Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

505Games will be publishing the game in:

United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Iceland, Ireland, Andorra, San Marino, The Vatican City, Greece, Portugal, Croatia, Serbia & Montenegro, Bosnia, Slovenia, Lichtenstein, Cyprus, Malta, Turkey, Japan. - in the 1Q of 2007.

And where's Hungary???! banghead.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Edit: I bet the catholic pope will have a nice time playing ArmA.

Couldn't find about ArmA publishing in Latvia. As we have some veteran OFP players, I think it would be very nicely if the game will be published here, too. thumbs-up.gif

Couldn't find about ArmA publishing in Latvia. As we have some veteran OFP players, I think it would be very nicely if the game will be published here, too. thumbs-up.gif

Akella will be doing that I think in your country... wink_o.gif

Will the vatican release be in latin or italian? I would love to get this in latin. :-)

Why would they publish a game in the Vatican, The only person I know of that lives there is the Pope. And I dont think he play Flashpoint. tounge2.gif

783 people live in the State of the Vatican City wink_o.gif - languages are Latin, Italian, German, English, Spanish, French, and Portuguese, with Italian being most commonly used. The language of the Papal Swiss Guard is German.

I think the point was that the publisher was being concise in what 'Italy' included, namely Vatican city. Of course you're right that its a little odd... all the residents are clergy, nuns etc... can't imagine they'd be too keen on a soldier sim biggrin_o.gif

783 people live in the State of the Vatican City wink_o.gif - languages are Latin, Italian, German, English, Spanish, French, and Portuguese, with Italian being most commonly used. The language of the Papal Swiss Guard is German.

I think the point was that the publisher was being concise in what 'Italy' included, namely Vatican city. Of course you're right that its a little odd... all the residents are clergy, nuns etc... can't imagine they'd be too keen on a soldier sim biggrin_o.gif

or the other way around...think of that wink_o.gif

Q1 2007  sad_o.gif

Quoted for truth. But let's try to keep our spirits high. There must be some way of playing this game in english before next year.

Quote[/b] ]Why would they publish a game in the Vatican

Swiss army extremists tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Schweizer%20Garde.jpg

They sometimes may need some time-off from their demanding service in the vatican biggrin_o.gif

BTW Donnervogel if you come along here and read this, do you know more about them? I guess they are well trained.

[ig]http://www.abtei-kornelimuenster.de/images/Archiv0601/Schweizer%20Garde.jpg[/img]

They sometimes may need some time-off from their demanding service in the vatican biggrin_o.gif

BTW Donnervogel if you come along here and read this, do you know more about them? I guess they are well trained.

Swiss army knifes!

Quote[/b] ]

Unfortunately for BIS, the pirates will unleash it onto the internet before the release date as per usual and then give it a day or 2 and someone will find out how to overcome the CD/DVD protection system.

And we will put the public Id´s into our banlist on the server immedeatly.

No fun for piracy gamers on the CiA server tounge2.gif

ha. u wish.. i hope they also include the "Fade" so if you dont have proper copy the game fades and fails and yeah YOU WILL BE BANNED! yay.gifyay.gif

I wana see arma on there site [505] hehehe

Akella will be doing that I think in your country...  wink_o.gif

Owe you one, thanks about info wink_o.gif

[im]http://www.abtei-kornelimuenster.de/images/Archiv0601/Schweizer%20Garde.jpg[/img]

Calls for a vatican-swiss guard mod for arma biggrin_o.gif

What if, when the 505 site comes back up, it includes a link: download ArmA: Armed Assault! Available for download from november 10th. Just imagine all the dancing bananas.. smile_o.gif

What if, when the 505 site comes back up, it includes a link: download ArmA: Armed Assault! Available for download from november 10th. Just imagine all the dancing bananas..  smile_o.gif

Hehe yeah, and just imagine their site crashing from the overload... biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

They wouldn't do that, I don't think, because it would comprimize the potential sales of their physical units... which they are spending a lot of money to have made and will be making regardless. This would make the companies whom they have distribution deals with quite angry, I think. I'm no expert, though.

Remove image tags when quoting please.

Well I'll just have to wait for Q1 2007 since I'm in Australia. In the meantime, I'll just have to enjoy the new & old mods that are coming/came out for the original OFP.

Unfortunately for BIS, the pirates will unleash it onto the internet before the release date as per usual and then give it a day or 2 and someone will find out how to overcome the CD/DVD protection system.

I'll buy a few copies for sure and at least 40 for work anyway at realise. In the mean time...

its all very well people commenting that the reason they are taking so long in releasing it in other countries because of the language in game having to be changed but why wait to release in england longer then november 30th as in most of the videos that have been released all i see is english language writing on the bottom. when soldiers speak.

id even pay extra if the game was released on download via a site and then when the release date was in your country they sent you the dvd box of the game. but i suppose thats never going to happen. i just think is stupid releasing the gae in other countries first before others that arent even a stone throw away. and also to release it AFTER xmas in other countries.

Translation is only one reason why it can take so long for a game to reach the shops. Arranging printing, box artwork, manuals takes time. As does arranging and coordinating distribution across 20 countries so the product can be released on the same day. Not to mention the actual act of marketing the game to the general public and more importantly to the wholesalers.

You've got to live in the real world, where nothing happens overnight - even if it might seem that way from the outside. I think the amount of work that goes into the process would suprise many here because you're forgetting so many of the details.

Artwork for the manual and box for example will go back and forth between the graphic design company and the publishers several times before the final layout, imagery and wording are agreed upon.

The box and manual then have to be sent off for printing in huge quanties. The CDs have to be pressed, artwork has to be printed etc in huge quantities. The box, manual and CD are then brought together from their different manufacturers to be combined and sealed. This itself could take months - factories aren't just sitting quiet waiting for Arma to arrive, they have other jobs which need completing before they can start work.

This isn't just done one in one set of factories and one country but several different countries, carefully choregraphed, managed and checked daily so that they are produced ready for the deadlines. That's only the start ... but you should start to get the picture.

Some other things to consider - the smaller publishers e.g. Akella, Lem had already started this process for their territories long before 505 signed as publisher. Just because 505 is bigger, doesn't mean they get the job done any faster, in fact the added complexities of handling so many countries and such a larger number of items actually makes it much slower. 505, being a larger publisher also have other games to publish and can't devote every hour of the day to Arma.