Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Sep. 19 2006,18:34)]BIG UPDATE

I've got some interessting stuff for you. Introduction:

1. I got in touch with the sales manager of Morphicon

2. A site will be up soon, where you can book and order ArmA with great possiblities for you (only pay the price of the game and shipping)

The salesmanager of Morphicon told me that the current version in development for the German market includes four languages (german, english, french and czech). It is still unclear wether this will be changed for the final version. For sure, even the German version will be partly in English. Especially commands, orders and the radio will be in english. Furthermore he told me that, due to his daily phone contact to BIS, he assumes that BIS will not have the time to remove the other languages. Date of Info: 18.09.2006

For the confirmation of the site and this statement of Morphicon, please visit ofp.info (should be uploaded soon)

For any other questions concerning the trade site and the supported language, hit me at: sobr@irishrangers.com

Great work !!!!

Does this mean that we dont NEED a publisher for Ireland/UK?

Frankly I dont care, I just want to get my grubby chubby paws on the game !! yay.gif

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Sep. 19 2006,19:34)]Especially commands, orders and the radio will be in english.

smile_o.gif That's fantastic! Thank you for the update.

I really cannot wait any longer...

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Sep. 19 2006,19:34)]Furthermore he told me that, due to his daily phone contact to BIS, he assumes that BIS will not have the time to remove the other languages. Date of Info: 18.09.2006

huh.gif

What do you really mean with that? That they won't have time to fix it so when you select german language everything is in german?

Does this mean that the other version that have confirmed release dates are going to be in English too? So if I ordered from a Czech store then it would have english?

well if native versions contain also english , it will be great as i like games with both language versions ...

The Czech version ONLY contains the czech language.

The German version includes four - Morphicon nor BIS have decided yet to remove them or not, but veery probably they wont do that due to lack of time.

BUT, IF and a big IF, they do it, the game will still be partly in english (radio etc. means: playable)

Im running the homepage, and the general Idea behind it is damn simple. Just give it something back to the community and let you as priviliged as the germans. I would be dead diasspointed if I would live in the UK and would knew that the germans can play the game sad_o.gif

You only pay for the game... shipping (2,5 - 4 € max) and packaging (1 €). The site is serious, im gathering a team to organise this logistics. Ive started a trade at the local authorities and my identity can be checked upton. Money transfer will be via: Paypal, bank draft or letter.

Each of you will be treated personally bymyself, so no automated mails like in ebay or what. My website is 60% done. The release of the homepage will be the 30.09.2006 (most of the OFP news site will inform you about it)

This is how your baby will look like:

image004.jpg

Ps. I am to contact Morphicon again at the end of this week to get the definitive answer.

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Sep. 19 2006,19:34)]BIG UPDATE

I've got some interessting stuff for you. Introduction:

1. I got in touch with the sales manager of Morphicon

2. A site will be up soon, where you can book and order ArmA with great possiblities for you (only pay the price of the game and        shipping)

The salesmanager of Morphicon told me that the current version in development for the German market includes four languages (german, english, french and czech). It is still unclear wether this will be changed for the final version. For sure, even the German version will be partly in English. Especially commands, orders and the radio will be in english. Furthermore he told me that, due to his daily phone contact to BIS, he assumes that BIS will not have the time to remove the other languages. Date of Info: 18.09.2006

For the confirmation of the site and this statement of Morphicon, please visit ofp.info (should be uploaded soon)

For any other questions concerning the trade site and the supported language, hit me at: sobr@irishrangers.com

I contacted them today, here what they said :

Quote[/b] ]Lou Montana

Hello,

it's me again, and I'd like to know if the german version will have english subtitles option ?

Thanks.

Morphicon

Hello Lou,

we still don`t know it. I will post this info at morphicon.de if we are REALY SURE.

Best regards,

Alex

So who can we trust ?  wow_o.gif

IMO it would suck to remove english language option from the game anyway. If I had a choice to have either norwegian or english text in the game, I think I would stick to english... whistle.gif

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Sep. 19 2006,22:21)]The Czech version ONLY contains the czech language.

The German version includes four - Morphicon nor BIS have decided yet to remove them or not, but veery probably they wont do that due to lack of time.

BUT, IF and a big IF, they do it, the game will still be partly in english (radio etc. means: playable)

Im running the homepage, and the general Idea behind it is damn simple. Just give it something back to the community and let you as priviliged as the germans. I would be dead diasspointed if I would live in the UK and would knew that the germans can play the game sad_o.gif

You only pay for the game... shipping (2,5 - 4 € max) and packaging (1 €). The site is serious, im gathering a team to organise this logistics. Ive started a trade at the local authorities and my identity can be checked upton. Money transfer will be via: Paypal, bank draft or letter.

Each of you will be treated personally bymyself, so no automated mails like in ebay or what. My website is 60% done. The release of the homepage will be the 30.09.2006 (most of the OFP news site will inform you about it)

This is how your baby will look like:image removed

Ps. I am to contact Morphicon again at the end of this week to get the definitive answer.

HMM and you are ?

are you from morphicon or something, i dont mind dealing with morphicon direct but i have to say if you already made that false cover and box , lol it does not look in a good light :0.

if you are morphicon i hope the page is up and running soon for over sea orders cause i want that engine asap smile_o.gif.

No I am not Morphicon. I'm just a German with the advanced idea to provide all OFP/ArmA gamers with the game. Thats the simple idea behind it and due to the EU there are no customs or anything else which would limit the trade.

And as I said before, I have started a trade, which makes it 100% legal to the EU rights, and again, my idendity can be checked upon on the Authorities. All of this Info will be on the site !!

The idea of the cover is just an illustration, it was not meant for cheating a version of ArmA (It aint released so how can it be real).

SOBR, I will definitely be placing an order from you when it is available. I hope you won't have a problem shipping to the US.

If at actual german release date, the SOBR offer is still a valid option for non-germans (like me being a dutch gamer) than i wouldn't mind going for the SOBR offer. TBC:)

SOBR, this is what I have been waiting for! As asked above, if you can ship to the US, I will most definately take you up on your offer. Thank you so much! notworthy.gifyay.gif

Yes I can ship to the US. And the funny thing is... for an unbeatable price of shipping.

Ive just (lying in bed) studied the price catalogue of the German Post office and found out something great !

I probably will be able to send a package (like on the pic) to the US for 1 € only !! This is only possible though if the demand is high enough.

So.... the more demand.. the cheaper it is for you !

If the demand is not that high, an airmail to the US will cost 4 € (insuranced 2-4 € more).

As said before... the site will be up on 30.09.2006, then please order your copies of ArmA, after a calculation of prices and (special agreements with the post office, which im gonna make, to make it even cheaper for you) I will tell you if the shipping to the States will be only 1€.

I hope you can see my dedication and honesty in this trade. I am still up at 2 am and need to stand up in 4 hours to go work.

I would be interested aswell, but..

-First, it's always possible BIS will get an english (or whichever other language) publisher.

-Second, Digital Download seems to be an option now, with all the language choices.

-Third, how can we trust you? How do we know it won't just be a scanned cover with a DVD of The Magical School Bus?

-Fourth, what if you are wrong and we end up getting a language we can't even understand?

I'm just being cautious, for everyone's sake. I'm crazy about getting the game aswell, but not crazy enough to waste unnecessary money.

Quote[/b] ]-Third, how can we trust you? How do we know it won't just be a scanned cover with a DVD of The Magical School Bus?

lmao rofl.gif

I'll be interested as well, but only if my menus can be in englishor some english.

Thanks for your post DarkOmen, you exactly expressed my worries. Well let me try, answer your questions.

First: In this case, I will shut down the site and everyone can purchase the game, the normal way

Second: Same answer as in "first"

Third: That has been a problem until yesturday. Of course there is always a certain amount of danger but as I pointed out twice earlier on, I am a registered trade "company" now.

So you will find me in a register of businessman in Germany and I get a business ID number and an national TAX number, with which you can check my identitiy. This register is "open source", to provide security for the buyers (exactly the solution to this problem)

I can not do anything else to provide your more security, I intended to give they guys of my clan (all EU guys) the game and I though "Hey, what about all the other guys?" and then I just had the idea to open this service. What can I do else to win your trust.. want my phone number ? lol

Fourth: I will be the first guy to buy ArmA on 31.11.2006 at 08:00 am (when the stores open), Ill drive back home and see what languages are in. And your requests will only be processed if the version is English of course, I wont send you a simple german version. But it will not get that far, I have an appointment with the sales manager of Morphicon at the end of the week, where I will probably find out, which languages will be in.

Resume: I simply can not get 100% of your trust, I know that and I can fully understand that you are caution, which is ok at a price of 50€ - the thing is, anyone who trusts me, can order and will get the package, and anyone who doesnt trust me... please dont order. I cant change it. sad_o.gif

SOBR, that sounds great! IF and when you build the website and get your hands on a copy from the store, please could you post/publish the covers or give an exact comment what language the cover papers are.

I wouldn't like it so much here in Finland to have German language package (even though you can select the actual game language).

Hi Tuomi!

yes I will let you know of any additional information I get. Again, I have an appointment with the sales manager of Morphicon (german publisher) on friday. I will be able to let you know more then.

I just was at the retail trade and asked for a great number of copies and it seems that all is going to be fine.

And now im gonna continue the work on the homepage.

Ps. is there anyone out there who has knowledge of building in, forms and sendmail scripts ? Can anyone lend a hand ?

If I was you I would have waited till you got a final word from Morphicon about the Affiliate thing before posting it here mate.

We have been in touch with them for a while now and until things are not clear (Language, Retail, Affiliate etc etc) I wouldn't go off posting about it...

I am aware of that Andy.

I know that if the final version does not include English, I can forget the whole story.

But I was told that the game will be, at least, partly in english and Im pretty sure that this fact is enough for many and many players to purchase it. (who cares if the GUI says: Editor or Missionseditor, Campaign or Kampagne, Quit or Beenden)

Another reason why I published the info that early is that I am confident that BIS wont have enough time to take the languages out. (there are still plenty of bugs out there)

well if BIS don't have enough time to take the languages out they must get more time..

(sounds like another delay?) icon_rolleyes.gif

I think its imperative that ARMA comes in English aswell.

I just spoke to Alex from Morphicon on the phone.

You better get your facts straight mate!!

Morphicon still doesn't know if the german version will support ANY other languages. They also do NOT know how shipping outside germany will be handled. All a question IF BIS has other publishers. And believe me BIS doesn't want to put other publishers off because Morphicon starts sending the game around the world.

Also nobody seems to know about a appointment with you on friday.

I guess you'll hear form them and from Placebo very soon...

I can only again say what I was told by Morphicon on the phone.

Quote[/b] ]The salesmanager of Morphicon told me that the current version in development for the German market includes four languages (german, english, french and czech). It is still unclear wether this will be changed for the final version. For sure, even the German version will be partly in English. Especially commands, orders and the radio will be in english. Furthermore he told me that, due to his daily phone contact to BIS, he assumes that BIS will not have the time to remove the other languages. Date of Info: 18.09.2006

This is what I heard and this is what I rely on. Also the Morphicon employee told me that I should call again on Friday to get a more precise answer.

Of course I can picture that BIS wont be happy that some single private guy takes up the work of an outter Germany publisher, but this is not my fault.

It is legal to buy as many copies as I want and do whatever I want with them (either destroy the discs or send them off to EU, this is my decision aint it?)

What I'm doing here is for the sake of the OFP/ArmA players, waiting for 2 years when ArmA was postponed. I care more for the players to be happy and satisfied than the publisher.

And please if you look closer to the quoted text you will realize, that I also wrote that Morphicon still does not know anything for sure. So whats your point ?