Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

Quote[/b] ]Hurray! ArmA at ultra-low settings! 90% of the people who read that interview now lost all interest in the game they might have had.

wheres it say its on ultra low settings? look same as the screenies i seen of most of the people who shouldnt have had it and played on the average pc to me.

This is ArmA with high settings and this is ArmA with low settings

If you cant see the difference you need new glasses wink_o.gif

I never see reviews with low-quality screens but with ArmA, reviewers always crank up the settings when making screens.. confused_o.gif

Maybe the game has a setting like in cod2 where you can choose what directx you run, i know in cod2 running on directx7 gave you better frame rates on slower cards but you did paid for losing quality in the image. maybe Arma has same option ?.

I just hope we dont pay for these adjusments in multi player, a few games i know it pays to turn down ya graphics then snipers laying in grass stand out a mile away. fingers crossed this aint the same with arma.

If you cant see the difference you need new glasses wink_o.gif

I never see reviews with low-quality screens but with ArmA, reviewers always crank up the settings when making screens..  confused_o.gif

Maybe the game has a setting like in cod2 where you can choose what directx you run, i know in cod2 running on directx7 gave you better frame rates on slower cards but you did paid for losing quality in the image. maybe Arma has same option ?.

No it still looks like Dx9 to me, they just put billinear filtering, No AA, and all texture detail/shader options to low.. crazy_o.gif

"Bohužel co se hraní týče, byl jsem nucen snížit detaily na minimum a rozliÅ¡ení na 800x600, abych se dostal alespoň na 25 snímkům za vteřinu (na té samé sestavě - Athlon X2 4400+, GeForce 6800GT 256 a 1 GB RAM - běželo třeba takové Just Cause bez problémůwink_o.gif."

I'm german, and not able to translate passages by myself. It seems that they used the system above ( Athlon X2 4400+ Gf... and so on). And I think the lines before mean that they played with minimum details and a resolution of 800x600, what would explain the low quality of the Screens.

The important thing to note is that the preview + pics are based on the old GC build.

In case somebody is interested smile_o.gif I ordered the German version at www.amazon.de.

It says to me:

Noch nicht versandte Artikel:

Lieferung voraussichtlich: 4. Dez. 2006 - 11. Dez. 2006 1

Verkauft von: Amazon.de

1 Exemplar(e) von: Armed Assault

Verkauft von: Amazon.de

meaning i am going to play at least around 11 december!

Do you know if amazon.de mails outside of Germany?

yepp they do, on the website, go to the "Hilfe" or something like that link on the top right corner and look around till you see english text and they'll be a guide of sort to help you =D

actually Tiscali Games used very old beta version (older than Invex and i think even older than was on GC) for this ...

it was mainly sum-up of 3 missions gameplay

Seriously, I don't want this game for leet visuals, I want it because of how it plays. Nothing that has ever existed on the market comes close to the opf concept in terms of how it depicts squad and platoon level infantry combat. I'm sure a lot of other people from military or ex-military communities would agree with that, and that's why there's so much interest in this game from that section of the gameplaying population. If they can get multiplayer right this time in the age of near universal broadband, this will be a huge winner.

Do you know if amazon.de mails outside of Germany?

You have now the option with Amazon.de for Europa except UK and there is an other way wat you have to figure out in this threat for USA and UK.

I have just checked I can cancel my order with amazon.de and i could use this other fast way, thinking ...

Actually you CAN order at amazon.de if you're in the UK. Just not US and some other countries amazon.de does not ship computer software / games to them.

AGH, for once I wish I lived in Europe. We're screwed living in the US. I'll be lucky to get my hands on a copy before I deploy again this summer crazy_o.gif

AGH, for once I wish I lived in Europe. We're screwed living in the US. I'll be lucky to get my hands on a copy before I deploy again this summer  crazy_o.gif

do you speak Polish? if so, I may get you a copy, my bro will send me one from Poland.

If you dont speak polish, well, yet another thing to regret

Hello folks,

The thing I don’t understand is why they don’t just simply sell the keys for the product only? This is not a potatoes distribution problem, its software, codes, bytes, data.

- Distribution question. No piracy incitative intended -

Why go thru a publisher to sell the game when all we really need is a key to play online because you very well know how it goes. 24 hours after the release, the game will be available via bittorrent, and though it is illegal, it kinda solve the distribution problem doesn't it. Then folks could send money to the makers and receive their key. Much less complicated and everybody is happy. The devs make money, the fans can play and support the makers, and the publisher well… The publisher can burn.

For the publicity usually generated by the publisher, I think the community is doing just a fine job so far.

We can make our own copies yet, we want to support the devs with 1) Money. 2) Feedback and also 3) Play their game, so that they can make more, better and bigger games for us, but how can we do that if the product is not available? There must be a better way to do things crazy_o.gif

In this day n age not having a distributor is a good thing…Unless you’re selling potatoes.

Good Point.. there are afew companys that do the cd key thing. and works out about 20% cheaper for the consumer.. as theres not fancy box's and manuals.. but TBH u can'r beat having the full B*ll*x.

Tick Tock....  Tick Tock 7 Days!!  notworthy.gif .......... Or is it?huh.gif

Why is it so hard to reach publishing agreements? Well if someone figures it out please do enlighten me

I just recently completed negotiations on an acquisition (in the US) and your post struck me as coincidental.

The due diligence analyst that evaluated the merger was mainly a number-cruncher. He was in a position to weigh in on the relationship's net value. As an employee of his firm, you would expect him to ethically make a fair equitable assessment. However, this is when what you would expect to be all business- turns quite personal.

The analyst also has personal stake in the merger. If the analyst allowed the merger to occur, and it not become successful, everyone would look to burn him alive for such a terrible failure. If the merger has a strong ROI, the analyst gets no bonus and is marginalized as simply a facilitator.

The analyst's logical course of action for any relationship, good or bad, is to find all data that can give the impression that the relationships are untenable- and deny them all. This is an internal management failure on behalf of the evaluating company to create a structure that encourages success.

I obviously can't say that is magically the cause of U.S. complications. Clearly, positional disagreement is always a possibility.  But I can say that this scenario can produce results that would externally seem irrational.

If I had a vote, I'd say release all versions at the same time. Don't give concessions to a publisher and let them destroy your vision. Make it an Internet download if you must. I'd hate to see BIS miss out on well-deserved revenue because a certain five-letter country included it in their national half-price store. Or arguably worse, have a tricky publisher gain backdoor control and dumb down your unique genius to the wildly popular ignorance.

-Nin

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Nov. 01 2006,11:21)]
Quote[/b] ]So far the Bohemia Interactive Studio has only found a publisher in the Czech Republik, Germany  (Morphicon), Austria, Poland and Russia. The rest of the world … has to wait longer. There is not even another publisher found for other regions but it is believed that ArmA will be distributed on February 2006.

This site needs some serious updating.

And the coding is plain html from what I can see.

I'm also not sure how this would conflict with the distribution area contracts the publishers got but that's not my business smile_o.gif

Mate I did not aim to win an award for the design or operability of the page. The site is only a tool that has to work... and guess what ?? It works out !! wink_o.gif I have people that have ordered already and are so far very happy!

Hi

Good job man and nice that you did this .

For the mongs who are complaining about the interface get a fucking life .

There are always ppl who mind other ppl business and think they can do it better . i have no respect for those moany bastards their brain need a fast update to but with only 2 baincells they just managed to keep the living living without shit.

Greetings and good job .

Apache

I still dont understand why BIS didnt just release AA in a multi-language format like most other universal games?

Surely it would have been simpler and cheaper to just release the game where you could select your country in the menu options? If I'm correct, all versions have English language speech anyway, so all they had to do was include the language defaults for the menu's?

Not only would it have meant that all players could have purchased just one game, it would also cut down the costs of productions because you wouldnt have to make country specific versions.

Is that too simple an idea to comprehend?

Hello folks,

The thing I don’t understand is why they don’t just simply sell the keys for the product only? This is not a potatoes distribution problem, its software, codes, bytes, data.

- Distribution question. No piracy incitative intended -

Why go thru a publisher to sell the game when all we really need is a key to play online because you very well know how it goes. 24 hours after the release, the game will be available via bittorrent, and though it is illegal, it kinda solve the distribution problem doesn't it. Then folks could send money to the makers and receive their key. Much less complicated and everybody is happy. The devs make money, the fans can play and support the makers, and the publisher well… The publisher can burn.

For the publicity usually generated by the publisher, I think the community is doing just a fine job so far.

We can make our own copies yet, we want to support the devs with 1) Money. 2) Feedback and also 3) Play their game, so that they can make more, better and bigger games for us, but how can we do that if the product is not available? There must be a better way to do things crazy_o.gif

In this day n age not having a distributor is a good thing…Unless you’re selling potatoes.

You think everyone has a good enough internet connection to download a game? Some don't have any net connection. Without a publisher there is no advertising, advertising attracts much more sales. So, a publisher is still needed.

Is that too simple an idea to comprehend?

ummmm, good one.

Just picked up GTR-2. It has a TON of language choices. Same idea you mention.

I'm wondering, with so many publishers who will each have their own final format going into the PC's hard drive will that mean you could buy copies from two different pubs and have two versions(or more) on your PC???

This multiple publishers thing isn't anything new guys!

OFP did have more publishers then only codies

and other games also work with other publishers, but most do have one for America and one for rest of the world or at least something like that. That is not the case for ArmA as we all know. And that makes the multi language problem, we have countries with different publishers and dates next to each other, so to protect the publisher who is on the wrong side of the release dates the game is being localised.

The fact that Morphicon is called the GERMAN publisher must gave it away why it does NOT have the ENGLISH language format in it, didn't it?

If I were to purhcase the morphicon version and have it shipped here in the states.. Would it be a different version then the english one? would english patches not be compatible etc etc?

Noone knows, but I doubt that BIS will want to maintain 3 ArmAs. Besides the game is probably made up so the language is in one file and any updates won't affect this file except maybe new missions or similar.