Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

As this thread is titled "Confirmed release dates and countries" any discussion of a speculatory nature is both moot and distracting for people who simply want to find actual facts.

one way or the other, i can see this release turning into a total balls up.

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Sep. 20 2006,11:08)]I can only again say what I was told by Morphicon on the phone.
Quote[/b] ]The salesmanager of Morphicon told me that the current version in development for the German market includes four languages (german, english, french and czech). It is still unclear wether this will be changed for the final version. For sure, even the German version will be partly in English. Especially commands, orders and the radio will be in english. Furthermore he told me that, due to his daily phone contact to BIS, he assumes that BIS will not have the time to remove the other languages. Date of Info: 18.09.2006

This is what I heard and this is what I rely on. Also the Morphicon employee told me that I should call again on Friday to get a more precise answer.

Of course I can picture that BIS wont be happy that some single private guy takes up the work of an outter Germany publisher, but this is not my fault.

It is legal to buy as many copies as I want and do whatever I want with them (either destroy the discs or send them off to EU, this is my decision aint it?)

What I'm doing here is for the sake of the OFP/ArmA players, waiting for 2 years when ArmA was postponed. I care more for the players to be happy and satisfied than the publisher.

And please if you look closer to the quoted text you will realize, that I also wrote that Morphicon still does not know anything for sure. So whats your point ?

If you are honest about it (and I think you are), this is a very nice gesture of you, and you can expect an order from me, unless someone decides to publish it here in Denmark.

As this thread is titled "Confirmed release dates and countries" any discussion of a speculatory nature is both moot and distracting for people who simply want to find actual facts.
SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Sep. 20 2006,11:08)]This is what I heard and this is what I rely on. Also the Morphicon employee told me that I should call again on Friday to get a more precise answer.

Of course I can picture that BIS wont be happy that some single private guy takes up the work of an outter Germany publisher, but this is not my fault.

lets wait till friday for more confirmations. yay.gif

one way or the other, i can see this release turning into a total balls up.

thats what happens without a world wide publisher.. jesus at leaste codies got the game into stores right through britain on the right day... wink_o.gif

Im sure us guys wont mind u using Codies Uk to Publish right??? whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]And please if you look closer to the quoted text you will realize, that I also wrote that Morphicon still does not know anything for sure. So whats your point ?

My point is that Morphicon said you're full of ****...You should get a mail from Morphicon today I guess...

You said you got a appointment on Friday with the Sales Manager. Now you say you been told to call in on Friday for more informations. etc etc... just re-read your own posts.

And I stop now before Placebo goes all weird on us...

Even if it concerns ArmA these forums aren't meant for commercial ads. You are also trying to sell a product which you're not even sure exists. It's also questionable if your allowed to ship a game to other countries if some publisher has gained the rights to publish it. The world isn't an open market.

I suggest you investigate it further and make sure that the product is what you're hoping for before you begin to market your business.

Well then, I guess we have to sit quietly like good little boys and girls until we receive the next confirmation, that or I decide that I really, actually don't mind too much being ignored smile_o.gif

Perhaps we can go back to discussing official confirmed information, let's see how that goes smile_o.gif

Hi Everyone,

I want to know when ArmedA release for Australia?

Regards

Parto help.giffirefoxlover.gifbanghead.gif

is there no way we can get release dates from one source. e.g: BIS/placebo posting this thread ? -- seems a bit silly everyone trawling the net to find dates. surely BIS knows the dates. at least, i hope they do.

is there no way we can get release dates from one source. e.g: BIS/placebo posting this thread ?

The arrangements for publishing deals are nothing to do with me and I seldom receive information about them before anyone else does. Anyone wanting to find out information for their specific region should contact IDEA Games: http://www.idea-games.com/index_main.php?id=contact

A News on OFP.info says ( !RUMORs! ):

Quote[/b] ]It seems that Armed Assault will be published in Russia by the Akella company under the surprising name of Operation Flashpoint 2 : Armed Assault! Akella decided to rename the game using the "Operation Flashpoint" brand name, which is still belonging to Codemasters, and it is highly unprobable that they obtained an authorisation or agreement from Codemasters about it!

Codemasters' lawyers are probably already sharpening their knives...

Codemasters vs Akella : Round 1 27. 9. 2006, 11:12:28 LINK

Akella: ArmA HP (I can't read cyrillic so I can't say anything about it)

aa_s.jpgPIC (bigger)

But I hope BIS will do something about it ... or lets say will not get any probs because of that.

It somehow reminds me of this: Max Payne Misspellings

But Russia and "SOFTWARE publishing" is a hot thing smile_o.gif If you check the "Max Payne Misspellings" link you will find on the pic some nice Max Payne 2 Mods smile_o.gif SOLD as GAMES smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]It seems that Armed Assault will be published in Russia by the Akella company under the surprising name of Operation Flashpoint 2 : Armed Assault! Akella decided to rename the game using the "Operation Flashpoint" brand name, which is still belonging to Codemasters, and it is highly unprobable that they obtained an authorisation or agreement from Codemasters about it!

Akella: ArmA HP

But I hope BIS will do something about it ... or lets say will not get any probs because of that.

But Russia and "SOFTWARE publishing" is a hot thing smile_o.gif If you check the "Max Payne Misspellings" link you will find on the pic some nice Max Payne 2 Mods smile_o.gif SOLD as GAMES smile_o.gif

Akella most likely has a much better understanding of russian trademark law than we do.

From what I know trademark law in russia is very odd. Many very large european companies have had their trademarks "stolen" in russia, and there appears to be little they can do about it.

Akella most likely has a much better understanding of russian trademark law than we do.

From what I know trademark law in russia is very odd. Many very large european companies have had their trademarks "stolen" in russia, and there appears to be little they can do about it.

Lesson one in pure communism - sharing, my friend... tounge2.gif

Codemasters vs Akella : Round 1 27. 9. 2006, 11:12:28  LINK

Lesson one in pure communism - sharing, my friend... tounge2.gif

LOL rofl.gif

Then i think BIS should just call "game2" -- "Operation Flashpoint 3 -ArmA2" :P

I can read Cyrillic so I was a little surprised when I saw it. Makes sense though. Russia is one of the biggest markets for pirated stuff though I have no idea of their copyright laws. I guess they figure they can get away with it. The cover, literally transliterated is:

Operazzia Fleshpoent 2

and then, oddly enough, they have Armed Assault spelled in the latin alphabet....wtf.

sounds like easy money for codemasters in russia, now all they have to do is make a campaign addon like they did for ofp.r slap the old operation flashpoint 2 tag on it, smile_o.gif. they paid fo nothing in rights

nothing in advertising ,they will be laughing all the way to operation cahpoint smile_o.gif.

I can read Cyrillic so I was a little surprised when I saw it. Makes sense though. Russia is one of the biggest markets for pirated stuff though I have no idea of their copyright laws. I guess they figure they can get away with it. The cover, literally transliterated is:

Operazzia Fleshpoent 2

and then, oddly enough, they have Armed Assault spelled in the latin alphabet....wtf.

Interestingly, the original Flashpoint was distributed as "Operace Flashpoint" here in Czech, probably they translated "operation" in Russia too, so they're doing the same for the sequel.

The "Fleshpoent" is purely phonetic transliteration, that is quite normal in Russia to use in case of foreign names IIRC.

And I don't think they can get away with it. Sould someone enlighten me on case of trademark translations?

I checked russian forum and russians arent happy with this either!

1. They also dont like the cover, people there says it looks too much like battlefield 2 and cheap.

2.people are wondering why there is written PC CD-ROM when Arma should be PC DVD-ROM.

3.Name

Iam wondering will BIS do something about this? Or is it too hard to send EU cover and just change name and info in to the cyrillic?

There is no official release for USA now. As explained in this

link

there will be some kind of (still unknown) of online distribution.

Or you find someone to send you the game from the EU countries, it is released in.

Or you simply wait to see if BIS finds a publisher for the US.

Thats your three options.