Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

any news for us English speakers?

505 release is still confirmed for the 16.02.2007!

Uh yeah, but the 505 doesn't include United States.......

Quote[/b] ]I'm still waiting for confirmation but the information I've received is that the 505 deal includes: South Africa, Japan, Australia & New Zealand amongst other countries, full list is:

United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Iceland, Ireland, Andorra, San Marino, The Vatican City, Greece, Portugal, Croatia, Serbia & Montenegro, Bosnia, Slovenia, Lichtenstein, Cyprus, Malta, Turkey, Japan.

So as it stands right now, there is absolutely no news about this game ever being released in the United States. At least no news from BIS anyway. Their refusal to post anything makes me truly believe that this game will not be coming to the United States at all.

Prolly for the best anyway, American gamers usually expect that their games work properly. We dont usually settle for buggy games that have had 10 years to work on problems that still aren't fixed.

Who needs a US publisher if you have the internet.

Stop winging about it and just pre-order the game at one of the X locations it is available and you'll have t around the release date. And your last line is just so wrong.

Holy crap they could at least say what they intend to do about publishing in the US and Canada i mean for God sake its only a quarter of the world were talking about here wtf!?

Ronin I think you totally missed my point. I was just confused how you seem to think that Americans 'expect' bug-free games when you have bug-ridden stuff like BF2 on the market, which I have played and enjoyed BTW... wink_o.gif

Holy crap they could at least say what they intend to do about publishing in the US and Canada i mean for God sake its only a quarter of the world were talking about here wtf!?

They did icon_rolleyes.gif . You expect them to repeat that every time someone whines about it again?

1/4 of the world doesn't mean 1/4 of the sales. OFP was more successful in Europe.

any news for us English speakers?

505 release is still confirmed for the 16.02.2007!

Uh yeah, but the 505 doesn't include United States.......

Quote[/b] ]I'm still waiting for confirmation but the information I've received is that the 505 deal includes: South Africa, Japan, Australia & New Zealand amongst other countries, full list is:

United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands,  Belgium, Luxembourg, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Iceland,  Ireland,  Andorra, San Marino, The Vatican City, Greece, Portugal, Croatia, Serbia & Montenegro, Bosnia, Slovenia, Lichtenstein,  Cyprus, Malta, Turkey, Japan.

So as it stands right now, there is absolutely no news about this game ever being released in the United States. At least no news from BIS anyway. Their refusal to post anything makes me truly believe that this game will not be coming to the United States at all.

Prolly for the best anyway, American gamers usually expect that their games work properly. We dont usually settle for buggy games that have had 10 years to work on problems that still aren't fixed.

Who needs a US publisher if you have the internet.

Stop winging about it and just pre-order the game at one of the X locations it is available and you'll have t around the release date. And your last line is just so wrong.

huh.gif Uh, yeah . You didn't hear a stich of whining from me. I really no longer care if the game is released in the U.S.(Haven't card since before it was released anywhere lol) I was replying to other peoples'(*whiner's as you like to call them) posts that were asking about a U.S. release. confused_o.gif

Also, I believe my last line is very correct. Everyone knows that Armed Assault is full of bugs, most of which are left over from OFP. Go have a look at any website for a game in the U.S. and see how many posts are in the support forum, by people that want their game fixed. We may get buggy games, but we don't settle for them.We get them fixed, or we get rid of them. Broken games do not last in the American market. I',m not talking about a few glithces or bugs to work out, but have a look at the support forum for ArmA already. There are many/most of the well known bugs from OFP in there, as well quite a few more. Only reasonable replies anyone gets is "well just look at what the game is capable of, not what it does". That is utterly rediculous. By that standard, I could just sell a game engine and say "well it wont really do anything you want it to, but if you learn C++, and code the game in there, it will act the way you expect it to".....

Any direct replies should point to where BIS says they are planning an American release, otherwise it is just pointless arguing.

Oh, and yeah about the politics thing. I was just throwing a little sarcasm in there. S-A-R-C-A-S-M- it means to say something completely ridiculous in response to another comment/topic.  wink_o.gif

Glad I could get everyone all mad lol. Just remember folks- it's just a game, not your life, don't take everything so damn personal.   icon_rolleyes.gif

Also, I believe my last line is very correct. Everyone knows that Armed Assault is full of bugs, most of which are left over from OFP. Go have a look at any website for a game in the U.S. and see how many posts are in the support forum, by people that want their game fixed. We may get buggy games, but we don't settle for them.We get them fixed, or we get rid of them. Broken games do not last in the American market. I',m not talking about a few glithces or bugs to work out, but have a look at the support forum for ArmA already. There are many/most of the well known bugs from OFP in there, as well quite a few more. Only reasonable replies anyone gets is "well just look at what the game is capable of, not what it does". That is utterly rediculous. By that standard, I could just sell a game engine and say "well it wont really do anything you want it to, but if you learn C++, and code the game in there, it will act the way you expect it to".....

Because Americans are so much better than us and deserve better games icon_rolleyes.gif .

So you are saying that America is special and doesn't accept buggy games? Now you have higher standards than the rest of the world?

You didn't reply to my other post further up this page.

Some people are so full of shit.

Because Americans are so much better than us and deserve better games icon_rolleyes.gif .

No we just live better, now excuse me while i go eat my big steak in front of my huge TV while i enjoy the freedom to walk where i please just in case i get the urge to get off my fat overpaid underworked ass

No we just live better, now excuse me while i go eat my big steak in front of my huge TV while i enjoy the freedom to walk where i please just in case i get the urge to get off my fat overpaid underworked ass

And you think nobody lives like that in other countries? You don't know shit about the rest of the world man.

I know its better here... its so damn good here, were so rich even our homeless people are fat,, the scavenger birds are so fat they can barely fly...

Just purchase the UK version if you don't want to wait. I am sure you can bare those extra letters in words. Also, let's not give the U.S. a bad reputation, please. Not all of us are overpaid, hell, I once got fired for not knowing spanish.

Oh man... I wish I had the time, will and energy to fall down on your level, but I don't - so I won't reply to you two... Who btw. is very offtopic.

I feel sorry for you, though. A person with so many oppinions, but clearly have never seen anything outside the US for yourself. I do hope you are joking, though - which I think you are.

Anyway, if you are so overpaid, intelligent and flexible... Why don't you go download the game off the Internet instead of buying it in the stores? Is that too hard?

I know its better here... its so damn good here, were so rich even our homeless people are fat,, the scavenger birds are so fat they can barely fly...

Yeah, the 2% that oppress the rest live great

Oh I give up with you, stupid troll tounge2.gif .

Look ,, i just wanted to know the f-ing release date for my country , and apparently it was announced somewhere in a thousand post which i dont have the drive to look through , but instead of one of you just answering me, you start this f-ing arguement because your so overly sensitive to someone whos bitching and cant wait to attack them, like an old man waiting for kids to come in his yard so he can spray them with his garden hose

I have one thing to say to all the people with the oh so brilliant solution "just download it from UK" what good does it do to download a game and be the only one in my country to have it,, if i don't have anyone to shoot at in multiplayer i might as well go play with my dogs squeaky toy

Does anyone know what extras the UK release will have? I remember a topic about it, but I couldn't find it using the search. How much will it cost in USD?

Also are there any secure and cheap sites to import it to the US? EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot we weren't allowed to talk about that here.  sad_o.gif

Also what protection does it use?

Gimpy, I looked back and you never really asked. I just saw a bunch of sarcasm. If you had enough time to search through pages for a release date, I am guessing that you at least went through the first page, first topic. -=UOE.Txalo=- Keeps it updated regularly. Also, the Biki page is updated regularly. Most fans from the US will also purchase the UK version which means people to play with regularly and not some casual gamer who will spend part-time online for the first few months before buying another '7331 GaMeZ wiTh teh VehicleZ'.

What?  And then get arrested for jaywalking?  rofl.gif  biggrin_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Could we go back on topic and stop this US vs. the rest of the world please smile_o.gif Thanks.

Could we go back on topic and stop this US vs. the rest of the world please  smile_o.gif  Thanks.

Indeed back on topic please.

What? And then get arrested for jaywalking? rofl.gifbiggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

don't strain yourself trying to think up witty comments , let them flow naturally

GimpyBassturd WL+1 for not following a mods direction.