Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

who is this 505 publisher huh.gif The website looks like it's been designed by a flash script kid who plays manga animations all day..... rofl.gif

There isn't even a PC title listed on their website (all Playstation)...so what experience do they have with PC titles.

I hope this 505 website isn't going to be dealing with the support and forums..... crazy_o.gif

I hope this 505 website isn't going to be dealing with the support and forums..... crazy_o.gif

I agree. I assume the Armed Assault Forum here will be expanded to more resemble the OFP one in terms of it's sub-forums and will probably handle most of the traffic. As for the 1Q 07 release, this doesn't worry me as I don't currently have a PC that meets all the minimum requirements of ArmA sad_o.gif

"Q1 2007 release date" Don't hold you're breath on this guy's tounge2.gif . Over the years i have been interested in pc games i have heard all this release date stuff time and time again! I'll bet Å10.00 that Q1 2007 comes and goes, and everyone is still writing about release date's on this forum crazy_o.gif . Best thing to do is just kick back and chil out,don't fall for all the hype and just wait till it eventualy gets released! After all how long as this saga been going on?

I totally agree.

As for the 1Q 07 release, this doesn't worry me as I don't currently have a PC that meets all the minimum requirements of ArmA sad_o.gif

That is one of the positive things for me, I´m too busy this autumn and I do not have money for an upgraded computer until december. I planned to buy a new computer earlier this autumn, I´m glad I didnt.

I will buy my new computer when I can buy arma, not one day before! I will not try it on my old comp..

I wanna be the publishing agent or distributor in our country. Who should I contact for the deal?

rofl.gif good one...

I think he was serious.........

rofl.gif

Thats not true, why do you think BIS chose these people..

as Placebo says "The Developers Develop the game and the Publishers Publish the game" Its the publishers who decide the release dates and information they want to give out to companys.. xmas_o.gif

They have no descion to change the development of the game or they will be dropped as a publisher for the game...

Could it be said then that if a large North American publisher was found that didn't want to ruffle BIS's feathers that Arma could quickly be put to market ?

I'm not well versed in the gaming market which is why it is confusing to me to see so many publishers for one game. Is that normal?

I feel care about Russion publisher: Akella. Russian version will be called: Operation Flashpoint 2: Armed Assault! I think Codemasters won't be pleased...Because of it they can postpone it till 1Q 2007 as it is in Europe.

There's an EDIT button over your old posts for making changes..

As for the name, i just don't think that anybody in Russia really cares what Codemasters think

I didn't see this covered yet, excuse me if I missed it.

Will the German (morph) version include a english option?

Is there any word, rumor or otherwise regarding the North American release ? Who the publisher will be or will we have to order it online ?

Sorry if I missed this one or if it's come up in previous posts.

i'm not to sure so don't quote me on it.. But I thought CM only owned the opertation flashpoint name for europe.. so yeah there still in there rights, if they wanna release it "operation flashpoint 2 armed assault" using this title, in other countrys.. but having to release the same game but with diffrent titles depending on the dotted line with CM.. will get confusing.. ie having half the globe where there within there rights to release it ofp2 and other contrys where there not.. and if say CM did bring out there OFP2 omg see its turning into a head FÅ$k already! but aslong as armed assault is in the title theres no confusion.. like i said don't quote me on this!

Akella has changed the name and the cover so the game should be sold as "Armed Assault" in all countries.

Akella has changed the name and the cover so the game should be sold as "Armed Assault" in all countries.

not as "Armed Assault" but as "ArmA: Armed Assault" wink_o.gif

I didn't see this covered yet, excuse me if I missed it.

Will the German (morph) version include a english option?

if I understood correctly the answer would be no

And this is was I just read on virtualbattlespace.info:

"English Voice in Morphicon's Armed Assault!"

Morphicon has just confirmed that the German Version of Armed Assault will come with English voice.pbo. Only the text (stringtable.csv) will be in German and some Reporters in the Intro/Outro scenes of the Game. This means that also non Germans can now enjoy Armed Assault on his release date (30.11.2006)."

But if you cant read the briefings in english its gonna be tough?

As for all of this.....

Discussion over publishers et. al...

I could suggest a little comparison...

Microsoft Flight Sim.... now up to version X... rofl

and yet as 'good' as it is... it has quite a few seriously 'faults'

a very very successful competitor... and yet widely 'unknown' (not really... the ones who know are the ones actually heavily into flight simming not just playing at it...)

X-Plane...

Austin Meyer didn't wait for anyone to do it for him... he took the bull by the horns and did his own marketing....

check out www.x-plane.com and you'll get an idea of what I mean....

Flight sim you can make a box fly if you input the 'data' for it and make it work

X-plane actually models wing surfaces, fuselage shape, engine performance etc... It actually simulates the performance of how an aircraft 'flies'

I put OFP in that regard as opposed to BF2, MOHAA, et al... those are combat 'games'.... OFP is more of a military simulator

normally the German games got more languages available!

so it would be really strange if they delete the English text, to have only German text.

makes no sense in my view...

And this is was I just read on virtualbattlespace.info:

"English Voice in Morphicon's Armed Assault!"

Morphicon has just confirmed that the German Version of Armed Assault will come with English voice.pbo. Only the text (stringtable.csv) will be in German and some Reporters in the Intro/Outro scenes of the Game. This means that also non Germans can now enjoy Armed Assault on his release date (30.11.2006)."

But if you cant read the briefings in english its gonna be tough?

Great! After German version is released I think it takes not more than one day until we have user made English stringtable.csv available wink_o.gif.

Great! After German version is released I think it takes not more than one day until we have user made English stringtable.csv available wink_o.gif.

I don't think so. All the guys understanding German will be busy to play the game wink_o.gif You'd have to find a commercial tranlator to work instead of play I guess wink_o.gif

After all translating all those briefings in decent english (not babelfish senselessness) is quite some work to do in your spare time.

After all translating all those briefings in decent english (not babelfish senselessness) is quite some work to do in your spare time.

In my humble opinion some newer machine translators fare surprisingly well these days with german written in formal tone (as opposed to typical forum postings with less than stellar grammar).

It's not going to be pretty but it at least should give me some kind of general idea what to do. wink_o.gif

oww they killed it lol... smile_o.gif

Well find a good server.. been playing ofp for 4 odd years.. although not played it in a while, as long as u find a good sever TBH your not going to find many cheaters.. In the 4 years playing on the LOL server www.nakedsquid.com I prob had to kick about 6 ppl.. thats what I love about this game.. yeah its probaly one of the crapist anti-cheat systems around.. but most of the comunity are mature enough not to cheat.

.........................................................................................

Much of this reputation is perhaps caused by the fact that there is a large number of players from the military community. Although it is extremely easy to cheat in Operation Flashpoint, players rarely run into cheaters as often as in, for example, Call Of Duty..

quoted from wikipedia

Seems like u havent played the game that much then, when ofp first came out i spent 20hrs a day playing the game then after about 6months doing that my body cried out for abit more sleep...lol, so i used to game 15hrs a day then, but the amount of cheaters i used to see in the game was unreal, take the ones using wireframe,speed cheats to name a few. it is true ofp and AA have to have the most stupidest anti cheat systems around, but the funniest i find is most servers now use a file checking one....lol how stupid can u get, they are the ones that seem to still have cheaters on them in fact some of them that own the servers are the biggest cheaters in the game.and these are so called mature players....more like immature

Well find a good server.. been playing ofp for 4 odd years.. although not played it in a while, as long as u find a good sever TBH your not going to find many cheaters.. In the 4 years playing on the LOL server www.nakedsquid.com I prob had to kick about 6 ppl.. thats what I love about this game.. yeah its probaly one of the crapist anti-cheat systems around.. but most of the comunity are mature enough not to cheat.  

.........................................................................................

Much of this reputation is perhaps caused by the fact that there is a large number of players from the military community. Although it is extremely easy to cheat in Operation Flashpoint, players rarely run into cheaters as often as in, for example, Call Of Duty..

quoted from wikipedia

Seems like u havent played the game that much then, when ofp first came out i spent 20hrs a day playing the game then after about 6months doing that my body cried out for abit more sleep...lol, so i used to game 15hrs a day then, but the amount of cheaters i used to see in the game was unreal, take the ones using wireframe,speed cheats to name a few. it is true ofp and AA have to have the most stupidest anti cheat systems around, but the funniest i find is most servers now use a file checking one....lol how stupid can u get, they are the ones that seem to still have cheaters on them in fact some of them that own the servers are the biggest cheaters in the game.and these are so called mature players....more like immature

Jesus mate, 15-20 hours a day?huh.gif

You really need to get out more. Sounds like the cheaters did you a favour if they stopped you sitting in front of a screen for that amount of time.

It's really not healthy, physicaly or mentally.

quoted from wikipedia

Jesus mate, 15-20 hours a day?huh.gif

You really need to get out more. Sounds like the cheaters did you a favour if they stopped you sitting in front of a screen for that amount of time.

It's really not healthy, physicaly or mentally.

i cant sit on my computer for more than 2 hours before i feel sick and need to take a rest.. must have no life.. and also his elecricity bill must be high crazy_o.gif