Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

All the dates are in the first post wink_o.gif On this thread. People cant be that lazy tounge2.gif

any news on the supposed British&Australian publisher that BIS supposedly tricked into selling Arma ? :P Or is 505 releasing in the UK as well? In any case, I hope that the download option is availaible at the same time as it hits the shelves in the Czechoslovakia, otherwise the southern sahrani troops might get overrun before i get there, and that would be a shame.

otherwise the southern sahrani troops might get overrun before i get there, and that would be a shame.

well put wink_o.gif I might even join the other side tounge2.gif

....and the proposed copy protections / languages of each ! (he says, bouncing up and down like a kid)

any news on the supposed British&Australian publisher that BIS supposedly tricked into selling Arma ? :P Or is 505 releasing in the UK as well? In any case, I hope that the download option is availaible at the same time as it hits the shelves in the Czechoslovakia, otherwise the southern sahrani troops might get overrun before i get there, and that would be a shame.

thats 505

I'd hate to think how BIS expect whole countries to have to try and compete in AA with other gamers who would have had the game for 2 months already.

If the publishing dates are as published it will certainly put paid to many OFP leagues because the whole of Europe will not have the game at the same time. And lets remember that the UK and the US has the majority of players of the game.

remember, they can download the game just like the rest of us.

-- if the download date shifts back (or indeed, turns out to be) Q1 2007, *then*, (and only then), it's time to throw all the toys out of cot. :-)

year after year... release date after release date...Italian people we are here...

WITHOUT RELEASE DATE for ArmA mad_o.gifbanghead.gif

GIVE US AN EXACTLY DATE!!!!! PLEAAASEEEEE! notworthy.gif

Well, and now, confirmed dates and countries.

Country Publisher Date

<span style='color:red'>Europe 505 Games Q1 2007</span>

Austria Morphicon 30/11/06

Czech Republic BIS&JRC&CQE 10/11/06

Germany Morphicon 30/11/06

Poland Lem 10/11/06

Russia Akella 28/11/06

Switzerland Morphicon 30/11/06

Slovakia BIS&JRC&CQE 10/11/06

how fair is this?

Im not sure if this has been answered yet I couldnt find anything...

Ok so Im over here in the US so If I wanted to buy online would I be able to get an English Copy somewhere?

Could someone please clarify How the online is going to work?

thx in advance,

Meat

Are the below dates still current or is this for eveyone, and has this been confirmed???
Two small points before I remind people that flaming/flamebaiting aren't tolerated on these forums.

1. The release date announced by 505 today relates solely to the countries that they will be publishing in, the previously announced release dates are unchanged.

2. Publishers decide release dates, we have no input at all in such decisions, we're the developer, our job is simply to make the best damn game we can, that's what we're doing.

Now please, I understand how frustrating life can be at times, but remember these forums are here to serve everyone, impassioned arguing even if good intentioned is still arguing, it will still result in a ban from the forums, I really don't want that to have to become necessary for anyone.

Page 33.

Whilst it has been announced that ArmA will be available via an online distribution system we haven't confirmed when, what languages, what distribution system, and at present I have no further information to release about ArmA's online distribution.

Imho is really strange for BIS to entrust to an unknown publisher (like 505) for the virtual sequel of OP .... 505 has pubished no PC games.

Again ..maybe they're making an European market research but looking at the whole story (delay, publisher, and so on) it may even happens that AA will never be published ... hope to be wrong of course icon_rolleyes.gif

LOK

Page 33.

Whilst it has been announced that ArmA will be available via an online distribution system we haven't confirmed when, what languages, what distribution system, and at present I have no further information to release about ArmA's online distribution.

All I can say is, please try hard for a multi-language online distribution system that aims for a November release like the other confirmed countries. thumbs-up.gif

Page 33.

All I can say is, please try hard for a multi-language online distribution system that aims for a November release like the other confirmed countries. thumbs-up.gif

if you go round the office now and call a meeting to decide the above issues, i promise i'll send you jaffa cakes.

.. i can even upgrade to twiglets if that's prefered ?

I'll send cola cubes.

If the online availability isn't close to being in place it doesn't look good to have it available for november sad_o.gif man I wish I could hibinate until Q1 2007 icon_rolleyes.gif

Ok ill ask this question again and hope to get an answer. Seems everytime i ask the question, i never get an answer. I myself have given up on a UK publisher for now (505 games 2007) lmao.

I want to know where i will be able to get the Czech Version, so that i can be playing the game next month. Im bored of seeing the screen shots now and i dont want to see more screen shots, of all the Czechs enjoying themselves when the Czech version is released.

Has anyone got a link in English that would import this game for me. As for 505 games or whatever there called you wont be getting my money releasing the game 4 months after the game is complete. I mean it will be like second hand, budget software by then.

Quote[/b] ]I mean it will be like second hand software by then.

Not giving the answer Dudester but totally agree with u .

LOK

I was just thinking.. how hard will it be to play the game with czech menus? The audio language will still be english, wont it? So that leaves only the menus and the manual? Or am I wrong here?

for those answers and official ones we need to wait alittle more.

we were promised 2 demos near the release dates.

one month for the latest release.

i believe soon we will see a link for those demos.

After that we can see how the game is and if its worth buying it or not.

We will have time to think after a demo.

let it come when the right time comes. Hope is soon, very soon.

be worth asking 505 what price they are going to sell it at, seeing as its going to be really old by the time its out in europe. Maybe it'll go right onto the bargain bin :-)

So we know that the Czech version won't be in English, but did we hear about the German version yet? That could still be in English couldn't it?