Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

If you're thinking about preordering the German version of Armed Assault and have any unanswered questions, you can now directly ask the publisher:

Ask Morphicon

Atari could pull it off well enough.

Yea! I'm surprised that Atari didn't pick this one up!

Are you serious?! Thank God Atari didn't touch this one. On one side it would've been released 6 months ago, but has Atari released a single game that was actually ready for release? Every single game they've touched has been released with tons of bugs and max 70% done. Various Matrix games, Driv3r and so on. Sheesh.

It would be really nice to have some new info about online distribution.

If you're thinking about preordering the German version of Armed Assault and have any unanswered questions, you can now directly ask the publisher:

Ask Morphicon

I don't know if they have the time to answer hundreds of requests on "how can I order the german version if I don't life in your distribution area" icon_rolleyes.gif

Rather use this maybe?

How to pre-order @ Amazon.de

This thread guides you through the german order process and you can use your amazon.us or amazon.co.uk or any other amazon account on order checkout and get it send to you between 01.12.-04.12.2006

Luckily I don't live far from German border but I hope those villages there have some shops that will sell ArmA LOL biggrin_o.gif

yeah give 505 a break, noone knows how hopeless or good they are for that matter yet

Well im sure not giving them a break or my money. Ill buy the German version then wait for the online download. The reason for this is that 505 games should of agreed a publishing deal a long time ago...when BIS was looking for a publisher. Surely they must of been approached in the past if BIS were busy looking for a publisher. If i have to fly to Germany next month i will have this game next month. I could do with a break, and i know a few friends that also want the game. So unlcky for some, but not for me, next month ill be on Armed assault giving it some of this pistols.gifpistols.gifnener.gifnener.gif

how can you say such bullsh*t

Quote[/b] ]505 games should of agreed a publishing deal a long time ago
thats just bollocks, for a start 505 didnt even publish PC games so why would they have been looking i bet that the guy in charge thought hold on whats this pc game thats been looking for a publisher for a while, looked into the background of the company saw how popular they were with ofp, and then they proberly had a compnay meeting about expanding to PC then thought about all the pros and cons with publishing ArmA then spoke to BIS/Idea then made a deal and since they are only a european publisher why should they have to publish in america..

wink_o.gif

@ Oct. 25 2006,15:38)]It would be really nice to have some new info about online distribution.

X2

Luckily I don't live far from German border but I hope those villages there have some shops that will sell ArmA LOL biggrin_o.gif

You Käsefresser aren't very popular in Germany judging by what I read when posting on german forums. biggrin_o.gif

j/k

I'm sure there soon will be a translated english stringtable for ArmA after it's out in Germany. When it's out, there should be a thread for it to coordinate work, I'll be surely participating.

Well, there are 12 months. 12 / 4 = 3, so three months in each quarter. I would assume they should be consecutive... so I see no flaw in your reasoning.

lol posh

Ask Morphicon

I don't know if they have the time to answer hundreds of requests on "how can I order the german version if I don't life in your distribution area" icon_rolleyes.gif

They don't have to repeat themselves, one time is enough wink_o.gif

And if you point out the German preorder process that's fair enough, but most people won't buy the proverbial pig in the poke.

Or they'd much rather have the collector's edition. Or ask them about online distribution. Or ask them if Amazon will have enough copy's at their hand to cover not only German demands but international demands, too.

It's not just about how to preorder, you see.

yeah give 505 a break, noone knows how hopeless or good they are for that matter yet

Well im sure not giving them a break or my money. Ill buy the German version then wait for the online download. The reason for this is that 505 games should of agreed a publishing deal a long time ago...when BIS was looking for a publisher. Surely they must of been approached in the past if BIS were busy looking for a publisher. If i have to fly to Germany next month i will have this game next month. I could do with a break, and i know a few friends that also want the game. So unlcky for some, but not for me, next month ill be on Armed assault giving it some of this  pistols.gif  pistols.gif  nener.gif  nener.gif

how can you say such bullsh*t

Quote[/b] ]505 games should of agreed a publishing deal a long time ago
thats just bollocks, for a start 505 didnt even publish PC games so why would they have been looking i bet that the guy in charge thought hold on whats this pc game thats been looking for a publisher for a while, looked into the background of the company saw how popular they were with ofp, and then they proberly had a compnay meeting about expanding to PC then thought about all the pros and cons with publishing ArmA then spoke to BIS/Idea then made a deal and since they are only a european publisher why should they have to publish in america..

wink_o.gif

Dont say "Bollox" or "Bullsh.t" when you have just assumed like me my friend, as i could say the same about your theory. The only thing here is that yes 505 didnt do pc games, but "hey" they do now and could of awhile back, so why is that such bollox, was somthing stopping them like. As for your story about the Guy in charge (could even be Woman) well that and the rest of your story, your assuming just like me. But who cares anyway, ill be playing the game next month.

I certainly hope there's going to be a download option on release day - as I don't see a USA distributor and I've been waiting for the 2nd flashpoint since the day after the first one came out.

I certainly hope there's going to be a download option on release day - as I don't see a USA distributor and I've been waiting for the 2nd flashpoint since the day after the first one came out.

Agreed Completely! But its getting really close to the release day and still no news on the release day for the USA or the online release:hm:

I wouldnt hold your breath, there wont be an online download untill the tortoise with arthritis = 505 Games has released there copy of the game. You will be lucky to see a demo of the game this side of christmas, let alone the full online download.

Ask Morphicon

They don't have to repeat themselves, one time is enough wink_o.gif

And if you point out the German preorder process that's fair enough, but most people won't buy the proverbial pig in the poke.

Or they'd much rather have the collector's edition. Or ask them about online distribution. Or ask them if Amazon will have enough copy's at their hand to cover not only German demands but international demands, too.

It's not just about how to preorder, you see.

Yeah I know...

news on the german special edition will be announced soon anyway. However, you can pre-order with amazon and it doesn't matter if they have enough copies or not as long as your order is placed and you paid for it. Once they reached their max. it will show sold out on amazon. wink_o.gif

I wouldnt hold your breath, there wont be an online download untill the tortoise with arthritis = 505 Games has released there copy of the game. You will be lucky to see a demo of the game this side of christmas, let alone the full online download.

did i miss a post or something ? - what info is this based on ?

if thats true, its a major, major blow.

I would wait what the publishers have to announce in terms of digital distribution before I make such statements....

did i miss a post or something ? - what info is this based on ?

if thats true, its a major, major blow.

they said the SP demo would likely be after the release of the full game, whether that means czech release or UK or similar i dont know. nothing is going to happen not even MP demo untill the game goes gold so i'm hoping that means we'll get the SP demo shortly after german/czech release and not UK but who knows, i wouldn't be suprised if we didn't get a demo b4 xmas but i hope we do obviously

Has there been any word whatsoever about anything relating to Armed Assault's very anticipated release in the US?

Has there been any word whatsoever about anything relating to Armed Assault's very anticipated release in the US?

Since we want to host, and I've been waiting/watching...I can confirm......NO mad_o.gif

Since we want to host, and I've been waiting/watching...I can confirm......NO mad_o.gif

Well It will be available for download at some point, but don't expect that to happen until it's released in UK/english.

Excitement and dissapointment combined is a funny way to launch a game.

BIS, I really hope you have your game plan properly thought out on this one. You make great games, hope the organisation is good here too. The online purchase option is your way to ensure a big bang for your fans at launch - use the option as it won't take many instore sales away from your publishers as only rabid fans like the people posting here will really buy the game online.

Personally, if i hear nothing from BIS on these forums about the online purchase option in the next 2 weeks i will pre-order a german version and get it shipped out to Australia. No way i am waiting for this game any longer than i have to.

A Multi Player Demo would be the best thing they could give the unlucky ones like myself who have to wait untill after xmas or untill they do the download option. Reason being COD2 was released a week or 2 before the uk and i seem to remember cracked copies of the game on torrent sites with cracked server hosting files and i belive the same happend with bf2.

You could say well they had demos out and thats true but the cod2 one was single player. BF2 ok i cant say much as there demo was a multi player.

I just dont want to see a great game go down the drain, bf2 was a big let down for me cod2 is about as tactical as a BUSH speach.

The games got so much following and the hype every week gets bigger and bigger, i just hope its BIS releasing the demo and not the publishers.