Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

Relase date the Polish version ArmA changed again!

LEM changed the date on 15 of December.

Anyway...

Quote[/b] ]On Friday 17th a part of Armed Assault Zone PL team, OFman and lendrom, to be specific, had an opportunity of testing ArmA at LEM's (the Polish publisher) office. It should be said straight away that the game that we played was in an earlier version than the one released in Czech Republic, so some of the problems we encountered have been already solved, which seems to be confirmed by Czech version users' statements on various forums.

Link to full article from ArmA-Zone.pl (observations, some screens and two videos)

Yes sir, I can boogie smile_o.gif hehe

congrats you had the game (like 20000 others) but wrong topic

8 months until official release in SouthAmerica...?

Man... it's a good idea find some friend with international credit card I suposse..... huh.gif

Yeah my english suucks! whistle.gif

8 months until official release in SouthAmerica...?

No.. Someone just made a cynical guess. There's no info on when the game will be released in South America.

I for one am Happy to wait.

When OFP-CWC came out in the states, a good # of bugs were fixed by then. And more patches/addons were ready for download. Take all the time you need.... OFP goty still has life in it, and I'm a happy camper wink_o.gif

And in the end I'll buy direct from BIS if need be......wonders how much would shipping be to the U.S.?..... crazy_o.gif

Lordhorus:

It has been said many times that copy protection is the job of the publisher, not the developer. Thus different publishers may indeed choose different methods.

According to various community websites the German publisher Morphicon confirmed that the copy protection (of the German version) will be Securom. This started a fierce debate on the forums. Many of those who posted their opinion said that Securom would be almost as destructive to hardware as Starforce. Others claim that the latest version of Securom would not cause any trouble. In order to be on the safe side you might want to get a spare DVD-burner and see if you need it.

Morphicon confirmed that blood will be in the German version. But don't worry, it should be possible to disable blood in the options menu.

Sorry guys I'm confused...has B.I.S. issued any information on when I can buy the game in the U.S., will I have to order it from the U.K. will it be available online?

B.I.S. please support your American customrers.

Talking about beating a dead horse! Are we resorting the vandalizing of tombstones now? If they're was any solid news about possible American publishers, it would have been stated and confirmed within this thread. That is not the case. However, to rouse any bit of hope that may be within you, 505 Gamestreet has previously stated that they are discussing possible distribution rights within the United States. They're so many modifiers in that sentence that it doesn't take a genius to do the math - don't believe anything ANYONE says until it's written down in blood.

- dRb

I don't really see what all the fuss is about. Say ArmA came out globally tomorrow. It'd take somewhere between 2 and 6 hours before most of the community from OFP is back on here saying, "what, we have to wait 2months for addons?", "I can't believe we need patches already" and a variety of other complaints. Face it people, like it or not, this is the way it's going to be. Personally, I'm happy enough waiting with GOTY OFP and the addons that people have developed over the years, rather than having to buy a new 'puter, a new game, and then spend the next 6 months waiting for all the bugs to be ironed out, and any decent addons/mods/islands to be released.

So the german version wont have starforce?

Bit odd to add it to the Czech version and not the german one isnt it.

Any conformation on this? I thought the german version would have blood removed for sure banghead.gif

Protection is down to the Publishers..  Placebo also stated to micromorphin that the community disliked the idea of Starforce.

Placebo I have some questions for you

Whats up with 505? They have dropped right off the radar, are they going to update us on whats going on. They must be contactable by BIS in one method or another. The fact thats its been offline for a while does not bode well for confidence about what they are up to, too many questions are being left unanswered on here

I agree. Some kind of update would be nice.

I think I would prefer pay to download the game. Im not bothered about all the 'special edition' stuff, its money for old rope at the end of the day. An ISO file will do nicely.

To have release dates for all other countries except UK is a bit odd, seeing as its probably one of the biggest markets.

hiya all...

wanted to send some games to USA for clan members.

but does the game work there? because the regional code of DVD.

greetz mario

To have release dates for all other countries except UK is a bit odd, seeing as its probably one of the biggest markets.

as odd as your inability to read? (in a nice way, do understand me)

check the 505 release countries again wink_o.gif

505 Website is up again and it has changed a lot

check it out! yay.gif

crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif No mention of ARMA or PC GAMES whatsoever!!! what is going on? help.gifwow_o.gif

505 Website is up again and it has changed a lot

<snip>

crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif No mention of ARMA or PC GAMES whatsoever!!! what is going on? help.gifwow_o.gif

Yeah, pretty strange. There is still not even "PC" as a platform choice in the "Games By Platform" dropdown. I mean, couldn't they be bothered to create at least a 'info coming soon' page for ArmA? VERY strange.

Bob.

OH whats this Sprocket link on the bis home page link for? it would seem its a chez armed assault supplier.. with the option to choose to view in english... just don't seem to have that damn game.. oh whats it called?

more interesting than that load of wobbly willy.. i've just been talking about, I have read more into the company I shall quote an intresing finding "My-Sprocket.com is neither a publisher nor developer of the games and/or other software (henceforth "Games") that you can download from our site."

so would I be correct in thinking this could possibly be the online distributor that we have all been spanking ower monkeys over?

Welcome to Sprocket, your online games dispenser.

Here you can find a selection of fine games to choose from and which you can buy, download and play without leaving your armchair!

I guess BIs just screwed themselves over. ArmA is leaked onto news group with the english language patch. I am not going to post links as that is asking for bannage!

What i am sure is that all those pissed off people from North America is going to start download it and play it. What a way to lose a large fan base!

I guess BIs just screwed themselves over. ArmA is leaked onto news group with the english language patch. I am not going to post links as that is asking for bannage!

What i am sure is that all those pissed off people from North America is going to start download it and play it. What a way to lose a large fan base!

I will wait for a sanctioned version. At worst, I will get one from the UK.

What a way to lose a large fan base!

Trust me, if anyone was a fan of something, they would purchase it.

the 505 site is ugly, can somone find out when the realse will be in norway, sweden or denmark, plz (A)