Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

OMFG I'm awesome BIS should ship it to my doorstep I thought BIS was sweet but now that I'm inconvenienced their true colours show through LOL. I'm not going to buy ArmA unless they persanaly ship ArmA to by door in a guilded box and I get a hand written apology signed by everyone on staff at BIS like an NFL gameball so that I can sell it on ebay for $$$! YOu've fucked with me for the last time, BIS! I deserve to be treated beter!

The thing the more important it's to have english language at least. I can't really imagine the game wihtout english language (As I'm french, I would better have french too, but I still be able to understand english.) The language has yet be done at least for press demo.

So after if english is present on the game, I will have the game when it will be release even if it'wont be released yet in my lovely country ( where we have cheese, wines and La Tour Eiffel...lol).

There's no law which forbiden me to buy something in europe as there's no law for restrict a compagny to sell its items in an other european country.

For who live outside european community, yours customs officers have better to do that check if you import a video game. Drugs, weapons and lot of things like that take their time. Who care about someone importing his favorite video game if no one want to sell it in the country ?

You all have internet, use it !

Guess we'll be sprechen a bit of Deutsch or god help us in Checz smile_o.gif first mods will probably be to change text to English rofl.gif

We'll be driving to Germany/Chech afterall smile_o.gif

Because they have to release game in more than 1 country.. many languages...

why can't people just accept a universal version, arma is like 16+ or something. ppl should know english quite well by that age. I don't have a single game in finnish language, even max payne wasn't made in finnish tho it is a finnish made game...

I am curious to find out wether this deal with 505 could prevent BIS from selling the game on-line as a download file ??

Some have been stating that this delay is good news because it will provide BIS with extra time to correct bugs. Well, if OFP was not bug free in june 2001 it was fully playable. I trust BIS and I strongly believe that ArmA v1.0 will again be fully playable and enjoyable next month.

Thus, waiting 3 or 4 months to have the game available in other countries in Europe and eventually States side does not make sense ... to me at least confused_o.gif

OMFG I'm awesome BIS should ship it to my doorstep I thought BIS was sweet but now that I'm inconvenienced their true colours show through LOL. I'm not going to buy ArmA unless they persanaly ship ArmA to by door in a guilded box and I get a hand written apology signed by everyone on staff at BIS like an NFL gameball so that I can sell it on ebay for $$$! YOu've fucked with me for the last time, BIS! I deserve to be treated beter!

What do BIS owe you absoulutly nothing.. Its people like you who need to be beaten by people like me and left for dead..

Talking like that saying they owe you something when they clearly dont is just totaly BULL&%$

Why would you need an apology just becuase they found a publisher.. Yeah i was hoping for a nice christmas present but it will have to be a Present for the celebration of the new year..

S78t happens deal with it.. instead of spamming your awsome like some child who hasnt went through puberty yet.. confused_o.gif

Its people like you i hope you get the game and it doesnt play on your computers becuase your a noobchild who cant afford big daddy PCs... AMEN! mad_o.gif

can i suggest something....

personally i think it would a good idea if the original poster added to the original details for each publisher. something along the lines of this...

PUBLISHER | COUNTRY(ies) | DATE | LANGUAGES | COPY PROTECTION SCHEME | MISC

i know this isn't known for each publisher, but it would be damn handy to fill the table in as information comes out in the next few weeks. -- that way all the fans know what / where to get the version they need.

OMFG I'm awesome BIS should ship it to my doorstep I thought BIS was sweet but now that I'm inconvenienced their true colours show through LOL.  I'm not going to buy ArmA unless they persanaly ship  ArmA to by door in a guilded box and I get a hand written apology signed by everyone on staff at BIS like an NFL gameball so that I can sell it on ebay for $$$!  YOu've fucked with me for the last time, BIS!  I deserve to be treated beter!

What do BIS owe you absoulutly nothing.. Its people like you who need to be beaten by people like me and left for dead..

Talking like that saying they owe you something when they clearly dont is just totaly BULL&%$

Why would you need an apology just becuase they found a publisher.. Yeah i was hoping for a nice christmas present but it will  have to be a Present for the celebration of the new year..

S78t happens deal with it.. instead of spamming your awsome like some child who hasnt went through puberty yet..  confused_o.gif

Its people like you i hope you get the game and it doesnt play on your computers becuase your a noobchild who cant afford big daddy PCs... AMEN!  mad_o.gif

he's taking the piss dude. icon_rolleyes.gif

Some have been stating that this delay is good news because it will provide BIS with extra time to correct bugs.

that is incorrect: The delay is for the game being mass produced.. if BIS were correcting bugs still at the time of deley that would mean they would habe to mass produce all them disks again, once the game nears release date there is no more updating becuase they will be mass producing the game to meet the deadlines, the rest of the updates will come in patches...

Why would you need an apology just becuase they found a publisher.. Yeah i was hoping for a nice christmas present but it will have to be a Present for the celebration of the new year..

S78t happens deal with it.. instead of spamming your awsome like some child who hasnt went through puberty yet.. confused_o.gif

Its people like you i hope you get the game and it doesnt play on your computers becuase your a noobchild who cant afford big daddy PCs... AMEN! mad_o.gif

he's taking the piss dude. icon_rolleyes.gif

Doesnt he read the forum rules then, i know im breaking them writting the post but in the context of what he wrote this is nothing, so if he was taking the piss, he broke numruous rules there for should be banned for a few days..

1. Spamming

2. Flaming BIS

3. Just plain being a noob mad_o.gif

ouch, it could be a 4 month delay, there go the sales sad_o.gif

[sarcasm]the time right after christmas is well known for being the hottest time to sell newly released games[/sarcasm]

This community is in a sad state of affairs when such a ridiculously stretched parody is taken seriously. I wrote the above so that we could laugh at ourselves... but this is crazy_o.gif

Because they have to release game in more than 1 country.. many languages...

why can't people just accept a universal version, arma is like 16+ or something. ppl should know english quite well by that age. I don't have a single game in finnish language, even max payne wasn't made in finnish tho it is a finnish made game...

Yea, I wonder about that too... A game like Hitman is solely a danish produced game... But you don't see a danish version anywhere.

If there was a Danish version, I wouldn't buy it though smile_o.gif. We already know that the Czech version of ArmA will have English sounds. But will the text be interchangable?

ouch, it could be a 4 month delay, there go the sales sad_o.gif

Buy it in germany via internet when it will be released there...

Congrats BIS smile_o.gif

But what countries in Europe are we talking about here? All of them except Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Czech Rep, Slovakia and Russia?

Congrats BIS on finding a european publisher. thumbs-up.gif

2. Flaming BIS

He flamed BIS? Where? crazy_o.gif

If you cant see that it was a joke you need to get out more.

Its not BIS fault that the game will be out in 2007 for some parts of europe.

Its not the 505 fault that it will take longer either. It takes time to make adverts, ship it, get it into the shops , etc.

If you cant wait that long,order it online for download or ship it from another country that it is released in.

Dont come here and bitch because you think its BIS fault and demand they release you a demo, they will release one if they want. BIS owe you nothing. Get over it.

Congrats BIS on finding a european publisher. thumbs-up.gif
2. Flaming BIS

He flamed BIS? Where? crazy_o.gif

If you cant see that it was a joke you need to get out more.

Its not BIS fault that the game will be out in 2007 for some parts of europe.

Its not the 505 fault that it will take longer either. It takes time to make adverts, ship it, get it into the shops , etc.

If you cant wait that long,order it online for download or ship it from another country that it is released in.

Dont come here and bitch because you think its BIS fault and demand they release you a demo, they will release one if they want. BIS owe you nothing. Get over it.

it was uncalled for, dont get me wrong but have you ever read the rules..

<span id='ME'><center>Matt Rochelle takes a chill pill </center></span>

The 2007 Release date is totaly out of BIS hands so why point the finger at them, as Placebo stated they dont decide the release date, there just developers.. 505 decided that date becuase thats what best for them to get everything right.

of course it's not their fault, but it's us that keep them alive. I don't blame them for anything, but I'm in great pain and agony cos I want the game right here right now so I could love them even more inlove.gif

Anger and verbal violence for the love of a game inlove.gif

(or is that because we're all digital crack whores?)

I'm excited by all the publishers getting signed up. My only concern, not knowing the timing of all the releases, is will there be any buyers left after 4 months? I know if there is a way to get Czech or German versions 4 mos in advance - ya know I'm going to do it! I believe most are. So, I just hope this doesn't give BIS a black eye from all the tail-end pubs missing the mad rush months earlier.

This all reminds me about Gothic series where there was a German version released and we had to wait more than 1 year to get English speech/text in the game. Well, frankly, I don't care - I'm buying the first version that will be out. thumbs-up.gif

Since there are alot of "me want to have it now" feelings, I go around the other way and say that for me, they dont have to release it that soon. I got things to do this winter + plus I learned to use the mission editor in OFP so I got my hands full.

....when RO was released over steam it took months I believe before they got publishers for the game in store. Of course if you got internet you had the game from day one. icon_rolleyes.gif

Congrats to the rest of europe for getting a release estimate.

Curious though. If the other euro publishers are saying they'll have their copies in mid november, and 505 is producing their copies sometime in Q1 next year - are they all copies?

As far as I understand this is the order of events:

1.) Developer starts designing a game.

2.) Developer completes game and gives publisher release canidates and the publishers review them.

3.) Publisher sees that there are no more bugs and then the game has "gone gold", the "gold" disk is then sent to the publisher for reproduction.

If there are several publishers, and there are several different GOLD versions that are not the same as others, can we expect version confilicts (think of OFP: GOTY crisis)?

Australia is covered as well, same as some other Areas. The UK Publisher got the Publishing rights for this Areas. More will be announced in a Press Release very soon...

biggrin_o.gif

but i'll buy it online first, then the box when it comes out.