Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

Cover of the French edition:

8023171011967.jpg

Weird that they did not kept the same cover as for the other countries... This one just looks too plain to me. You don't really know what the game is about... On the other hand who cares as long as the content rocks!

I must say, that is a pretty ugly cover. And I agree that it isn't very informative either. It must have cost a million dollars to produce this piece of art. confused_o.gif Oh well, as long as it is released on time and with squished bugs.

I would imagine us Yanks will be around April: two months later in the same manner as OFP.

--Ben

I would think that with the crappy early release of ArmA and the crappy release of the demo it has potentially damaged and put any possible US distributor on their guard against making an early push for distributing rights in the US and will probably now wait until after the 505 release to gauge market reactions to the English release, they can then see if its worth the financial risk.

So I think Benreeper is going to be correct with his estimated release date. But you yanks that can't wait should be able to order a "real" English copy from quite a few online sources that will ship to the USA.

that french cover is amazing ... typical french style smile_o.gif

(this is sarcasm so don't kill me)

Hmmm yeah, that French cover is, really interesting.  That's about all I can say really...  wink_o.gif

Edit - Though on further thought, if a guy sees that in a store, he might think 'Hmmm, Armed Assault, I wonder what that's about.' Then he'll turn it over to look at the screenshots and stuff on the back...

Yeah i think that covers good makes you wonder what it is. The other one looks a bit too normal could be any game on the shelf. Also i am a fan of rivets.

May i ask why the release dates are so different, why is tjeck allready released and not EU and so on?

because there are several publishers for each different country. Some versions already are released, but the most important one, the english one, isn't released yet. It's the publishers choice to release the game, not BIS.

In my opinion the german and czech version have been rushed, seeing the number of problems with it, so the english on, will be the real on smile_o.gif.

In short it's the same game, but the english version will already be patched to the current version whereas the german an czech version have to install a patch to get to the same version.

OK, ty for the answer.

Strange that they risk that a bad, to quick, release makes ppl refrain from buying the game in eng/us later.

The french cover is horrible, its creators are kind of lacking imagination, such a cover has probably required less than 10 minutes in Photoshop and it doesn't provide any information about the game's nature-oriented play.

It needs to get changed to a more commonly recognizable "simulation's cover" imo.

regards,

TB

they should use list (as pictures) of vehicles and weapons as overlay on such "cover" ....

I can imagine that people having no idea about what is the game , or what was OFP , and who see the retail box on a store shelve will not be even "appealed" by the cover jacket.

When looking at this thing, i appreciate even more the always very good OFP and Resistance covers.

apologies if this has already been posted..

http://www.play.com/Games....ct.html

Anticipation and support for ArmA is already very strong from an eager and vocal community of PC gamers

hehe

some good soul should please send to Play fixed video with synced sounds smile_o.gif

or made updated one ...

I can imagine that people having no idea about what is the game , or what was OFP , and who see the retail box on a store shelve will not be even "appealed" by the cover jacket.

When looking at this thing, i appreciate even more the always very good OFP and Resistance covers.

Whomever did that design was really really lazy sad_o.gif I might work if they pushed the concept a little more. I'm all about minimalism, but come one... maybe add a couple bullet holes or something.

Does anyone know what extras the 505 release will have? Like a map or something?

And what copy protection does it use. I heard it has SecuROM, but I just wanted to confirm this because I've always tried to avoid games with it. I'll make one exception though. biggrin_o.gif

Does anyone know what extras the 505 release will have? Like a map or something?

And what copy protection does it use. I heard it has SecuROM, but I just wanted to confirm this because I've always tried to avoid games with it. I'll make one exception though.  biggrin_o.gif

So long as it isnt SF i dont really mind wink_o.gif

So long as the copy protection works without issue thats fine by me.

I just had seen the website update on arma. I see that Armed Assault will be on the shelves of Europe, February 16th

Any update on a North America release? "U.S.A.?"

According to the ad, it seems the metal looking box is actually the special limited edition. I can't speak French but I'm pretty sure that's what it says under the picture of the box.

Any update on a North America release? "U.S.A.?"

Nope...

One reason I'm spending my gaming budget on other games. I'll think about a UK version but will wait to see if any headaches from 505's release occur.

According to the ad, it seems the metal looking box is actually the special limited edition. I can't speak French but I'm pretty sure that's what it says under the picture of the box.

I think you could be right. The box doesn't look very thick, so i'm assuming the special edition only contains the added features and nothing else. I hope i'm wrong as this wouldn't amount to a special editioin if the other regular editions will be able to download the addons via a patch.