Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

aaaa, when will the realse come to norway, i just cant wait....

Buy the german version in a month. The community will solve the language issue to make it at least playable. Then we'll get the english one whenever it's out. Or if the demo is really good maybe that'll keep us alive until february 07. Just trying to help wink_o.gif

TBH its probably going to better to wait for the uk release then order one from germany as the game is bound to be buggy at first....just look at ofp when it was 1.0 even at 1.96 there were still bugs....lol  i just hope this time the bugs get ironed out quickly and we dont have to suffer for yrs smile_o.gif

Yeah I think I'll just wait for a UK release. Ian did mention about the Special Edition, so I'll wait and get my mits on one of those... wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]not to forget all the merchant deals you need to arrange. Unless 505 opens a chain of stores in each country they are publishing this..

err there new to pc games not games altogether , if they havent got a large merchant base in all these countries already mate, it wont be 07 it will be 08.

Amazon.de does only send PC Games and Computer Software to the following Countries:

I don't think that list is complete. Norway isn't on that list but they accept my order from Norway... Seems to be only EU countries there.

Which would exclude Norway, wouldn't it? wink_o.gif

From the list, yes - but not from shipping...

Or if the demo is really good maybe that'll keep us alive until february 07. Just trying to help wink_o.gif

yes, hope the demo is good enough to keep us alive for 3 or 4 months untill 505 fix all.

Quote[/b] ]Q: Beside the internal protection system, the new trend of publishers is to add other external protection systems like StarForce (SF) and Punkbuster etc. As far as we know, these external protection systems are being integrated by the publishers themselves. Is there any information on whether 505 Games will use any external protection software?

-For the moment the only information we can give is that we will indeed use a protection software.

Let's all pray that they don't opt for SF... Please no starforce!

Quote[/b] ]Q: Beside the internal protection system, the new trend of publishers is to add other external protection systems like StarForce (SF) and Punkbuster etc. As far as we know, these external protection systems are being integrated by the publishers themselves. Is there any information on whether 505 Games will use any external protection software?

-For the moment the only information we can give is that we will indeed use a protection software.

Let's all pray that they don't opt for SF... Please no starforce!

It wont be PB either, not from disk any ways, theres no news on PB web site that they are making it for arma.

If 505 do use SF, I'll get my copy from elsewhere. I really don't want illegal software on my computer thank you... wink_o.gif

its not illegal... you accept to have it installed in the long list of terms and conditions we all skip through and click 'accept' for.

there are ways of removing it from your system though.

It's illegal (sick bird biggrin_o.gif ) because it damages my hardware. wink_o.gif

And I think if you remove it then you can't play the game...

dont even mention s***f****, seriously, its not funny. I've waited for this game far too long to have it taken away by something like that.

anyhow thats OT, i think.

I have to be honest here, it is a big dissapointment that they wont consider online distribution until after the UK release ,which could be anything up to 5 months away. I have never heard of a situation like this before, where release dates are so spread out.

If anyone else knows of similar situations for other games I'd love to hear about it.

Bit shabby really. sad_o.gif

Play.com....

Quote[/b] ]ArmA:Armed Assault

Pre-order

Due for release on 16/02/2007

our price: Å24.99 Delivered

RRP: Å29.99 You save: Å5.00 (16%)

Linky...

However, personally I don't like play.com much and I'm not sure about the mentioned release date on that site either.

Bit shabby really. sad_o.gif

yea, looks like "total balls up" wasn't such a bad prediction after all.

i still have a tiny bit of faith in BIS sorting out some kind of online download for the full version this side of 2007 though, but it is tiny.

sad_o.gifsad_o.gif

dont hold your breath - the publisher will have a rather large say on online distribution, and given that it wll cut into 505's share of the market, are you suprised that they wont be having an online distribution till after the 505 release?

I have to be honest here, it is a big dissapointment that they wont consider online distribution until after the UK release

I can't find this annoucement, can someone post a link?  If it's true

Ich gehe zu Amazonas

Response when I emailed Idea Games about digital distribution:
Quote[/b] ] HI Jonathan,

we are still discussing ArmA distribution in US. Online distribution won't

be possible before UK release. Thank you for your interest in our game.

J.R.

Jiri Rydl

Marketing & PR

IDEA games

http://www.idea-games.com

sad_o.gif

Looks like UK release is my only option. Getting a foreign version isn't very appealing plus it would probably be more trouble than it's worth.

Bazooka

As requested

Response when I emailed Idea Games about digital distribution:
Quote[/b] ] HI Jonathan,

J.R.

Jiri Rydl

Marketing & PR

IDEA games

sad_o.gif

Looks like UK release is my only option. Getting a foreign version isn't very appealing plus it would probably be more trouble than it's worth.

Very very sad news confused_o.gif

@ Oct. 31 2006,15:41)]
Quote[/b] ] HI Jonathan,

J.R.

Jiri Rydl

Marketing & PR

IDEA games

This is disapointing news for the US market that now has 300 million potential customers. But, whatever - if this decision means that BIS will make more money, so be it. I hust hope they continue to make bigger and better military sims. biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for posting the horrible news!

Not all news can be good and even if they just now found a publisher,the UK has had one since before this so they would have more of the product. Of course in the UK They speak REAL English,so its probable to import it from there.

i was just hoping that 505 games would realise that their flogging a dead horse with the late release, and try to set up a downloadable version (i.e: get their usual cut of the price), but i guess that was hoping for too much. big shame.

4 months is a long time in the gaming industry though, it's not good for the game. but i guess nothing can be done about it.

with any luck BIS will learn from this and the game 2 release wont also be a screw up in a few years time when that finally comes along.

I have more and more bad feeling about this game. Well, hopefully I am wrong! I never followed a release of anything so closely, probably this is the reason.

I have more and more bad feeling about this game. Well, hopefully I am wrong! I never followed a release of anything so closely, probably this is the reason.

I also never followed a release so close as this one. Infact i never did untill now.

I also have a bad.. (ill not say bad feeling) but i think all these different release dates are wrong, shouldn't be like this.

People will order from germany and they should have the version they way without waiting 3 more months.

Thats why i say its wrong. Some people are not able to pay via online, infact im having that problem, can't creat correctly a PayPal account because my visa card don't have the numbers behind for security box..

so im stall, i can't order it online or i will not be able to purshase ARMA by downloading it on the net. And it SUCKS! mad_o.gif

well normally when i have contact jj@idea games he has always emailed me back. This time i have emailed him 2 times, to ask if there will be any news on an online download soon. I can tell you he hasnt replied to both emails, so idont know what this tells me. This has annoyed me because now i have ordered the German version, i will be pretty much peeved of if an online announcment is made soon after the German version.

will somone somwhere clear it up and say if there will be an online download available soon. Placebo you told me to email him to find out. Can i ask why he deosnt reply to this question?? I noted somone else said they had asked the same thing and had no response.