Sign in to follow this  
dm

Policie Pack v1.2a

Hate to stray further offtopic (ish)

but at BAS when we were doing the Littlebird update, we found that the custom animations were unreliable. On the MH-47E the backramp worked every time, others didnt. The same occured with the switches on the Littlebirds.

We had the same setup as you, with the switch in every LOD etc etc. The only thing we found that it was because of the soundfile played along with the backramp. For some reason the sound caused the animation to be recognised globally, while the switch animations (with no sounds) were not being recognised on client machines a certain distance away from the helicopter.

Thats why we switched to weapons on the LB's.

Anyho, not that it matters, as I doubt this addon is going to get too much MP use. And hey, at least it actually works on a dedi server without causing error messages or crashes tounge2.gif

cheers kyle - have been using the method you've suggested for a while (the idea about using every conceivable LOD), its more i've had told and read 100's of contrary reports it hurts the brain tounge2.gif

What exactly are you saying? huh.gif

sorry, guess it didnt sound/read clear

essentially i've been using that method, but had read that it can be unreliable, although i havnt encountered it - so i was wondering if you were doing anything different in your methology... hence why i asked my initial question.

Well all I know is I've never had problems with animations. And like I said before if it's only for setobjecttexture, it won't make much of a difference if it's not in view. Also, in MP, if one player is one side of the island and another on the ohter side, if one of them puts on a mask, the animation should work because it's on the player's unit (not far away from them). Assuming animations are global, even if there are no other players around, all it should take is for it to work for one person and the local scripts (the scripts running on each unit locally for each player) will detect the proper animationphase. So even if this animation problem exists, it really doesn't effect the setobjecttexture method.

Hey Dead Meat,

Dalai Lamar here, Great to see this amazing update man! Hey i was wondering if you could make a Militia guy maybe just like the Riot guy but with ammo pouches and a canteen...I LOVE the the RHS helmet addition maybe one with helmet and one with FIA style cap (same color as the police uniform) and holster for an officer...don't need to make more than 2 units....I would love to help you again if you need me...I do have some retextured parts and and ideas that your modeling prowess would make easy....(O2 Not working on my machine now) Thanks for your hard work good to see you back!

Lamar

Yep i hope u will update it, one more time again, please..

The version of your Gaz24 isn't working probably, the lights are not seeable if i activate the sirens or light button. It works only with the original version of the Gaz24 but the orig version dont has the cool turning lights like your version.

Please fix that.

oh btw: It's a fantastic addon liked your previous version from 2003\2004.

All I can say is "Bugger"

I packed the wrong gaz24mx.pbo crazy_o.gif

Am arranging with Rhodite at gotf.net to have this fixed.

UPDATE!

I packed the wrong gaz24mx.pbo This has now been updated and version 1.2a has been uploaded.

Download link remains the same.

Please re-download the addon.

great job dude,

but is there a helicopter planned...coz would be really nice to drop off units in a riot pistols.gif

great job dude,

but is there a helicopter planned...coz would be really nice to drop off units in a riot pistols.gif

Indeed, this is probably asking a lot, but it would be pretty cool if you could either get permission to use Airwolf_PL's police Mi-2 (with your police marking standards and better loudspeaker voices in place) or if you could get permission to use Nash Orijue's stuff.

Nah, I'm afraid thats it.

I wasn't even going to update 1.2, but because it was a stupid packing error you got 1.2a.

No more Policie work from me, was only because I found the source files and thought it would be nice to get them out there.

yeah or maybe a loudspeaker car whistle.gif

or a waterthrower...i hope this exist in the english language crazy_o.gif ...

but anyways...this should be enough...nice update

Great addon. Unfortunatly, there is one little bug. Gaz24's (edited by DMX) police light is always on, but it doesn't rotate. Neither, if you turn it on (or off) from the menu.

Great addon. Unfortunatly, there is one little bug. Gaz24's (edited by DMX) police light is always on, but it doesn't rotate. Neither, if you turn it on (or off) from the menu.

grab the fix - v1.2a - its ...fixed... in that version.

Okay wanna add my accolade too  notworthy.gif

Given the choice...

a. To work as Carmen Electras lingerie and swimwear consultant?

or

b. Use this kickin" addon in a new coop?

answer

b. Gimme the Policie!! I'm loving it  biggrin_o.gif

You sure you can't be persuaded to do a few more police addons??  

I so wish I could use that gasmask with black-ops and SAS units  yay.gif

Great work DM

grab the fix - v1.2a - its ...fixed... in that version.

Thanks, now it works fine.

Once again: awsome addon notworthy.gif

A word of warning to any would-be criminals out there....  pistols.gif

As seen tonight on TV's "Nogovas wildest police chases" The "Nogova policie" always catch the bad guys!

Thank you for your co-operation whistle.gif

wildesthd3.jpg[/img]

hey true they are some nice addons , you should continue the progress with more like swat type of units or a special police used in very special missions , or classified missions , great job yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif