Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

If you were going for less money in their pockets wouldn't amazon.com be a better option? Then again they could have always just bought it instead of bid..unless he doesn't have it set to bid..which rather answers the question. Ah well,I don't care,its not my money thats goin gone,though I will laugh if the person responds back with a complain of not being able to read it. rofl.gif

reason being is that the seller posted a warning the game is in Czech.

I am disappointed that there is not a US publisher for this game. There are a lot of fans here in America that want this game and should not be forced to buy a foreign copy just to play. The sales numbers may not be there only because it seems the majority of FPS players want Counter Strike game play and couldn’t handle something trending towards realistic, however there are many US players that love OFP and want the game.

Yeah shame that US publishers don't have a clue what they are missing... if there is no publisher who wants this it's kind of a problem icon_rolleyes.gif

Its not really so bad buying a foreign game,hell infact I wouldn't be suprised if for "A" US variant they dumbed down things,removed the gored wound textures and whatnot.

I'd take it,with a few second thoughts yes but regardless,I'd take it.

current bid is $102.50,damn. I wonder if this person is out to get a lucky person the game or if their being a cheap shot and wanting to make some money off somebody desperation.

If this was Sony game, the poor guy would have been sued already...

I saw it on ebay.com it was going for $92, that was the current bid.

LOL price just went up to $102.50 and the bloke selling it says he has preordered it. So he might not even have it himself. Guess some people know how to get rich quick. Oh and its still got 3 days left to bid on, so i might just put my $500 in and end the bid  rofl.gif  rofl.gif

OMG they have updated the news on the armed assault web site... just thought I would share that. biggrin_o.gif

Like every one else it feels like odd wondering the what is the best option for buying ArmedA.

I am getting suspicious of 505 they do not even have their website up and running, looks more a like men in suits job .

If they are releasing to all the listed EU countries at once,does that mean they will be like the German edition and have French, Italian, Dutch , text.

The 505 "spokesperson" gave the reason for the Feb date as to localize all the releases,

which if they were planning on sorting all the text in game and printing would take a long time.

No I don't fancy 505 it will be the German Edition for me

Besides the MP side of things are my main interest

I believe Morphicon is all to do with the Germany release,505 has nothing to do with it.

I hate to ask this, infact I'm a little embarresed from my ignorence, but is the 505 (United Kingdom and such) release going to have, uhh, American english? I guess what I'm really asking is if the US and 505 areas are going have any language differences, even though both will be in English.

Sorry for my ignorence, but we all have to learn everything eventually, right?

Much of a muchness, really. To convert AmericaniZed english into real english, replace most Z's with S, and insert a "u" into the American words "armor" and "color."

Interesting. Will I be able to play the 505 version just fine in the US? I think that's what I'll do incase that version comes out first, or the US version has Starforce or something. smile_o.gif

It'll be fine, mate. I'm an Australian and I'm going to try and get the Czech version, so fear not.

Checked Electronic Boutique one of the largest video game retailers in Australia. They have a release date in Australia of the 26th of November 2006.

Yep Australian release date is the 26TH NOVEMBER 2006.

So it may be better to wait for the Aussie Version.

I love EB! You're serious? Where is this? WHERE?

EDIT - As most others believe, I thought 505 was handling Aussie distribution, and thus we down under wouldn't get the game till Feb at the earliest...

I love EB! You're serious? Where is this? WHERE?

EDIT - As most others believe, I thought 505 was handling Aussie distribution, and thus we down under wouldn't get the game till Feb at the earliest...

I called another EB and they havn't herd about a release date. So I'll be re-ringing again.

If you guys wanna try the phone number in Australia is

03-9471-4028

It'll be fine, mate. I'm an Australian and I'm going to try and get the Czech version, so fear not.

Checked Electronic Boutique one of the largest video game retailers in Australia. They have a release date in Australia of the 26th of November 2006.

That makes no sense at all.. My educated guess is that they dont know what they are talking about... 505 will publish it in Australia and they are aiming for a February release. That's it.

That makes no sense at all.. My educated guess is that they dont know what they are talking about... 505 will publish it in Australia and they are aiming for a February release. That's it.

Its what I got from the guy at the computer game store. I'm ringing again to get another confomation becuase I was amazed to here it, but when I came in person that's the answer I got.

I am not trying to spread vicious rumors or make up crap. I'm ringing agian to confirm the release date and this time I'll ask for other information such as release dates and publisher info to see if it corrosponds to what we already know about Armed Assault.

++EDIT++ UPDATE

After ringing Electronics Boutique Northland: This is the infomation I got:

In person I asked and was only 26th of November 2006. When I rang up a few hours after I got home they said the release is the 26th of November 2006, but having said that I called other Electronics Boutique stores in Victoria, Australia and they dont have a release date.

So I am treating it as a rumor unless another Electronics Boutique store can confirm a release date.

Sorry about keeping your hopes up but that's the infomation I got, and sorry about misleading your guys, I didn't mean to.

If you wish to call them the phone number is:

(03) 9471 4028

Once again sorry.

ArmA hitting Czech No. 1 Position!

We're delighted to announce that ArmA:Armed Assault is available in stores all around the Czech Republic and reports from prominent online stores JRC.cz and (X)zone.cz indicate that it's their Number 1 best selling game!

source: http://www.bistudio.com/index.php

Hardly surprising considering half the planet will be buying from the Czech Republic..........

why; because BIS seem to have got in bed with a turkey for Uk/worldwide  distribution ;as regards 505 games just look at the website.

http://www.505gamestreet.com/

They have the feel of being a bunch of chancers. all this nonsense about what we want from a special edition, when it is obvious they have not got their act together.

I will one of the thousands keeping them at number one, and when it arrives  will wave two fingers at 505

Quote[/b] ]will wave two fingers at 505

...just to find out that you can´t understand anything in the briefings. Have fun.

505 have to localize for a lot of countries, and this takes time.

If you can´t understand that, do it on your own thumbs-up.gif

If I am going to part with my hard earned cash I prefer to deal with traders that have some form, Armed A is the first PC game that 505 have handled, and obviously on a scale they do not seem equipped to deal with.

Yes I would become a customer of  a new trader ....but,  I would need some reassurance that they mean business and 505 do not seem to give of good vibes, if they have made a niche market with consul games fine, and despite my moaning I wish them well.