Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

yes.. just for the recorld i was talking about coop servers.. should of stated that fact.

Of course, I'm serious in request for agent.But at first, I have to need a disc of the game for advertising... whistle.gif

We're lucky, Armed Assault is much faster to come than Invasion 44's Market Garden...

Great! After German version is released I think it takes not more than one day until we have user made English stringtable.csv available wink_o.gif.

I don't think so. All the guys understanding German will be busy to play the game wink_o.gif You'd have to find a commercial tranlator to work instead of play I guess wink_o.gif

After all translating all those briefings in decent english (not babelfish senselessness) is quite some work to do in your spare time.

The Campaign Briefings will be in German.

Actually, anything you read will be in German.

Including User Interface, Radio Messages / Sidechat and Briefings of SP Campaign...

Anything you "hear" will be in English.

Apart from some Reporters talking in Intro/Outro Scenes.

But who cares, at least the voices aint in German and that is most important. whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]Jesus mate, 15-20 hours a day?huh.gif

You really need to get out more. Sounds like the cheaters did you a favour if they stopped you sitting in front of a screen for that amount of time.

It's really not healthy, physicaly or mentally.

Come on, look at his username biggrin_o.gif

For caveman:

How can you kill that which has no life?

-Southpark, WoW episode.

I'll probably try to get the German version when it's released. I can speak and read it proficiently enough to understand, methinks. There's no way I can wait until freaking 2007 to play this.

I think they should do a super deluxe collectors tin edition for us poor english speaking/reading people.

This forum wont be that fun visiting after all those obscure countries got their copy and all you can do is sit and watch their screens.

After all, all those pre-game demos we seen, they were all in english, text and sound. Why is the full english version delayed, its gotta be a bigger crowd you would think.

Have you looked at that list 505 is publishing too? How long would it take you to get it in the stores in over 15 countries if you also have to localise the text for places like greek, italy etc etc.

It's not like you get your gold disc and you just quickly press a few thousand copies of arma. there is a bit more to it I would say in my youthful sillyness.... whistle.gif

Armed Assault in the United Kingdom, most of Europe as well as South Africa, Australia, New Zeland and Japan. Release is provisionally scheduled for Q1 2007... the word that intrests me there. Is provisionally!! its a long shot but whos to say.. it could be sooner... na who am i kiding. rofl.gif

Akella has changed the name and the cover so the game should be sold as "Armed Assault" in all countries.

oww they killed it lol... smile_o.gif

To me, it looks like some sort of budget title cover really confused_o.gif . Also covers looks like its an arcade game.

Armed Assault in the United Kingdom, most of Europe as well as South Africa, Australia, New Zeland and Japan. Release is provisionally scheduled for Q1 2007... the word that intrests me there. Is provisionally!! its a long shot but whos to say.. it could be sooner... na who am i kiding. rofl.gif

IMHO..

I doubt these additional countries will affect the release schedule much. We (in South Africa) usually receive UK/European versions of games. No serious publicity is done here (unless by local distributors). As far as I know, 505 is just shipping the games down here. Thats it. Local distribution is someone elses problem.

Have you looked at that list 505 is publishing too? How long would it take you to get it in the stores in over 15 countries if you also have to localise the text for places like greek, italy etc etc.

What do you mean, 505 games was supposed to be the english version, thats the only one I care about.

And releasing over internet would be instant although I really want that box but if there is no printed manual or other goodies I just go with the internet edition.

And I cant see why a international english edition would come later then the non-international releases due in November.

Should we buy 2 copies of arma, first the one that are released in november which we dont understand and then the english one. Its just wrong and it frustrates me to be in that position because like I said, when you german-speaking people have your copy, its not gonna be that fun for the rest of us. smile_o.gif

It's not like you get your gold disc and you just quickly press a few thousand copies of arma. there is a bit more to it I would say in my youthful sillyness.... whistle.gif

well, why brother to localise this into so much countries?

maybe they should be delay all together,

yet those publisher wont allowed this to happened

so lets hope BIS release the dl verson same time as those lucky countries banghead.gif

Well i got some bad news from jiri today. i asked him if he could tell me a store in the Czech republic that could send me a copy of AA to my Country. He told me that he could not think of any store in the Czech Republic that sent Pc games over seas. So i guess im pretty much screwed unless someone here does know a store that will send them. Anyone know of a srore in Germany that would?? Would amazon in Germany send one?? Plz i need answers.

Having just read the last 100 or so posts to this thread, I must say that there are a lot of impolite people writing nasty little remarks, which are indefensible; not to mention infantile. BIS has certainly gained much in the last four years from the ever growing OFP community. Most reasonable people will agree that as a result, BIS has emerged in the world market place as a reputable and responsible game developer. The fact is, that BIS would not be where they are without the OFP community, and the corollary to that is the people who make up the OFP community would not exist if it were not for BIS developing the finest war sim ever produced. BIS is correct and responsible in the way they have cautiously handled the announcing of release dates for ArmA. Any company of integrity will avoid misleading their customers by announcing product information that is incorrect or unlikely to happen. Hell, I'm an American that may never see Arma published on this side of the pond, and if it is, will likely be released long after it is released in Europe, etc. I would remind all the whiners who have lashed out at BIS on this thread, that now is a good time to apologize to our friends at BIS, or just take your toys and quietly go away. wink_o.gif

amen

totally agree with you padre smile_o.gif I'm one of the lucky people on the right side of that big pond so I have to wait a max. of 4months from now and I do understand German a bit so I could even get that version on release date. and here I see people placing insults to BIS when the european publisher was announced

a well, strange world we live in i guess

let the next months come! smile_o.gif

i partly agree with you padre, but i can understand why some people get annoyed when the dates slip again and again. It's a good thing really, as it shows people really want this product, but you have to allow for people chewing at the bit a little when its this close and they've waited so long.

ironpadre is talking from a mature and sensible point of view! The problem from my observations is that there are a lot of immature and insensible people in these forums, who have yet to get a grasp on reality and how the world really rotates! .... Mostly though that the world does not rotate solely around them!  wink_o.gif

ArmA is a game and it will come out when it is ready by all the parties concerned! Patience is something that has to be learned and will be useful in all aspects of life!

soon.gif

When all is said and done, what seems odd is that there isnt a complete English version available from release? I cannot think of any other major PC game that was not first released in English.

After all, English is the second largest spoken language in the World. So what were BIS thinking? If they want good sales then surely you produce a product that will appeal to the majority before releasing versions for small countries like the Czech republic and Germany. The clans I was in during OFP's popularity included many foreign players, from Czech, Germany, Poland, Holland, Sweden, Bulgaria, Belgium and many other small European countries. All of those players could speak fluent English and read English too.

I know for a fact that if Codemasters were still publishing the game then the version that was first released would have been an English one.

well the problem is publisher and i think thats why we have to wait, the german and czech were fast enough to get the version while the rest have to wait cus no one wanted to publish it

ironpadre is talking from a mature and sensible point of view! The problem from my observations is that there are a lot of immature and insensible people in these forums, who have yet to get a grasp on reality and how the world really rotates! .... Mostly though that the world does not rotate solely around them! wink_o.gif

ArmA is a game and it will come out when it is ready by all the parties concerned! Patience is something that has to be learned and will be useful in all aspects of life!

soon.gif

Exactly!

Now tell me this:

Why announce a release date if you know it's not gonna last?

ironpadre is talking from a mature and sensible point of view! The problem from my observations is that there are a lot of immature and insensible people in these forums, who have yet to get a grasp on reality and how the world really rotates! .... Mostly though that the world does not rotate solely around them! wink_o.gif

soon.gif

Exactly!

Now tell me this:

Why announce a release date if you know it's not gonna last?

to quiet down some people who cant wait without having a date to countdown to smile_o.gif