Sign in to follow this  
Acecombat

Schumacher announces retirement!

After winning the Italian GP schumi announced in the televised conference that he will retire. Sad day for F1 , he was such a good and competitive driver. I know i will miss him and so will many other people. Have been watching him since i first began watching F1 and his days at benetton williams.

I dont know why he wont do just one more season , hes still got IT ... he can win and drive equally well or better then anyone at the moment. I guess it was more of a decision influenced by his family and his personal life since hes got ferrari wanting him and he can still drive competitevly. Hes got more records then anyone in F1. He could have gone on and made it a 100 GP wins if he probably stayed for one more season , something i was hoping for. Still he will remain as the greatest F1 driver of this generation. F1 next season will not be the same without him.

Viva la Schumi!

p1_schumacher.jpg

Never missed a grand prix ever,on Tv smile_o.gif.Micheal was a fantastic machine almost boring at times but i guess formual1 had become that way, altho its kind of recovering with new rules.Having said that i did love to watch him in the rain "rainmaster", but overall, imo he will never be the greatest ever,that will always be ayrton senna

smile_o.gif.

I was a little surprised to see him retire, but the setting for it was proper.

He is and was a joy to watch on those early Sunday mornings here in the states

Schumi like Schumi smile_o.gif but the driver on his left : KUBICA ...

hehehehe - that was his third race and he did it really nice smile_o.gif

Allways a prevlidge to don my Ferrari clothing, head down to Albert park with my German flag, and watching you speed pass.

Then head over to Little Italy and hang out with the wogs afterwards biggrin_o.gif

wow, what a sad month...

- crock hunter's death

- Agassi's retirement

- Schumacher's retirement huh.gif

Hmmm yes, sad in a way... he was (well, is) a really good driver, the best atm.

Although I still think Ayrton Senna was the greatest. sad_o.gif

benetton williams

Well not quite Benetton Williams. You mean just Benetton, let's not combine two different teams into one, OK?

Great driver, but. Unsportsmanship behaviour too often. I will always remember Schumacher the best from what he did for Damon Hill and what he did for Jacques Villeneuve. Just to mention two most notable incidents. And especially what he did at Monaco GP this year... that was absolutely ridiculous, he parked his car in the middle of the track to block others!

Thanks for the great races against Mika Häkkinen, though. You put up a great show with him. I will always remember how Schumacher stalled his car on the grid in last race of 1998, when the nerve pressure was at the peak. The other guy didn't lose his nerves when it was important.

Now he has two choices:

1) Open a driving school/manage a racing team

2) Get a LOT of speeding tickets (some people have no respect tounge2.gif )

benetton williams

Well not quite Benetton Williams. You mean just Benetton, let's not combine two different teams into one, OK?

Great driver, but. Unsportsmanship behaviour too often. I will always remember Schumacher the best from what he did for Damon Hill and what he did for Jacques Villeneuve. Just to mention two most notable incidents. And especially what he did at Monaco GP this year... that was absolutely ridiculous, he parked his car in the middle of the track to block others!

Thanks for the great races against Mika Häkkinen, though. You put up a great show with him. I will always remember how Schumacher stalled his car on the grid in last race of 1998, when the nerve pressure was at the peak. The other guy didn't lose his nerves when it was important.

its part of the game, makes it better, it like dodgy referee decisions in football matches, everyone hates them, but at the end of the day its great entertainement (just as long as your not betting on the match)

A sucessful F1 driver needs that agreesion and arogance that schumaher had, just brilliant to watch him and i hope he kicks the crap out of Alonso (not literally.... alough) 

Next year Lewis Hamilton will win the f1 championhip!  biggrin_o.gif , if not it will be Jensen Button  biggrin_o.gif , even if he should fail it will almost undoubtadly be David Coultard  biggrin_o.gif   rofl.gif

Glad to see him go. I not only think he's a knob, but i also think it'll make F1 abit more interesting if more than 1 driver ever really wins anything icon_rolleyes.gif

I remember M. Schumacher's 'performance' in 1994 at my home town of Adelaide, quite vividly.

The collision, that took Damon Hill, out of the race and all contention for the championship, still pisses me off. confused_o.gif

I remember M. Schumacher's 'performance' in 1994 at my home town of Adelaide, quite vividly.

The collision, that took Damon Hill, out of the race and all contention for the championship, still pisses me off. confused_o.gif

And how he attempted the same thing with villeneuve! O that glorious bit of footage shot from the pedastal camera above the air intake showing the Wheel struts collaps on schumachers car and the wheel folding over the nose of his car. They should have banned him from F1 there and then, it would have done Formula 1 a lot of good.

To Ban the best driver? Looking back it would have definetly been a mistake. I dont think many would have liked to continue watching Formula 1 knowing one of the best (back then he was just that) was missing.

You can whine about one or the other of his actions. But there are also many examples of his brilliance. And in the end a driver has to be agressive to become the best in the world. And seeing so many creepy and unsportive comments now from former comeptitors proofs to me, that many accusations were probably just envy. He was better than them and proofed it just too often to be called a "cheater".

Quote[/b] ]We will miss him a little bit as a driver, we will miss him a lot in the football matches

Jarno Trulli

Toyota driver

Oh yes like the dramatical drop in viewing numbers Schumacher, ferrari and barrichello caused with their team-orders stuntsx? Those antics nearly killed F1 in the USA. Great going ... not.

All controversial decisions aside , he DOES drive well and aggressively and thats what matters most. Look at his brother a complete opposite of him when it comes to over taking and pushing it to the limit.

What formula 1 needs is more aggressive and skilled drivers like him. And seeing how MANY races hes raced , its no surprise if hes messed a few of them. No one can regard the rest as fluke or based on cheat , the guy had talent and driving abilities most dont have in F1 at present.

What a final drive by schumi in Brazil. From 10th to 6th and the puncture sending him to the back of the grid ... and from 19th to 4th ... wow. That move on Raikonnen before the Senna S was superb aswell. If only the Brazilian GP had 10 more laps , i know he'd have won it.

I couldnt watch it. It was on at 2 in the morning and i had skool the next day sad_o.gif But woke up really early to see the scores on the sports channel. Cya around Schumacher. No one will ever replace you

The move ahead of Räikkönen (ahem, not Raikonnen) in Brazil was nothing spectacular, quite normal overtaking to my eyes. Great drive from Schumi anyway, it was fun to watch how he climbed back to the top. I'm glad Schumi understood to retire when he is still alive. He's got so much to do in his life and by taking yet another season of F1 could've ended his life, not worth the risk when he already won it all.

good riddance

say what ever you like but this is just something unforgiveable and has nothing to do with good sportsmanship

I was 8yrs old back then and I remember it like yesterday and since then I've hated the man from the very bottom of my heart. too bad his dirty deeds didn't end there...

That video shows Hill acting cocky and deliberately taking the inside line even when schumacher whos infront IS taking it to defend his position. Overall the mistake can be blamed on BOTH the drivers not ONE alone.

Quote[/b] ]The move ahead of Räikkönen (ahem, not Raikonnen) in Brazil was nothing spectacular, quite normal overtaking to my eyes.

Yeah whatever i cant spell finnish biggrin_o.gif .

The maneouver was still good enough , squeezing a car in such a narrow place when raikkonen was blocking it was a risky move ... going at 200mph +. I say excellent overtaking there , not something you see everyday even in F1.

As to what goes for collisions, heck, I've seen some in Dakkar which actually is a rallye and where I thought there shouldn't be any because they are competing for time and not exactly directly against each other... If there is any reprimand to be made against Schumacher, it would only be if the rumours that he toasted to Senna's death with champagne and joy, would be proven true... apart from that, all those "middle-fingers" shown during the races... oh well.

Truth is he's THE F1 driver, taking over the number one position from Fangio, winning more "mosts" of everything than any other driver before him, and is therefore the new reference.

good riddance

say what ever you like but this is just something unforgiveable and has nothing to do with good sportsmanship

I was 8yrs old back then and I remember it like yesterday and since then I've hated the man from the very bottom of my heart. too bad his dirty deeds didn't end there...

Exactly, and it's not like he did it once, he tried it a lot of time. The man did Formula 1 a lot more harm then good. Good riddance to bad rubbish.