Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

If this some kind of Joke this is a Harsh joke... so why the F*ck are they in suitcases.. and a reth of flowers on the right? u sure its not E Yays next Game. wink_o.gif

Well that post was a joke aimed @ E Yay.. but going back to the box's no I didn't know that was the collectors edition box.. I did read and hear of maybe a NATO ammo box... OMG thats made my night.. so I guess they where waiting for distribution. so this also means the Release dates stand.. or atlest look more promising theres going to be no delay biggrin_o.gif

If I were to purhcase the morphicon version and have it shipped here in the states.. Would it be a different version then the english one? would english patches not be compatible etc etc?

I think they only ship to Europe if its software, i belive i saw somthing that said it doesnt ship software to the USA.

Must've been a funny moment getting those through customs. "So uhhh these wooden ammo boxes they contain... computer games?" "Aye." whistle.giftounge2.gif

If it was the latese EA game it wouldn't be in a worn old case, each copy would come inside its very own vintage helicopter or armoured car.

If it was the latese EA game it wouldn't be in a worn old case, each copy would come inside its very own vintage helicopter or armoured car.

Nope, it would be an empty DVD case with a note with key and download link on it tounge2.gif

The concern over not having any publicity or boxes-etc is valid. So is the concern over everyone not having an internet connection.

My additional concern I have is that if the U.S. version isn't released around christmas time with the other releases, sales will be weak in Q1. You miss the Christmas rush and the undisciplined masses will look to other means of solving the problem...and not necessarily good ways.

Perhaps an electronic copy could be available for all in late Nov. and with your purchase have a website coupon key to get a much reduced price on a shipment of the full boxed game when a U.S. publisher is found. This satisfies the collectors and the impatient both.

When the U.S. publisher is found, they "merchandise" the boxed versions previously e-downloaded that are purchased with the discount coupons and sell the regular copies as standard. The advertising and other such activities proceed as usual. Everyone wins or is at least no worse off than had they been forced to wait.

-Nin

The concern over not having any publicity or boxes-etc is valid. So is the concern over everyone not having an internet connection.

My additional concern I have is that if the U.S. version isn't released around christmas time with the other releases, sales will be weak in Q1. You miss the Christmas rush and the undisciplined masses will look to other means of solving the problem...and not necessarily good ways.

Perhaps an electronic copy could be available for all in late Nov. and with your purchase have a website coupon key to get a much reduced price on a shipment of the full boxed game when a U.S. publisher is found. This satisfies the collectors and the impatient both.

When the U.S. publisher is found, they "merchandise" the boxed versions previously e-downloaded that are purchased with the discount coupons and sell the regular copies as standard. The advertising and other such activities proceed as usual. Everyone wins or is at least no worse off than had they been forced to wait.

-Nin

I think this type of post is just a waste of your time. There not of to do this so you have to get used to it. Its already been said that a online download, wont be available untill after the english release.

Nope, it would be an empty DVD case with a note with key and download link on it  tounge2.gif

Nope it would be a buggy pile of poo.. i'm sure they write there games in the same way as the amstrad codes.. miss out one full stop and the whole program go's to shit... errm anyway we are going off topic!!

I think this type of post is just a waste of your time. There not of to do this so you have to get used to it. Its already been said that a online download, wont be available untill after the english release.

Maybe so. But this is something entirely within BIS' control. If they choose not to do so, it is hard to blame U.S. publishers for the situation. If you're right, BIS wants it that way.

That would be disappointing. sad_o.gif

-Nin

Maybe it isn't in their control since the distribution contracts are signed already and I guess that it is clear what BIS can do now and what they can't do...;)

Here's an idea for BIS regarding their U.S "distributor". How about they make a pitch to the U.S army showing how much better the game is compared to America's Army. For a price, let them throw in a U.S Army recruiting splash screen. They can then give out the game for free to Americans willing to give their name to an Army recruiter. Naturally, this would be limited to the U.S.

problem solved wink_o.gifsmile_o.giftounge2.gif

All I know is that there is no US release date.. Its getting me fairly angry. Alienating a huge fan base.. FINE if there is no release date but the game comes out in the Czech Replublic in FIVE days. They haven't even given us an UPDATE on the search for a US Publisher. A simple "We're looking into numerous publishers for the US at the moment, with the impending release in the Czech Republic.. we are very busy around here and we apologize for not including the US in our earlier publisher statements. If we would have worked on it sooner, the US could have been included in the estimated release dates"...

Just think, the 505 area has been anounced, the second Czech Rep. gets their hands on the game, bugs will be spat out, and worked on to be corrected. Thus making it take more man power to cover not only the MP/SP support but for the publisher & making it take twice as long. It'll be Q4 2006 when we get it...

*Internet Distribution* whistle.gif

"We're looking into numerous publishers for the US at the moment, with the impending release in the Czech Republic.. we are very busy around here and we apologize for not including the US in our earlier publisher statements. If we would have worked on it sooner, the US could have been included in the estimated release dates"...

Why do so many people seem to think that the reason they don't have a US publisher is that they just haven't tried to get one?

Blame your US publishing companies ....

I mean do you blame the independant film makers over there when they fail to find distribution channels? Or do you recognise that most production/distribution/publishing companies in the US aren't interested in the little guys, no matter how good their product? When they do sign with an indie company they like to have editorial/content control and will change the product to sell the most units - i.e. make it a mainstream hit at the cost of the original vision.

OFP might have sold 1.5 million copies over 3-5 years but that's nothing compared to the sales of BF1942 and BF2 in their first 2 years. (BF1942 - 3 million in 2 years)

I think some people just want to know the reason why US publishers aren't publishing such a great game. If the community isn't allowed to know why, an explination of that would be nice too. Is it becuase BIS is expecting a contract that is unushual? Are their expectations too high? Are US publishers expectations too high? Do US publishers not like the fact that Idea Games already has their hand in the money pot? Is BIS prohibited from making comments about deals that never came through? Are they not saying anything because they don't want to hurt their bargaining leverage incase someone from a publishers house if evesdropping?

So far the only official response that I've heard is "we make alot of effort to get the attention of publishers (gamers conventions and such)".

Of course BIS doesn't need to tell us anything. Who are we to demand answers? We're just prospective customers. We didn't play OFP for years on end for the benefit of BIS, we played it for fun.

Anyway, it would be very nice of BIS to let the US community know why they are having such difficulty finding a US publisher. If they don't want to let us know, what can you do besides wish them the best of luck.  smile_o.gif

I still dont understand why BIS didnt just release AA in a multi-language format like most other universal games?

Surely it would have been simpler and cheaper to just release the game where you could select your country in the menu options? If I'm correct, all versions have English language speech anyway, so all they had to do was include the language defaults for the menu's?

Not only would it have meant that all players could have purchased just one game, it would also cut down the costs of productions because you wouldnt have to make country specific versions.

Is that too simple an idea to comprehend?

you are soooo wrong. The whole idea is to have different prices in different countries. The Polish and Czech version will be around $30 only. I am sure UK version will be twice that. If there was one version for $60, very few people in Poland and Czech would buy it, piracy would flourish. If there was only one $30 version the dev. would not make as much $$$ as they can.

And of course a Brit will not buy Polish version as it wont be playable for him. And no, there will be no English language in Polish version of the game.

if your saying this release cock up is a master plan to make the dev's more money, i really cant see that happening.

this game is not about money. never was.

Im glad i already ordered mine.

The lack of a US Publisher means that this game isn't going to come out for *at least* 6 months in the US ... the majority of the fan-base for the original OFP is being alienated here and it's just down-right ridiculous. This is not a "publisher" problem, this is a BIS problem.

The lack of a US Publisher means that this game isn't going to come out for *at least* 6 months in the US ... the majority of the fan-base for the original OFP is being alienated here and it's just down-right ridiculous. This is not a "publisher" problem, this is a BIS problem.

Hmm, the majority of the ofp-community is Europeen.

The lack of a US Publisher means that this game isn't going to come out for *at least* 6 months in the US ... the majority of the fan-base for the original OFP is being alienated here and it's just down-right ridiculous.  This is not a "publisher" problem, this is a BIS problem.

how popular this game really was in the USA (OFP I mean)? Maybe way less popular then we all think? Maybe the whole reason is that no one wants to publish it as they think the game wont sell in the USA?

I think that there is a big difference between what publishers think people in the USA want and what people really want. Develop Doom 3 and they will kill each other to publish it, even though this is only brainless shooter. Develop a simulator and they all stay clear as apparently simulators dont sell.

What you guys think?

At least 30% of the players are in North America. The rest are distributed accross Europe.

The lack of a US Publisher means that this game isn't going to come out for *at least* 6 months in the US ... the majority of the fan-base for the original OFP is being alienated here and it's just down-right ridiculous.  This is not a "publisher" problem, this is a BIS problem.

Well i have read that OFP didnt do that well in the USA, as i already mentioned in an earlier post. But what is it with USA that they should have eveything first, or what others already have. Hell living in some countrys a bowl of rice is all your going to get. Its not BIS fault that the game OFP didnt do that well in the USA. I dont remember a mass number of online players from the USA playing OFP, and i played that game from day 1 for 4 years. You all know when the United Kingdom release is out next year, that you will be able to purchase the game anyhow so whats the problem.