mc_tankistae2.paa","00003mc_tankistae2.paa","00007mc_tankistae2.paa","00002mc_saboteur.paa","00007mc_saboteur.paa","00000mc_saboteur.paa","00006mc_saboteur.paa","00003mc_SPECNAS2.paa","00011mc_SPECNAS2.paa","00005mc_SPECNAS2.paa","00010mc_SPECNAS2.paa","00000mc_vojakg2.paa","00009mc_vojakg2.paa","00003mc_vojakg2.paa","00008mc_vojakg2.paa","00003mc_vojakg3.paa","00009mc_vojakg3.paa","00004mc_vojakg3.paa","00008mc_vojakg3.paa","00005mc_vojakg3.paa","00007mc_vojakg3.paa","00002mc_pilote2.paa","00007mc_pilote2.paa","00004mc_pilote2.paa","00006mc_pilote2.paa","00003mc_Pilotw2.paa","00007mc_Pilotw2.paa","00002mc_Pilotw2.paa","00006mc_Pilotw2.paa","00002mc_SNIPERe2.paa","00009mc_SNIPERe2.paa","00004mc_SNIPERe2.paa","00008mc_SNIPERe2.paa","w_helma_front","w_helma_front_D","w_helma_side2","w_helma_side2_D","w_helma_vnitrek","w_helma_vnitrek_D","w_ramena","w_ramena_D","w_hrud_p","w_hrud_p_D","w_zadaruce_z","w_zadaruce_z_D","w_vojak_ruka_bok_l","w_vojak_ruka_bok_l_D","w_vojak_ruka_bok_p","w_vojak_ruka_bok_p_D","w_vojak_nohy_bok_l","w_vojak_nohy_bok_l_D","w_vojak_nohy_bok_p","w_vojak_nohy_bok_p_D","w_nohy_p","w_nohy_p_D","w_nohy_z","w_nohy_z_D","e_helma_front","e_helma_front_D","e_hrud_p","e_hrud_p_D","e_zada_z","e_zada_z_d","e_ruka_bok_l","e_ruka_bok_l_D","e_ruka_bok_p","e_ruka_bok_p_D","e_nohy_bok_l","e_nohy_bok_l_D","e_nohy_bok_p","e_nohy_bok_p_D","e_nohy_p","e_nohy_p_D","e_nohy_z","e_nohy_z_D","e_pilot_helma_z","e_pilot_helma_z_d","e_pilot_nohy_p","e_pilot_nohy_p_d","e_pilot_nohy_z","e_pilot_nohy_z_d","e_pilot_ramena","e_pilot_ramena_d","e_pilot_nohybok_l","e_pilot_nohybok_l_d","e_pilot_nohybok_p","e_pilot_nohybok_p_d","e_pilot_rucebok_l","e_pilot_rucebok_l_d","e_pilot_rucebok_p","e_pilot_rucebok_p_d","e_pilot_zada_z","e_pilot_zada_z_d","e_tankhelma_side512","e_tankhelma_side512_d","zaloha_hrud","zaloha_hrud_d","e_tank_zada_z","e_tank_zada_z_d","e_tank_nohy_p","e_tank_nohy_p_D","e_tank_nohy_z","e_tank_nohy_z_D","e_tank_ruka_p","e_tank_ruka_p_d","e_tank_ruka_l","e_tank_ruka_l_d","e_tank_nohybok_l","e_tank_nohybok_l_d","e_tank_nohybok_r","e_tank_nohybok_r_d","e_tankhelma_back512","e_tankhelma_back512_d","g_zada_z","g_zada_z_D","g_hrud_p","g_hrud_p_d","g_nohy_p","g_nohy_p_D","g_nohy_z","g_nohy_z_D","g_noha_bok_l","g_noha_bok_l_d","g_noha_bok_p","g_noha_bok_p_d","g_ruka_bok_p","g_ruka_bok_p_d","g_ruka_bok_l","g_ruka_bok_l_d","g_ramena","g_ramena_D","g_cepice_side","g_cepice_side_d","g_cepice_up","g_cepice_up_d","g2_hrud_p","g2_hrud_p_d","g2_zada_z","g2_zada_z_d","g2_nohy_z","g2_nohy_z_d","g2_nohy_p","g2_nohy_p_d","g2_nohy_bok_p","g2_nohy_bok_p_d","g2_nohy_bok_l","g2_nohy_bok_l_d","g2_ramena","g2_ramena_D","g2_ruka_bok_p","g2_ruka_bok_p_d","g2_ruka_bok_l","g2_ruka_bok_l_d","w_saboteur_hrud_p","w_saboteur_hrud_p_D","w_saboteur_zada_z","w_saboteur_zada_z_D","w_saboteur_nohy_z","w_saboteur_nohy_z_D","w_saboteur_nohy_p","w_saboteur_nohy_p_D","w_saboteur_ruka_p","w_saboteur_ruka_p_d","w_saboteur_ruka_l","w_saboteur_ruka_l_d","w_saboteur_ramena_z","w_saboteur_ramena_z_D","w_saboteur_kukla_s","w_saboteur_kukla_s_d","w_saboteur_kukla_f","w_saboteur_kukla_f_d","w_sniper_rukabok_l","w_sniper_rukabok_l_d","w_sniper_rukabok_p","w_sniper_rukabok_p_d","w_sniper_zada_z","w_sniper_zada_z_d","w_sniper_hrud_p","w_sniper_hrud_p_d","w_sniper_nohy_z","w_sniper_nohy_z_d","w_sniper_nohy_p","w_sniper_nohy_p_d","w_sniper_ramena","w_sniper_ramena_d","w_sniper_sitka.paa","w_sniper_sitka_d.paa","w_tank_hrud_p","w_tank_hrud_p_D","w_tank_zada_z","w_tank_zada_z_D","w_tank_nohy_p","w_tank_nohy_p_D","w_tank_nohy_z","w_tank_nohy_z_D","w_tank_nohybok_l","w_tank_nohybok_l_d","w_tank_nohybok_p","w_tank_nohybok_p_d","w_tank_rucebok_p","w_tank_rucebok_p_d","w_tank_rucebok_l","w_tank_rucebok_l_d","w_tank_helma_side","w_tank_helma_side_d","w_tank_helma_front_p","w_tank_helma_front_p_d","w_tank_ramena","w_tank_ramena_d","w_pilot_hrud_p","w_pilot_hrud_p_D","w_pilot_zada_z","w_pilot_zada_z_D","w_pilot_nohy_p","w_pilot_nohy_p_D","w_pilot_nohy_z","w_pilot_nohy_z_D","w_pilot_rucebok_l","w_pilot_rucebok_l_d","w_pilot_rucebok_p","w_pilot_rucebok_p_D","w_pilot_nohybok_l","w_pilot_nohybok_l_d","w_pilot_nohybok_p","w_pilot_nohybok_p_d","w_pilot_ramena","w_pilot_ramena_d","w_pilot_helma","w_pilot_helma_d","e_spec_hrud_p","e_spec_hrud_p_d","e_spec_ruka_bok_p","e_spec_ruka_bok_p_d","e_spec_ruka_bok_l","e_spec_ruka_bok_l_d","e_spec_ramena","e_spec_ramena_d","e_spec_zada_z","e_spec_zada_p_z","e_spec_hrud_p","e_spec_hrud_p_z","e_spec_satek_back","e_spec_satek_back_d","e_spec_satek_side","e_spec_satek_side_d","jirka_hrud_p","jirka_hrud_p_D","jirka_zada_z","jirka_zada_p_D","jirka_nohy_p","jirka_nohy_p_D","jirka_nohy_z","jirka_nohy_z_D","jirka_rukabok_p","jirka_rukabok_p_d","jirka_nohybok_l","jirka_nohybok_l_d","ang_bluza3","ang_bluza3_d","ang_face_f10","ang_face_f10_d","ang_sako_b","ang_sako_b_d","ang_sako_f","ang_sako_f_d","karel_hrud_p","karel_hrud_p_d","karel_rukabok","karel_rukabok_d","karel_zada","karel_zada_d","petr_hrud_p","petr_hrud_p_d","petr_zada_z","petr_zada_z_d","petr_nohy_zad","petr_nohy_zad_d","petr_nohy_pr","petr_nohy_pr_d"};

minGunElev=-90;

maxGunElev=90;

minGunTurn=-5;

maxGunTurn=5;

minGunTurnAI=-90; //JNF 17/9/06

maxGunTurnAI=90;

// Q 05-09-24 WGLZ FOV changes for evaluation.

// fov=0.9;

// minFov=0.9;

// maxFov=0.9;

fov=0.85;

minFov=0.42;

maxFov=0.85;

Anything look wrong?

Well then its probably because the soldiers in wgl are not Dependant on the class man:land and probably have there own base class. I don't know how wgl is build up so I can't tell where to look.

STGN

nvm. I thought I had the answer and made post before I tried it.

It seems like what Anguis did should have worked. That was the config.cpp found in the bin folder...right?

I can't find anything in wgl_men.pbo or wgl_men_config.pbo.

Edited by Zulu1

I rechecked the .hpp files and they took the settings from Man:Land, so it should work in the way that I said.

I did the same thing Anguis did in:

cfgvehicles

class man: land

in the config.cpp file in the bin folder, but still no zoom.

The config.cpp in wgl_men_cfg.pbo has this:

class CfgVehicles

{

access=3;

class All {};

class AllVehicles: All {};

class Land: AllVehicles {};

class Man: Land {};

class Soldier: Man {};

class SoldierWB: Soldier {};

class SoldierEB: Soldier {};

class SoldierGB: Soldier {};

class Civilian: Man {};

class Civilian2: Civilian {};

#include "wgl_men_config\CfgSoldiersWBasic.hpp"

#include "wgl_men_config\cfgSoldiersWRanger.hpp"

#include "wgl_men_config\cfgSoldiersWSF.hpp"

#include "wgl_men_config\cfgSoldiersWUSMC.hpp"

#include "wgl_men_config\cfgSoldiersEBasic.hpp"

#include "wgl_men_config\cfgSoldiersEVDV.hpp"

#include "wgl_men_config\cfgSoldiersESpets.hpp"

#include "wgl_men_config\cfgSoldiersRes.hpp"

#include "wgl_men_config\cfgSoldiersResI.hpp"

#include "wgl_men_config\cfgSoldiersResG.hpp"

#include "wgl_men_config\cfgMiscVehicles.hpp"

#include "wgl_men_config\cfgSoldiersIns.hpp"

#include "wgl_men_config\cfgsoldiersbis.hpp"

};

I looked in most of these and there was no fov or zoom settings.

This is why I never really persued trying to change the zoom thing, all the intertangled config's to deal with.

**I think WGLQ is still around, maybe a PM to him might get the answer.

Edited by Zulu1

fov=0.9;

minFov=0.9;

maxFov=0.9;

// fov=0.85;

// minFov=0.42;

// maxFov=0.85;

Hi, NacroxNicke, thanks for the help. Just a quick question - when you do this adjustment w/ your copy of WGL, is the original zoom behavior restored for you?

I did it and it worked... If it doesn't work, you can upload the config.cpp and I will check it out

I did it and it worked... If it doesn't work, you can upload the config.cpp and I will check it out

Ok, sounds good, thanks!

config.cpp

Okey, I checked and it worked with a small modification in ViewPilot below the other thing of min,maxfov.

That's because the ViewPilot is inhirited from the "All" class, so that class didn't have the changes.

I uploaded the config to mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/?lraybt8zttwvub0

Let me know if it worked ;), greetings

That did the trick - thanks! I'm happy to see that.

Now, what would be the multiplayer implications of this change? Is this strictly client-side, and, as such, won't cause a server to crash?

If I used this config.cpp on my server, would it enable the zoom for all clients, regardless of their settings? Or would it cause crashes?

I'm hoping it's client-side only, w/ no crashes - "to each their own" works for me!

By the way, it'd be nice if you would post your "ironsight-zoom-removed" config.cpp (and what you adjusted), I'd like to try out what you've described.

Edited by Anguis

It won't cause crashes because it's client side as you said

If you apply it to your game, the other players don't have the change... But some servers have a check for the config.cpp if it's sized as the original server config.cpp, and some will take it like cheat.

And, my config, it's a personal project... or something like it, because I use it with some friends to suit our needs... I can send you the link in PM, because I don't have the permissions and I won't be releasing it for public uses. (And there are some bugs left in that I haven't fixed yet)

Founded on my hdd

Some of them are not in ofp.info and filefront so:

WGL Ryan replacement

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8WVONG60

WGL UKF replacement pack

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G34RIOFU

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DFY0FN0P

WGL Samak hills (island)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1QU3LXU9

WGL Gaia island

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M44P7KBV

WGL Russian weapons from Hyot

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2FNPWO76

WGL Campaigns (a looot of)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SZWIBCD8

WGL MP mission (Normal,from zeus etc - 1010 missions)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AI13CJL0

WGL Vegetation replacement (only config,vegetation needed anyway ;))

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XBP3MPFT

edit-------------------------

WGL Texture replacement pack

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=41AIUFQD

WGL Island Pack

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=18S8P115

I hope it help somehow

Bielow

Edited by Bielow
added link