Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

Amazon.de does only send PC Games and Computer Software to the following Countries:

I don't think that list is complete. Norway isn't on that list but they accept my order from Norway... Seems to be only EU countries there.

Which would exclude Norway, wouldn't it? wink_o.gif

But it's not only this way around, try ordering software from Amazon.com from Germany - doesn't work either. I tried to get the (then brand new) VS2005 from them early, but couldn't order it for the same reason. sad_o.gif

I know how you feel Dudester. I'm with you. Actually I would pay an insane price for getting the game in english ASAP. How do you plan to play it with german writings?

Just like ofp.. Armed Assault will be highly moddable.. all i'm guessing is will take a someone to translate the string text found in the file.. and overwrite it.. I give it a week after the german release date b4 it will be avalible to d/load.

Does highly moddable mean highly cheatable.

Not really, because not same game content = desync, crash etc...

But if you speak about hack / hook and other cheat, yeah ArmA will be as vulnerable as any other game. That's why people here mainly play it coop.

I bet the 20 days between czech release and german release (it seems clear now most of us in here will get the german version) will be a real test of my nerves. Reading the "Yahooooo!!" feed-backs of the chosen ones will be very revarding, yet very painful  crazy_o.gif

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Oct. 29 2006,18:53)]@ SniperAndy - Mate I would'nt call that spamming... its spreading an valuable information and not spreading bullxxxx and anyways... how often did you "mention" (I dont use the word "spam" here) the amazon walk-through and stringtable thing ? wink_o.gif

Thanks man! rofl.gif

I guess that would be cause people keep asking the same question over and over again. I can still remember your post a few weeks back when you claimed to have a appointment over at 505 games to cut a deal on ArmA with them etc etc... and I stop now cause Placebo is gonna wake up.

Oh yeah and you might have missed the " tounge2.gif " in that post I made...

no prob mate, I didnt meant to offend you.

We better let this shit slip, we are both aiming to do a favour to the community.

so.. lets make love not war! inlove.gif

I bet the 20 days between czech release and german release (it seems clear now most of us in here will get the german version) will be a real test of my nerves. Reading the "Yahooooo!!" feed-backs of the chosen ones will be very revarding, yet very painful  crazy_o.gif

Think yourself lucky it could be 4 months until us poor mugs in the UK get hold it. sad_o.gif

Response when I emailed Idea Games about digital distribution:

Quote[/b] ] HI Jonathan,

we are still discussing ArmA distribution in US. Online distribution won't

be possible before UK release. Thank you for your interest in our game.

J.R.

Jiri Rydl

Marketing & PR

IDEA games

http://www.idea-games.com

sad_o.gif

Looks like UK release is my only option. Getting a foreign version isn't very appealing plus it would probably be more trouble than it's worth.

i'd assume they dont want to piss off their publishers by cutting their profits by offering online downloads before the publisher releases the game.

12 days until czeh release! smile_o.gif At least then we will get lots of videos and screens yaharr! inlove.gif

Response when I emailed Idea Games about digital distribution:
Quote[/b] ] HI Jonathan,

we are still discussing ArmA distribution in US. Online distribution won't

be possible before UK release. Thank you for your interest in our game.

J.R.

Jiri Rydl

Marketing & PR

IDEA games

http://www.idea-games.com

sad_o.gif

Looks like UK release is my only option. Getting a foreign version isn't very appealing plus it would probably be more trouble than it's worth.

Luckly, we have a member in the UK, rdy to purchase and send us a few dozen copies here in the US!! nener.gif

TBH its probably going to better to wait for the uk release then order one from germany as the game is bound to be buggy at first....just look at ofp when it was 1.0 even at 1.96 there were still bugs....lol i just hope this time the bugs get ironed out quickly and we dont have to suffer for yrs smile_o.gif

12 days until czeh release! smile_o.gif At least then we will get lots of videos and screens yaharr! inlove.gif

Has there been a gold announcement yet? 12 days doesn't sound like a whole lot of time for production...

Has there been a gold announcement yet?

Not that im aware.

time will come smile_o.gif

I am in the USA but I was hoping to get ArmA by mail from my family in Poland. Well, I see that polish relase has been delayed to my birthday (11/24), which is one on one side, but after soooo many delays (at one point I hoped to play OF2 a year ago! ) I am really loosing hopes now....

Do you guys think we will get to play this year?

ps. sorry, I posted this as a new thread, I am not used to the interface of this forum.

Because the amount of the push-back in the Polish release was so little, I doubt there will be any future ones unless there is some sort of mass logisitical failure. You can have faith in the dates that are in place right now until they are announced to change by the publishers themselves.

- dRb

ArmAmods.net Interview with Ian Howe of 505 Games:

Exclusive Interview with 505

Quote[/b] ]Q: It was recently announced on several community sites that 505 Games won’t release ArmA before Q1 2007. Do you have a precise release date yet?

-It is true. We need to localize the game in different languages to offer the players maximum enjoyment and user friendly experience. We do not have a precise date of release, but we can tell you that we are aiming at a February.

well i dont understand if the original is in english, how it is we must wait?

i reference the demo and all tech vids for the english connection.

seems to me once again there is something omitted somewhere ,it dont make sense,if its localised then release it in staggered dates,they wont be setting a presidence because it will have already been out in germany czech r and poland etc.

p.s in reference to marketing excuse. well i think most people know ofp sold thru word of mouth not hollywood style adverts.

just my opinion

player1 setamount of effect on arma release = 0

True, I can't imagine the English version will require much tampering at least. Seems they're gonna lose out on quite a few customers to other publishers between next month and February.

well i dont understand if the original is in english, how it is we must wait?

i reference the demo and all tech vids for the english connection.

seems to me once again there is something omitted somewhere ,it dont make sense,if its localised then release it in staggered dates,they wont be setting a presidence because it will have already been out in germany czech r and poland etc.

he explained why right there in the interview - localising the texts is a small cog of what needs doing - its the manual design, localising, printing that takes a hell of alot oftime for the amount of countries, the CD creating, the advertising for each country, securing advertising slots on tv/magazines etc in each country - the list goes on

having a finished game doesnt mean you have a finished product.

I am in the USA but I was hoping to get ArmA by mail from my family in Poland. Well, I see that polish relase has been delayed to my birthday (11/24), which is one on one side, but after soooo many delays (at one point I hoped to play OF2 a year ago! ) I am really loosing hopes now....

Do you guys think we will get to play this year?

ps. sorry, I posted this as a new thread, I am not used to the interface of this forum.

NO

not to forget all the merchant deals you need to arrange. Unless 505 opens a chain of stores in each country they are publishing this... wink_o.gif

God I'm f*cking depressed..   someone delete the first comment in this thread.

oh and 505 games plz plz plz don't StarF*ck the game!