Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

Hey Placebo, man, I am not sure where to start. Wow "your Kind" I ask a legitimate question about news for the Americans and thats my answer. Wow you call that PR?

Terribly sorry I thought being American you'd have a sense of humour, my mistake smile_o.gif

To all  "Westerners"

I can recommend  Czech edition with the english patch and I am well through the campaign and missions,

But! the game is not polished in anyway ,as you may gather, from the Forum's.

So if you purchase a  Czech 1.01  version and patch it , to English,

enter into the spirit of the game and don't start ripping it to bits,  ......help with the polishing!

Hey Placebo, man, I am not sure where to start. Wow "your Kind" I ask a legitimate question about news for the Americans and thats my answer. Wow you call that PR?

Terribly sorry I thought being American you'd have a sense of humour, my mistake smile_o.gif

Jeez soory man, I didnt realize that was a joke my bad dude. Lol i feel like an a** now. Really sorry man, sad_o.gif can u forgive m?

Hehehe of course, I was just making a flippant joke, with us being international cousins and all (I'm English), hence the wink_o.gif after the "your kind" wink_o.gif

Hehehe of course, I was just making a flippant joke, with us being international cousins and all (I'm English), hence the wink_o.gif after the "your kind" wink_o.gif

walrusfoxtrot1, don't fall for that, them englishmen are still upset about the Tea party thing a few years ago  wink_o.gif  wink_o.gif

@ Sharez

well put, everyone needs to keep their heads about them and watch the game grow.

walrusfoxtrot1, don't fall for that, them englishmen are still upset about the Tea party thing a few years ago  wink_o.gif  wink_o.gif

rofl.gif Low blow

Well, 2 in our group got the Czech version from Sprocket, installed the english fix and we are enjoying ArmA now. A third (Canadian) member is also dnlding as we speak! So screw the US Pub's

Really? I didn't know its on Sprocket now huh.gif I am far behind I gotta check this out biggrin_o.gif

Placebo:

Forgive me if I've missed someone asking this question before...but this section is looong.

Understanding many people are choosing to buy the game now rather than wait for an English version, how does BIS feel about this? Would BIS prefer people buy now from a foreign vendor and mod the game themselves for English or wait until the proper localized version is released in the appropriate markets and buy it from that distributor?

I could see how people purchasing now from a foreign vendor could even further discourage new distributor agreements. I was just wondering how to best support BIS.  Even if I'm just one guy, I like to put my money toward to the right cause.

Thanks,

- Ninpo

Placebo: Any definitive answer on this yet?

Placebo:

Forgive me if I've missed someone asking this question before...but this section is looong.

Understanding many people are choosing to buy the game now rather than wait for an English version, how does BIS feel about this? Would BIS prefer people buy now from a foreign vendor and mod the game themselves for English or wait until the proper localized version is released in the appropriate markets and buy it from that distributor?

I could see how people purchasing now from a foreign vendor could even further discourage new distributor agreements. I was just wondering how to best support BIS.  Even if I'm just one guy, I like to put my money toward to the right cause.

Thanks,

- Ninpo

Placebo: Any definitive answer on this yet?

I think it matters little to them as they're still getting money either way, regardless of the source. It _could_ however jepordize their relations with 505, but it is quite doubtful. They kicked themselves in the ass by not releasing the game sooner (of course, in some ways, that isn't the case).

- dRB

BTW, the Czech version I got from Sprocket 12/9/06, was patched, so no need to patch it untill another is released wink_o.gif

I think the decision to delay the english version was to allow the rookie US and Eastern players to get some training under their belts before the professional 'tea drinking, biscuit dunking' english players are deployed into the field of battle tounge2.gif

So what is the release date of the english version then? icon_rolleyes.gif

I think the decision to delay the english version was to allow the rookie US and Eastern players to get some training under their belts before the professional 'tea drinking, biscuit dunking' english players  are deployed into the field of battle  tounge2.gif

hahah yeah.. well i'm for the uk got all my pratice in playing ofp.. humm wounder if Andy Mcnab plays this? lol

Best guess is probably some time after the US version is released, not sure exactly it depends on agreements with publishers, but chances are no US publisher will sign the game knowing that an English version is available for download weeks before they're able to get boxes in stores.

I don't know everyone elses feelings on this statement but I take it as a lock that BI intends to have ArmA in the North American market.

That should shut up those that are wondering if there will be a North American release.

Thanks Placebo

Best guess is probably some time after the US version is released, not sure exactly it depends on agreements with publishers, but chances are no US publisher will sign the game knowing that an English version is available for download weeks before they're able to get boxes in stores.

I don't know everyone elses feelings on this statement but I take it as a lock that BI intends to have ArmA in the North American market.

That should shut up those that are wondering if there will be a North American release.

Thanks Placebo

Was there supposed to be any real doubt to begin with?

Was there supposed to be any real doubt to begin with?

No, not from me, but some in here wouldn't stop wondering

So what is the release date of the english version then?  icon_rolleyes.gif

Q1 2007, ....read the first post icon_rolleyes.gif

According to Lateflip, following information apparently received from 505 Games themselves:

UK RELEASE DATE is scheduled for:

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>FEBRUARY 17th 2007</span>.

yay.gif

As stated: here

Source: Armed-Assault.Net

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Please note that an official confirmation is probably best before people start getting too excited...</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Edit: Just realised that the release is 3 days after <span style='color:red'>VALENTINES DAY</span> inlove.gif ...many hearts are going to be broken when ArmA fans have to make a decision between paying out a fortune on their beloved, or saving the money by staying in and playing ArmA (maybe using the cash for Track IR)... oh the dilemma whistle.gif</span>

Quote[/b] ]the UK RELEASE DATE is Scheduled for FEBRUARY 17th 2007.

Excellent. I'll probably buy this despite downloading the German version. Reason being that I'll have been playing it for approximatly 60 days by then and at a cost of ~Å30 I reccon Å0.50p per night will have been well worthwhile.

That means BIS has about 2 months to patch it up, or a lot of Uk customers will be lost. crazy_o.gif

Anyone knows what copy protection 505 uses?

Anyone knows what copy protection 505 uses?

Try asking 505, they're the ones who will decide.

Quote[/b] ]the UK RELEASE DATE is Scheduled for FEBRUARY 17th 2007.

That suits me fine ... one week after returning from my six week Philippines trip!  tounge2.gif

Leave the demo, just work out the bugs!

Placebo, in Argentina exist a enterprise called Microbyte, can you contact him for ArmA distribution in my country?

http://www.microbyte.com.ar/ ( Main site )

http://www.microbyte.com.ar/contacto.php ( Contact )

Or another this one

GTC Ribbon

http://www.gtcribbon.com/index.shtml ( Main site )

http://www.gtcribbon.com/contacto.shtml ( Contact )

Thx alot.