Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

Yay i finish studying in the states late december this year, then after my brief stop over in europe, i should be able to have (hopefully) a copy of ArmA when i get home. yay.gif

I've just visited 505's website and... well... I mean, they only seem to sell console games... they don't feature a PC game lineup on their site...

If I follow my chain of thoughts correctly either something doesn't add up or something is plain wrong...  confused_o.gif

Edit: Or else that distributor has really found a way to get into the PC games market!!! welcome.gif

as was mentioned on the previous page, Bohemia have opened a window for this game to be pirated between Nov and the Q1 2007 release date banghead.gif

also by the time it comes to the rest of europe and the US Q2 2007 the cheating fags would prob be bang upto date pistols.gif

i just hope that it all ends well as we've been anticipating this Q3 2007 release for a long time now crazy_o.gif

Live the Dream guys, its all fun, roll on Q4 2007 goodnight.gif

as was mentioned on the previous page, Bohemia have opened a window for this game to be pirated between Nov and the Q1 2007 release date   banghead.gif

You are on the wrong forum, it was 505's decision, not BISs tounge2.gif

I'm still waiting for confirmation but the information I've received is that the 505 deal includes: South Africa, Japan, Australia & New Zealand amongst other countries, full list is:

United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Iceland, Ireland, Andorra, San Marino, The Vatican City, Greece, Portugal, Croatia, Serbia & Montenegro, Bosnia, Slovenia, Lichtenstein, Cyprus, Malta, Turkey, Japan.

Hungary out of sight...

Why they just couldnt release the game everywhere in the world on the same day i will never know, the amount of cheaters there will be in this game just sucks. i dont think i will even bother buying this game as i left OFP because of cheaters spoiling it,

im going to blame the community for most of the cheater coming into the game as how many said they didnt want steam or PB, Also how many said they would rather have a box copy of the game then download it...Now think if you had kept your traps shut, we wouldnt be worrying about cheaters and pirates of the game we once loved.

Well find a good server.. been playing ofp for 4 odd years.. although not played it in a while, as long as u find a good sever TBH your not going to find many cheaters.. In the 4 years playing on the LOL server www.nakedsquid.com I prob had to kick about 6 ppl.. thats what I love about this game.. yeah its probaly one of the crapist anti-cheat systems around.. but most of the comunity are mature enough not to cheat.

.........................................................................................

Much of this reputation is perhaps caused by the fact that there is a large number of players from the military community. Although it is extremely easy to cheat in Operation Flashpoint, players rarely run into cheaters as often as in, for example, Call Of Duty..

quoted from wikipedia

Quote[/b] ]Quote (Placebo @ Oct. 13 2006,14:00)

I'm still waiting for confirmation but the information I've received is that the 505 deal includes: South Africa, Japan, Australia & New Zealand amongst other countries, full list is:

United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Iceland, Ireland, Andorra, San Marino, The Vatican City, Greece, Portugal, Croatia, Serbia & Montenegro, Bosnia, Slovenia, Lichtenstein, Cyprus, Malta, Turkey, Japan.

What huh.gif No Baltic States ? Oh Comeon this is total bollox, this means, Baltic States: Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, wont get this game never ? Jezus Christ... Becouse of all this Publisher thing, I bet there will happen alot of piracy... becouse of these release dates...

What huh.gif No Baltic States ? Oh Comeon this is total bollox, this means, Baltic States: Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, wont get this game never ? Jezus Christ... Becouse of all this Publisher thing, I bet there will happen alot of piracy... becouse of these release dates...

I'm pretty sure russian version will be available (in Lithuania at least, we have a local publisher which distributes Akella's games). If you want english version... well, buying online might be a thing to consider.

I don't care, I speak German and English, so i'm getting my hands on everything that comes first smile_o.gif

Ja, Ich auch... wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Quote (Placebo @ Oct. 13 2006,14:00)

United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands,  Belgium, Luxembourg, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Iceland,  Ireland,  Andorra, San Marino, The Vatican City, Greece, Portugal, Croatia, Serbia & Montenegro, Bosnia, Slovenia, Lichtenstein,  Cyprus, Malta, Turkey, Japan.

What huh.gif No Baltic States ? Oh Comeon this is total bollox, this means, Baltic States: Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, wont get this game never ? Jezus Christ... Becouse of all this Publisher thing, I  bet there will happen alot of piracy... becouse of these release dates...

So what? Order it from play.com and it'll probably be even cheaper as well. wink_o.gif

Yeah, online, oh damn right, pff im fustrating here for nothing, we got here in Latvia also the 1C and/or Akella, ops, heheh, forgot pfff... banghead.gif Was too fustrated when saw that post about those regions, and Baltic states were excluded, false-alarm. And totally forgot about the e-shops, I'm just waiting this game so much, that I totally forgot :/

as was mentioned on the previous page, Bohemia have opened a window for this game to be pirated between Nov and the Q1 2007 release date banghead.gif

You are on the wrong forum, it was 505's decision, not BISs tounge2.gif

maybe someone can clarify this for me.

What your saying is, once a publisher is found the developer losses control of things? They have no influence on release dates or advertising and marketing.

Do the publishers have a background in game design? Or they just do market research and say to the developer "We researched your market and the gaming population won't like it this way, so change it?"

No offense to anyone, but sounds like a stupid way for a industry to run.

So I guess I am more confused by the amount of publishers involved in this. It seems after the CM debacle that you wouldn't want the chance of a repeat, but now there seems to be a large amount of possible repeats with so many pubs.

I can see why EA and the big boys make mucho bucks. Either by buying up the developers into the EA family, or strong arm them out of the control of there game.

It actually reminds me of a industry that i am involved in. Automotive.

A designer brings about a car concept that makes the public excited. The company takes that concept, dumbs it down and generalizes it to the point no one is excited anymore. Then they wonder why the car concept was popular and the car product sucks balls.

I wanna be the publishing agent or distributor in our country. Who should I contact for the deal?

I wanna be the publishing agent or distributor in our country. Who should I contact for the deal?

rofl.gif good one...

"Q1 2007 release date" Don't hold you're breath on this guy's tounge2.gif . Over the years i have been interested in pc games i have heard all this release date stuff time and time again! I'll bet Å10.00 that Q1 2007 comes and goes, and everyone is still writing about release date's on this forum crazy_o.gif . Best thing to do is just kick back and chil out,don't fall for all the hype and just wait till it eventualy gets released! After all how long as this saga been going on?

After all how long as this saga been going on?

i would say almost like 2 years smile_o.gif

what happened to the rumors that the later releases were going to have the updated versions of the game? huh.gif

I'll bet Å10.00 that Q1 2007 comes and goes, and everyone is still writing about release date's on this forum crazy_o.gif

I'll take that bet - well not with that exact wording, but that Arma will be released by 505 in Q1 2007.

Most other game delays have centred around development not being complete for the publisher target date. Arma is complete now and the target date is still 3+ months away.

So I guess I am more confused by the amount of publishers involved in this. It seems after the CM debacle that you wouldn't want the chance of a repeat, but now there seems to be a large amount of possible repeats with so many pubs.

Thats not true, why do you think BIS chose these people..

as Placebo says "The Developers Develop the game and the Publishers Publish the game" Its the publishers who decide the release dates and information they want to give out to companys.. xmas_o.gif

They have no descion to change the development of the game or they will be dropped as a publisher for the game...