Sign in to follow this  
FatJoe

Evasive Moves?

I just saw some recent screenshot of the Controls option, and I noticed three "moves" I'm not exacly familiar with.

Evasive forward, Evasive left & Evasive right.

(Link to screenshot -thanks to armed-assault.eu)

The moves are performed by double tapping the appropriative key (W, A, S, D) atleast thats what I read out of the 2xW, 2xA & 2xD.

I'm wondering what these are supposed to do. huh.gif

Ps. Is I back or what? wink_o.gif

Looks interesting... must for diving (you know when you jump behind a barrle or something)... heh i like it.

Hope the AI soldiers will jump for cover too. :O

EDIT: could be just a leaning feature though.

Guest Ti0n3r

Sounds like leaning or something similar.

I couldn't imagine having to tap keys for leaning.

My guess is that it's for performing a dive, or dive & roll.

What is the use of leaning forward or backward? This isn't the Matrix we play in... whistle.gif

This doesn't sound like leaning. Maybe more of a sprint/dash or falling to the ground as in seeking cover.

Lol, maybe it's dodge, like in UT serial, double tap W,A,S or D and leap in that direction. tounge2.gif

wow_o.gif

The old man is back? biggrin_o.gif

I doubt it's leaning. As already pointed out, it would be a reeeeeeally bad system if you had to tap the keys to lean, and you don't really need to lean forward or backwards, do you? Besides, evasive move doesn't really sound like leaning, does it? There's noting evasive in leaning.

Old man?!

You could use some of those evasive moves right now!

*throws punches towards Garcia and pulls a muscle..*

Owww.... Alright.. I'm old.

But, atleast I'm back smile_o.gif

Agreed, evasive move is not leaning. It might be jumping for cover, but it seems so John Woo like somehow confused_o.gif

Any other suggestions?

Ey, my evasive moves are good wink_o.gif

Yeah, jumping for cover sounds a bit unlikely. It may be it, but it sounds a bit hollywoodish...though, I can't really think of much else confused_o.gif

Now, how is that muscle, old man? nener.gif

we might have to ask someone who has played the press demo

Ok, I think that they probably are dive and roll. Sort of how they characters dive and roll in BF2, or the rolling in America's army?

but... it would be pretty annoying to accidently hit the ground while you're just trying to get a good line of fire, or any other situation where you need those move buttons for fine-adjustment of your position (behind cover or so) crazy_o.gif

so that can't be it.

I would've thought 2xW would be sprint like Americas Army... judging by that screenshot it's a bit hard to tell.

I do wonder how to fit all the new moves onto the keyboard though... Q/E for leaning upsets the ofp setup a lot...

Oh well, it'll be fun.

But what we really need is: Autorun - who's with me?! wink_o.gif

But what we really need is: Autorun - who's with me?! wink_o.gif

You mean like, you press a button once, and you walk when pressing 'W', then you press it again and you run when pressing 'W'? That is already in OFP.

No, I mean an auto-walk/run button that toggles moving forward on and off, saving you from having to keep W pressed.

Useful for long walks so you don't have to stress one finger/whatever for long periods.

But also useful for moving while doing other things. When reading the map, briefing, giving commands, typing in chat.(Not everyone has the luxury of VoIP).

I realise that it allows a level of afk-ness and that's a bit bad in a way but on the other hand I think it's worth it.

plus it eventually becomes a pain in the arse if you only want to tap forward then you press it and the character goes running into the enemy biggrin_o.gif , trust me i have it on tomb raider on my PDA and it eventually makes you banghead.gif

I'd rather have the Evasive moves rather than autorun.

And, as the name suggest (evasive, evasion (?) ), it's probably to dive away, to dodge incoming fire or quickly dive away so you won't be spotted.

And why have Autorun ? If you could press a button and it makes you run forward without you having to do anything, you won't be alert. When you actually have your finger on the 'W' key, you are in the game, you are paying attention to your surroundings, you might get ambushed any second. At least, that's how I feel about it.

- Viper

I think 2xW is for sprinting. And the other 2x ones for fast strafing or something.

<joke>I think it is for doing cart-wheeling. Like in the matrix where he does a cart-wheel to the side and picks up the m-16 and starts firing while doing cart-wheels. </joke>

Im thinking it is probably some type of diving action but whatever it is im sure it will be cool.

Agreed, evasive move is not leaning. It might be jumping for cover, but it seems so John Woo like somehow confused_o.gif

lol. Maybe, but I doubt it will look very graceful while carrying all of your gear.