Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

I'm getting my copy directly in Czech on Monday, along with team buddies so we can prepare missions for the rest of the guys in December wink_o.gif Most of other team members will buy German version (Mediamarkt, 30.11., 45€) that has no starforce (hopefully).

Placebo: we get different reports about serial keys. Some of publishers say you can use the czech key on english/german version, others (like Jiri) state that keys are localized, too. What is the truth? I'll probably buy german+english if I'll have problems with Czech version.

Outer Mongolia will ship before North America.... but you SHOULD NOT have to buy the OUTER MONGOLIAN version just so you can play the game. Yup...I'm an unhappy camper..... banghead.gif.

your reaction is very unfair to BIS

this is not about Outer Mongolia. the way it is now, BIS is simply giving precedence to its target sales markets. The allegiance to the game in eastern Europe countries has been considerable due to OFP 1 thematics. and Germany is simply an important gaming country, partly due to the school system (lots of pupils/students with free time on their hands). you should blame the publishers for not being more eager to launch this title.

Placebo: we get different reports about serial keys. Some of publishers say you can use the czech key on english/german version, others (like Jiri) state that keys are localized, too. What is the truth? I'll probably buy german+english if I'll have problems with Czech version.

The truth is it's inappropriate to discuss such things on the forum.

Had most of you forgotten, I feel that I should remind some of you unhappy campers about something.

Bohemia Interactive is a company. This company creates games to make a profit for their company. Bohemia created Armed Assault to make money.

But they also made it because you guys loved Operation Flashpoint, and they love making games. Let's show a little bit of respect in that regard?

I just have to say, be happy Bohemia is aiming for a world wide audience, despite the fact of having many different publishers, with many different release dates, in many different parts of the entire globe.

GOOD publishers are one of the most difficult things to come by in this industry, they are a complete nuisance. Bohemia, in my opinion and as it seems, has taken an unprecedented amount of time to find THE best publishers to fit the keyhole.

If you don't like that, tough shit. Bohemia now has tons of partners in this industry. Idea, 505, Morphicon, Lem, JRC, CQE, Akella and many more down the road.

America and a few other countries get just about EVERYTHING before everybody else does. Suck it up, take the shit end of the stick for once and wait it out, I'm pretty sure you can wait a few 80+ more days. Jesus will let you play Armed Assault before he comes back.

I totally agree with Sharez.....BIS has gone back in time with this release. There is no way in the HOT place that this distribution nightmare should have ever happened. The way it looks right now....Outer Mongolia will ship before North America....so does that mean I should get on my trusty yak and ride to the nearest postal outlet in OM and hope my copy arrives.....I don't flippin think so. The last time I looked....we ARE in the 21st century....and there is this thing called the internet...and you CAN buy things online....but you SHOULD NOT have to buy the OUTER MONGOLIAN version just so you can play the game. Yup...I'm an unhappy camper..... banghead.gif.

hmm.. I hope you used "outer mongolia" as a metaphor only... (I have nothing against Mongolia but comparing this far east country to Poland or Chech Republic is an evidence of.... guess what.

And who said that every new (computer) game should be released in north america first??? --have you ever heard of the japaneese console games..?? or European movies which usually can be seen in european theaters first...? (and sometimes need to be re-produced for the specific US audience before showing them in usa biggrin_o.gif )

be patient btw --we have been waiting for a year now, so couple of days more is not a tradegy after all... [edit]patient[/edit]

I thought a demo was going to be released before the final product ?? Now I see you can buy ArmA polish and german from the ArmA website.....what happened to the demo huh.gif?

Are the polish and germans that gullible to buy a ArmA beta or are they the selected nations to get the cheat packs rolled out. whistle.gif

i can wait till Feb. but if BIS was looking to make more money why not do online distibution and pocket that profit?

sure distribution is key for all markets but both means more choices.

being handcuffed by distributors who didn't plan well isn't helping the community at all with the negatives its creating.

Placebo: any chance of insight on the online distibution yet?

maybe a hint aside from " yes there will be " like a timeframe perhaps

Well one thing good will come out of this.. if the publishers prove to be worthy to release such a good game... lest will will not have to go through this shananagens of finding publishers ect for Armed assault 2 or addon ect.

yeah sorry about my language.. if u thought that was bad, good job I edited my post or I could of possibly of been banned biggrin_o.gif

Well I am in Canada, and it has been way loo long a wait for me... for a decent WORTHY mil combat game to arrive here. Flashpoint was the last decent worthy milcombat game.

Hopefully, by the time we see this game, BIS will have released some whopping good patches for all the bug fixes that will surely be needed. Ala FP. .... AA is gonna need alot of fixes.

After FPs success, I do find it odder than heck that someone from N America didn`t jump on the AA Publisher bandwagon. Just shows ya what a bunch of chickenshiz loser Publishers we have over here.

I thought a demo was going to be released before the final product ?? Now I see you can buy ArmA polish and german from the ArmA website.....what happened to the demo huh.gif?

Are the polish and germans that gullible to buy a ArmA beta or are they the selected nations to get the cheat packs rolled out. whistle.gif

you mean "chosen nations"? hehe biggrin_o.gif (actually there is a nation which has been "chosen" couple of thousand years ago wink_o.gif )

(and these lucky countries are Germany and Chech republic, not Poland btw)

Did anybody knew that 505 gamestreet is actually owned by a bigger entity:

Digital Bros

And they have been in business for 16 years.

I take that as a good news... and I think it should give some confidence back to those still spectical about 505gamestreet thumbs-up.gif

Did anybody knew that 505 gamestreet is actually owned by a bigger entity:

Digital Bros

And they have been in business for 16 years.

I take that as a good news... and I think it should give some confidence back to those still spectical about 505gamestreet

Well since the game is 3-6 months away, any good news i hear about 505 games will not compensate for this long wait.

A question for someone who knows: How long time will it take till there is an online download option for buying amra??

I sooo need this game!

Just my educated guess but I would not expect a downloadable version until 505 releases because if it came out before then 505 sales would be hurt....not gonna happen.

That is the problem with multiple release dates, so we US guys will be waiting a long, long, long time.

Polish publisher representatives said that the delay is caused by the change of a database --BIS replaced excell with another db crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif (excell is not a "real" db biggrin_o.gif )

They said also that it's 90% sure that the final release date will be changed one more time bcause they have still much to do with the localization, disks yet have to be burned, etc.

you guys need to chill out, as soon as the german version hits the shelves the torrents will spread like crazy!

Hey all!Im from Estonia and from EU and wohoo first post here thumbs-up.gif

Poland is  thousand  kilometre from me and they got these 28/11/2006 and Russia is naber country  and they got early than Poland.How long Estonia guys have to wait until armed assault game arrive to Estonia all store. help.gif  goodnight.gif

you guys need to chill out, as soon as the german version hits the shelves the torrents will spread like crazy!

Hmmm, you are not supposed to wake up Placebo wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]And they have been in business for 16 years.

I take that as a good news... and I think it should give some confidence back to those still spectical about 505gamestreet

So what? Codemasters was in business for 25 years. It doesn't mean anything. Plus who cares who publishes it? As long as its not EA, but that doesn't matter anymore as you guys are being treated worse. "cough" starforce "cough"

Quote[/b] ]And they have been in business for 16 years.

So what?  Codemasters was in business for 25 years.   It doesn't mean anything.  Plus who cares who publishes it?  As long as its not EA, but that doesn't matter anymore as you guys are being treated worse.  "cough" starforce "cough"

You know i live in US and i'd take any publisher be it EA, Ubi, Codemasters or whatever it takes as long as we get the game (in box) by this year end.

And speaking of dnwld version, EA game NFS:Carbon has a downloadable verson and i guess most of the people would have to dl it a few times over because they kept getting it corrupted. I'm sure people with 56dl won't be very happy redonwloading the game over and over again beacause of corruptions.

Not a very bright mentality, even when joking...

So what? Codemasters was in business for 25 years. It doesn't mean anything. Plus who cares who publishes it?

Well... a lot (and I mean A LOT) of people here complain about 505gamestreet...(Because they never heard of them, cause they only published console games so far etc...)

So yeah people for sure care... and the fact 505've been in business for so many years gives them more credibility welcome.gif

ok?

So what?  Codemasters was in business for 25 years.   It doesn't mean anything.  Plus who cares who publishes it?

Well... a lot (and I mean A LOT) of people here complain about 505gamestreet...(Because they never heard of them, cause they only published console games so far etc...)

So yeah people fo care... and the fact they've been in business for so many years gives them more credibility  welcome.gif

ok?

so why dont we ask EA to to distribute banghead.gifbanghead.gif

EA have the Battlefield series. And ArmA is a competition for them.

A question for Placebo: Are there plans to distribute the game in Israel? Thanks

as soon as the german version hits the shelves the torrents will spread like crazy!

Anymore talk like that and you'll be permanently banned from these forums.

A question for Placebo: Are there plans to distribute the game in Israel? Thanks

Funnily enough I was just told yesterday that 505 will publish to the "middle east", Israel, Saudi and such, not confirmed yet but you can contact them to ask Claudia.Morello@digital-bros.net