Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

In 2007Q1 ArmA will include one or two Service Pack...

Is it the publisher that does all the language localization? I'm guessing BIS does the English/Russian/Czech languages, but with that long list of countries that 505 is doing, if they have to create a stringtable for each language, that'll take a while.

For the Vatican, they'll have to convert all the audio into Gregorian chants. That should make for a surreal campaign.

;P

505 confirmed that list!

Imagine all the Cardinals joining the server for some good AI bashing rofl.gif

whats a peer? anyways i trust bis. I'll buy the game when i got money even if my comp wont handle it too good.  biggrin_o.gif

In this case a "peer" would be a similar simulation. There is nothing (except VBS1) that can compare to OFP. Thus I guess OFP has only one peer, VBS1. (Soon to be two peers when ArmA escapes or is released. I am mounting missions to free ArmA as soon as possible)

Some other examples of peers... Quake and Unreal Tournament would be peers. Both are FPS "arcade-bunnyhoppers" set in totally fictional settings. BF2 and Americas Army would be peers, both are Flashpoint wanna-bes! LOL. Please hold your flame throwers, I have nothing against any other game. To each his own, live and let live. I'm just kidding around.

and yes, exactly, that list shows the extent of the work 505 have ahead of them, hence Q1 2007

Q1 ?? Maybe Q4 2007.

I am stunned that our stupid country (south Africa) is even on there although i think we will probably be the last on the list. I am going to pray to god tonight to please bring me a AA copy. goodnight.gif

I am mounting missions to free ArmA as soon as possible

Count me in! We know it's there. Now we just gotta take it! The Free ArmA Clan is founded.

Something I found interesting in the announcement was

"Release is provisionally scheduled for Q1 2007"

I have never liked the word "provisionally" it implies doubt. As in "it could be H1"

or it could mean in some regions before Xmass ... You just assume smile_o.gif

Very true, but how often have you heard of a release being brought forward.

Well i congratulate 505 for signing a finished game. Wich means we get it 3-6 months (who knows) after the Czech release. To say BIS have been waiting for so long for a publisher i think 505 boarded ship a little to late. For me thats no achievement or success by them. Why wait so long when ofp sold over 1 million copys of the game?? Well its the Czech publisher or German one that will get my cash. Message to 505 games, if you get asked to be best man at a wedding you need to turn up on time.

USA distribution problem solved.

I'm signing up for German and Chech language classes at the local community college. yay.gif ;-)

USA distribution problem solved.

I'm signing up for German and Chech language classes at the local community college.   yay.gif  ;-)

No, it HAS to be available for download in english. Come on now, all sing: WE WANT DOWNLOAD! WE WANT DOWNLOAD!

Very true, but how often have you heard of a release being brought forward.

this morning when my boss said "the next code release has been brought forward from friday next week, to monday".

....and no, don't ask how my day's been.

Not good. 2006 release in Germany + 2007 release in rest of EU + broadband connections = rampant piracy.

They've got to release it earlier or they are f**ked, I know I'm not able to wait for official release date in Finland but at least I'm enough of a fan to buy real thing whenever it comes available around here. But not too many people will be...

Time to dig up my old German schoolbooks.

Not good. 2006 release in Germany + 2007 release in rest of EU + broadband connections = rampant piracy.

Yes, same happens with most popular German games aswell which sometimes are released also months before english release. crazy_o.gif

edit: typo crazy_o.gif

Well thats why it would of made so much more sense to have the Online download available. There will always be piracy, but i fear that this game will get it bad due to the long delay in release compared to Czech, German, poland...ect

I'm sure the Pope will be praying for us with all of the rest of the vatican city for ArmA to be released online before christmas, as they can't play at that time and will be much to busy.

But atm (can't believe I'd ever say something like this) I'm keeping myself busy with BF2143, it's better then molesting F5 buttons around here.

I'm really happy to have it 100% confirmed that 505 will distribute here in Holland smile_o.gif but still I'm thinking of taking that trip to Prague, love the special edition yay.gif

Yep, that's what I fear the most. This is one of the reasons I think this unsyncronized release in Europe is far from sensible.

Europe needs to have the same released date or at least the same month, because psychological (and physically) we are very close to one another and therefor, borders doesn't matter so much when it comes to games in Europe.

It's like releasing very well-known game only in Tennessee and excludes the other U.S. states, you just don't do it. It isn't fair for the other states. I know maybe that is a bad example since everyone speaks english, but I kind of feel like this also goes for Europe to some extent, it does that to me at least.

Yep, that's what I fear the most. This is one of the reasons I think this unsyncronized release in Europe is far from sensible.

Europe needs to have the same released date or at least the same month, because psychological (and physically) we are very close to one another and therefor, borders doesn't matter so much when it comes to games in Europe.

It's like releasing very well-known game only in Tennessee and excludes the other U.S. states, you just don't do it. It isn't fair for the other states. I know maybe that is a bad example since everyone speaks english, but I kind of feel like this also goes for Europe to some extent, it does that to me at least.

well its only the text that is different. The voices are English, wich makes for more of a cockup. Even German players are complaining that the text should be english.

Great, can't wait to hear the news. smile_o.gif

By the way, I didn't know the Pope was waiting for Armed Assault tounge2.gif

How did they call him in England? Panzer Pope iirc? Fits with ArmA if you ask me. biggrin_o.gif